No announcement yet.

Scientology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"In Scientology doctrine, Xenu is a galactic ruler who, 75 million years ago, brought billions of people to Earth, stacked them around volcanoes, and blew them up with hydrogen bombs."

As sadistic and as ludicrous as this sounds, I found it to be quite amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro
      listen, ill read the info later which i appreciate

but there are intelligent people here, just because our oppinions differ doesnt give anyone the right to throw around insults..

anyhow, thanks for the info
      Hi,

Yeah, you're right, sorry about the insults. Just that the narrowmindedness gets to me sometimes. I do not know what this Xenu thing is or what a galactic over-whatzit is either. These are not in Hubbard's writings, but are made up to confuse people. Scientology is about communication, about making able people more able in their lives. If you want specifics I can list my gains here for a second, such as a stage fright that is no longer there; I no longer get constantly sick (still the occasional colds though -- working on that one). I was referring to Narconon earlier as a drug rehab facility. They have been checked by state officials in Oklahoma and found to have a much higher rate of success than other treatment programs. It's not 100% but better than a lot out there. As you noticed though, some of the responses have also been less than understanding or open-minded. A lot of misinformation has spread about this subject and I will not defend it. I will say though that you seem intelligent and want to know more. If I were checking out a subject I knew little about, I would visit my local library, take out a few books, and find out for myself. I will not be posting on this site anymore. Good luck to you friend. - JM

Comment

Originally posted by DeltronZer0
        "In Scientology doctrine, Xenu is a galactic ruler who, 75 million years ago, brought billions of people to Earth, stacked them around volcanoes, and blew them up with hydrogen bombs."

As sadistic and as ludicrous as this sounds, I found it to be quite amusing.
        Nice fiction. No such thing.

Comment

Originally posted by pazman
          I might be jumping the gun on this one but it goes:

Are you ready for Galactice Overlords?
          Again, science fiction. Nothing to do with what Scientology principals are.

Comment

Originally posted by plumflower_pm
            yea, do read those links, and then read these as well.

This is from Wikipedia, and is quite objective:
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dianetics

Also have a look at these:

http://www.cultnews.com/archives/000650.html

http://www.factnet.org/Scientology/d...s.html?FACTNet

http://www.rickross.com/groups/scientology.html

Any "religion" that asks you to sign a release form is one you should research carefully.
            These sites do not give the true information. The true data are in the books and lectures of Hubbard. Are you a psychiatrist or believe in their value system?

Comment

Originally posted by zachsan
              one of the main principles of scientology is that, when it's questioned or doubted, its adherents are supposed to attack the skeptic, his credibility and his intelligence. very little in done to rebut the actual criticisms, aside from dismissing them as lies and repeating completely unsupported claims about the cult, such as that it has cured addiction and "helped" thousands of people. "mourgos" here is practically reading from a script.
              Again, I'm amazed at your active imagination regarding what Scientology's principals and "think" is all about. What is your reference that what you say is true? Where is your proof? Hmm?? The subject stands on its own. You really should simply read a book on the subject rather than make up stories....

Comment

haha, i was hoping you'd ask that.

jon atack was a scientologist for 9 years. you could say he's reasonably well-educated on the subject. that's a link to an article by him. the article provides references for all of its claims. from the article:

'In a bizarre 1955 article, Hubbard wrote "The DEFENSE of anything is UNTENABLE. The only way to defend anything is to ATTACK".'

Originally posted by mourgos
                Most in this forum are bigots in relation to this religion... A lot of misinformation has spread about this subject and I will not defend it.
                'At the end of 1992, scientologists started to arrive uninvited on my doorstep... The first couple accused me of "persecuting" their religion... Having failed in the particular, they moved on to the general. I was accused of being a liar. Unable to give any example of a lie I had told, one began chanting hysterically "you tell lies".'

Originally posted by mourgos
                Nice fiction. No such thing...
                Again, science fiction. Nothing to do with what Scientology principals are...
                These sites do not give the true information.
                lol... it's almost too easy.
                Last edited by zachsan; 05-24-2005, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Literature from Hubbard is necessarily biased and will present a specific experiential viewpoint. I certainly think Maestro should read that, and I also think he should read the neutral information at Wikipedia and the negative information and experiences reported in the other sites.

