No announcement yet.

Scientology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still nothing about scientology in the headlines on CNN.com. I wouldn't be surprised if the question never seriously comes up in the media out of some misplaced sense of respect. "Yes his parents indirectly killed him by denying him medical care, which would be considered child abuse or manslaughter in other cases, but let's give them some space."

Comment

• Hey, its their "religion" that means they can do anything they want and its protected. My religion preaches involuntary manslaughter by denying people medicine, so you must respect that.
      The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

• Well, no one knows if they gave this kid medication or not. There was an initial news report that had said that the kid was on Depakote (an anti seizure medication) for a while, but that the parents stopped giving it to him because "they didn't think it worked". Haven't seen any more statements like that, and since the kid was cremated, there won't be any going back to push for drug testing.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

• Originally posted by doc View Post
          Well, no one knows if they gave this kid medication or not. There was an initial news report that had said that the kid was on Depakote (an anti seizure medication) for a while, but that the parents stopped giving it to him because "they didn't think it worked". Haven't seen any more statements like that, and since the kid was cremated, there won't be any going back to push for drug testing.
          Good times.
          Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Working...
          X