Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating russbo.com

Well, I guess it's time.

I'm having trouble with the internet line that feeds my personal server. The personal server, runs this forum, the video streaming, etc, etc. And, the forum software is getting outdated. So, I'm considering fhe following:

Moving the main part of the site (www.russbo.com) to a larger, faster server.
    Moving the forums, etc, to this new, larger faster server
    Getting rid of my personal server and its internet access line
    Upgrading the store with new software
    Upgrading the forums to the newest, fastest, and best upgrade.
    Adding more videos and other things.

I'm sweating in my chair thinking about how much work this is going to be. I've already committed to new server space, so the main part of the site is going to be moved. (It will be down, sometime around Christmas, while I do this part of the job). But, upgrading the forums, and moving them to the new server, is going to be a nightmare. I don't think you guys know how much work I've put into hacking the present forum, to have all of the features that it presently contains. Upgrading this forum, and "rebuilding" it, is going to be one hell of a process. But, the current forum on the current server / line, is slower now, and we've got a lot more things to add.

Well, you all know what's been happening here in russbo land..... I need some feedback as to what you would like me to do. Whether it's worth it or not.

doc
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Well, I've been "away" for a bit, "in jail" and the such, so things have been a bit slow around here. The two very devastating site hacks have not helped much, and had really kept me busy. But, hopefully, that's all behind us, even though I'm still working on trying to repair certain other parts of the site.

Just wanted you all to know that we've been working on a complete site overhaul. We've expanded the russboTeam to some full time members here in Thailand now (which brings the team to a new, truly international status), and we have many new additions coming your way.

Anyone interested in jumping on board with us, please let me know.

doc
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

doc, you're one tough cookie.

id help, but i am the epitome of computer illiteracy...
      "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

I would be more than happy to help...although now my work has taken away my internet access so I wouldn't have as much time as I would like. Just let me know how I can assist, Doc...
        "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

Well, maybe one thing you guys can get started on, is some sort of russbo "Go Team". Your first mission: fly to Australia and help BL "lose" her cell phone.

russbo.com

Comment

no need for flying just need her number and you can overload....i dont think that should be discussed here when can i get some inferno action again?
            "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

Originally posted by master splinter
              doc, you're one tough cookie.

id help, but i am the epitome of computer illiteracy...
              I wouldn't help but if I wanted to I couldn't because of the reason you list.
              Peace, favor your sword. "In these modern times many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use." Achille Marozzo, 1536 Donald Corey Pillow

Familiarity breeds Contempt

Citizens should not fear their governments; governments should fear their citizens.

There ain't a wrong way to do right or a right way to do wrong! Joe Frazier

Ignorance is Bliss

Comment

Working...
              X