No announcement yet.

Scientology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A key aim of Super Power is to enhance one?s perceptions ? and not just the five senses we all know ? hearing, sight, touch, taste and smell.
    Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard taught that people have 57 ?perceptics.? They include an ability to discern relative sizes, blood circulation, balance, compass direction, temperature, gravity and an ?awareness of importance, unimportance.?

Take any book on chi gung, any book on kundalini, combine it with the mormon bible, and add dale carnegie's how to win friends and influence people and WAALAAH!

you have SCIENTOLOGY!!!!! or should i call it DIANETICS!!!!
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

• Originally posted by master splinter

Take any book on chi gung, any book on kundalini, combine it with the mormon bible, and add dale carnegie's how to win friends and influence people and WAALAAH!

you have SCIENTOLOGY!!!!! or should i call it DIANETICS!!!!

Works better if it's a WKK Chi Gong book....
      The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

• This is great.

Tom Cruise talking about Scientology for ten minutes (while somehow saying nothing), and occasionally breaking out into maniacal laughter.

Comment

• Wow. He's lost touch with reality. The guy is creepier than he had appeared to be. Good find Z.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

• My opinion on scientology is simple.

If you can read online about the religion, and use those readings to apply that religion to your life and make yourself a better person, then it is probably a real religion, as long as it promotes well being and good will.

A religion that tells you a bunch of quasi-scientific garbage that sounds made up, and then tells you that you have to run tests and be hooked up to machines and shit? Sounds more like you are going to a hospital than a church. Scientology is a joke and can not actually be applied to your life the way a traditional religion can be, as far as I know.

Religions usually provide a role model: Jesus, moses, muhammed, buddha, etc. Where is that role model in scientology? What are their principles? Telling me that I have cells in my body that are storing up negative crap sounds like I am taking a biochemistry class. What I have read about scientology is no more applicable to my day to day life than quantum physics.

Comment

• Scientology contract

Zachsan, in another thread (in HELL, I think), pointed out a Slate.com article about Scientology. In it, they discussed the contract that people have to sign when they join. Slate.com also mentioned that they had it on their servers, but that they had to delete it. Interesting....

I have it here for your perusal. It's worth reading... (about 4 mb)

DOWNLOAD:Scientology contract

Enjoy!
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

• I am just now reading through it..

my first thought is about "institution vs Dao" ..

To give one's whole life to say buddha and buddha nature and dao surrounding that, obviously requires investment, yes? So, could auditing be as a guided discipleship is to from a monk, and all that stuff , seemingly confrontational and traumatic in it's embracing and release processes, be similar to what happens within one's mind and so forth during exercise and qigong and meditation as one works past issues toward yin and yang harmonies and life expressions of that??

Detatchment and integrative levels of accepting karmic influences, and foresight even, and action planning of that, does seem to be a very central theme. It's alo open ended in terms of what one "must" acheive, so I find that likewise of compassion regarding samara and also aking to acceptance of nirvana.

I also find their medical philosophy quite synonymous with shaolin medicine and wugong and qigong.

Donatation refund policy indeed, though, huh. What about for earnings inlieu? sound familar ??

Intellectual properties and buddhist rules tenets and precepts and dharma regarding understand those and contextual use of those to defame, quite like as to brahmin, also catches my attention and is very much paradoxical and subjective of a analysis anyway, no?
                Maybe that is why the international law sanctions that they have sanction to freely implement internal heirarchy, or rather more to the point, acknowledges that that is how that works. ( I still regularly hear from this crowd requesting input and survey assistance, btw. and no, I haven't bought or signed anything but my bodhisattva soul by getting in a position one of them could claim love for me . yay for detachment and fair hearing. . )
                I also think that that's another very good reason to invite ppl of such eclectic philanthropy to participate in upper echelons of judicial and governmental and other professional heirarchy. Was it Karl Marx who spoke of industrial ( including educationally relative) reform surrounding assimilation??

Is open mindedness and reserved judgement seeming a running theme here to anyone else?

It quite reminds me of a surrender to marraige really.... marrying a belief system..

Regarding refuge and criticisms of the temple proper hosting this or that thing, the Dalai comes to mind also. .

Very interesting read.

Did anyone have a comment regarding that ( the contract)? that's a few posts now pointing to it.

Blooming tianshi lotus.

Comment

• BL, what the hell are you talking about?

This time, you really lost me...

russbo.com

Comment

• I'll bet. that's great news .

You and the monkey king, huh.

* feel free to break into strands of "they sa ay it wa as in india... gan dha ara" if you like . . do you have a link to that story on the website here? that would be very cool*

Blooming tianshi lotus.

Comment

• Well, I hate to harp on these things, but I sometimes I have a major problem with this "religion" stuff. This was an unfortunate event, but I've seen it so many times before in my medical practice years ago.

I have italicized what I think is the important part of this story...

Jett Travolta, the 16-year-old son of actors John Travolta and Kelly Preston, died in the Bahamas on Friday, according to a statement released by Bahamas police.

Jett suffered a seizure at his family's vacation home at the Old Bahama Bay Hotel on Grand Bahama Island during a family vacation, police said.

He was discovered unconscious in the bathroom around 10 a.m. by caretaker Jeff Michael Kathrain, according to police Chief Superintendent Basil Rahming.

Family attorney Michael Ossi said in a statement that Jett died suddenly on Friday. Publicists Samantha Mast and Paul Block released the statement but could not be reached for additional comment.

An Associated Press report says Jett hit his head when he fell in the bathtub. He was pronounced dead at Rand Memorial Hospital, police said, and Rahming said an autopsy is being scheduled.

"The Travolta family has become like family to us at Old Bahama Bay and we extend our deepest sympathies to them," said Robert Gidel, president of Ginn Resorts, the property's owner.

The family had arrived in the Bahamas on Dec. 30, according to police.

Preston has said that Jett became very sick when he was 2 years old and was diagnosed with Kawasaki disease, an illness that leads to inflammation of the blood vessels in young children.

They blamed household cleaners and fertilizers, and said that a detoxification program based on teachings from the Church of Scientology helped improve his health, according to People magazine.

It is unclear whether Jett was taking any medications for his seizures.

The Scientology Celebrity Center in Los Angeles declined to comment. Both Travolta and Preston are practicing
                      Kawasaki disease usually affects the heart; it is thought to be either a viral or an autoimmune disorder found very rarely in kids. These children can develop inflammation of the arteries, usually of the heart, but also elsewhere, as in this case, the brain. Death can occur from heart attacks in children, as the vasculitis of the coronary arteries can result in blockage or aneurysm and rupture.

Sad to hear that a young boy dies in this matter. No doubt there will be a lot of controversy about his medical treatment in the future considering the parent's beliefs.

russbo.com

Comment

• Maybe this will help the Travoltas realize the stupidity, and seriousness, of this stuff. But probably not.

Comment

• In my experience, with other sect like people and their sick kids, the death of their child does not open their eyes. In fact, sometimes it drives them deeper into their beliefs. I've seen it with the Jehovah's and the Christian Scientists far too many times in the past. Never ran into a Scientologist in NY back then...

russbo.com

Comment

• Originally posted by doc View Post
                            In my experience, with other sect like people and their sick kids, the death of their child does not open their eyes. In fact, sometimes it drives them deeper into their beliefs. I've seen it with the Jehovah's and the Christian Scientists far too many times in the past. Never ran into a Scientologist in NY back then...
                            Right on the money, but what really annoys me is that the media should back off and wait at least until the Kid had a decent burial. A little human decency would be in order.

I am a parent myself, and I hope I never have to go through this.

Uwe

Comment

• Kelly Preston blamed household cleaners and fertilizers for the disease and said a detoxification program based on Scientology teachings helped improve his health, according to People magazine.
                              He's been cremated. And the news won't let off. But then again, the parents with their off handed remarks in the past have contributed to this.

People die from seizure disorders all the time (death from Kawasaki's disease at this later stage is uncommon). Now the question in the media will be, did the kid get appropriate medical care for his condition, or was this another Scientology "treatment" issue?

russbo.com

Comment

• Kelly Preston blamed household cleaners and fertilizers for the disease and said a detoxification program based on Scientology teachings helped improve his health, according to People magazine.
                                He's been cremated. And the news won't let off. But then again, the parents with their off handed remarks in the past have contributed to this.

People die from seizure disorders all the time (death from Kawasaki's disease at this later stage is uncommon). Now the question in the media will be, did the kid get appropriate medical care for his condition, or was this another Scientology "treatment" issue?

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X