The "true data" you speak of is doctrine, and in as much may be "truth" for the person reading it, and may not be. Metaphysics are subjective and therefore "truth" is elusive and malleable - it must be different for each person because each person is intricately different. This is faith and ideology you're selling, not hard defensible science by any means. Hubbard's writings are in no way supported by the scientific community, nor does Hubbard fund or pursue actual physical research to support his scientific claims. That in itself raises flags for me, but if you get strength from this stuff, more power to you.

So relax. Be less reactionary. If Scientology is all you believe it to be, then there is no reason you should be so defensive about criticism or negative press.

Me thinks thou dost protest too much.

Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

About as fun as the time I called the cops on a Jehova Witness...
                    practice wu de

Comment

Actually, the best things to do with Jehonva Witnesses is invite them into pray. For some reason its against their religion to and if you're insist they'll run away, never to return.

For Mormons I invite them in for a drink (always making sure I offer them a beer which is politely refused) and proceed to debate them over their holy books. Many actually impress me with their debating skills.

When meeting Scientologists I make it clear (haha, get it?) that I'm already an Operating Thetan and that their powers are no match for mine.

LONG LIVE XENU!!!
                      -Jesse Pasleytm
                      "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro
                        Anyone know about scientology?

I only know a little..was just wondering if anyone else had an interest in it...

peace
                        I certainly hope you got your question answered regarding this subject. with an area called "weird bullshit" I don't think you will get an objective analysis of Scientology. What's better is to talk to those who've had gain on this subject. Scientologists were at the World Trade Center and at the Indonesia earthquake site, giving aid and comfort. I really feel it is a group with a good heart, whether you want to be one or not. What's true for you is what you've observed, so observe carefully, read on the subject and good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by pazman
                          Actually, the best things to do with Jehonva Witnesses is invite them into pray. For some reason its against their religion to and if you're insist they'll run away, never to return.

For Mormons I invite them in for a drink (always making sure I offer them a beer which is politely refused) and proceed to debate them over their holy books. Many actually impress me with their debating skills.

When meeting Scientologists I make it clear (haha, get it?) that I'm already an Operating Thetan and that their powers are no match for mine.

LONG LIVE XENU!!!
                          So you like knocking religion and you're proud of it. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by plumflower_pm
                            Literature from Hubbard is necessarily biased and will present a specific experiential viewpoint. I certainly think Maestro should read that, and I also think he should read the neutral information at Wikipedia and the negative information and experiences reported in the other sites.

The "true data" you speak of is doctrine, and in as much may be "truth" for the person reading it, and may not be. Metaphysics are subjective and therefore "truth" is elusive and malleable - it must be different for each person because each person is intricately different. This is faith and ideology you're selling, not hard defensible science by any means. Hubbard's writings are in no way supported by the scientific community, nor does Hubbard fund or pursue actual physical research to support his scientific claims. That in itself raises flags for me, but if you get strength from this stuff, more power to you.

So relax. Be less reactionary. If Scientology is all you believe it to be, then there is no reason you should be so defensive about criticism or negative press.

Me thinks thou dost protest too much.

OK, there is some truth in your message to not be reactionary, but it is kinda tough when I see blatant lies. Scientology was based on Battlefield Earth? Yeah, right. The Maestro man should find out for himself and I'm only inviting him to do so and in that we agree. See ya.

Comment

Originally posted by zachsan
                              haha, i was hoping you'd ask that.

jon atack was a scientologist for 9 years. you could say he's reasonably well-educated on the subject. that's a link to an article by him. the article provides references for all of its claims. from the article:

'In a bizarre 1955 article, Hubbard wrote "The DEFENSE of anything is UNTENABLE. The only way to defend anything is to ATTACK".'

'At the end of 1992, scientologists started to arrive uninvited on my doorstep... The first couple accused me of "persecuting" their religion... Having failed in the particular, they moved on to the general. I was accused of being a liar. Unable to give any example of a lie I had told, one began chanting hysterically "you tell lies".'

lol... it's almost too easy.
                              If I look up disgruntled ex-members of any organization, will I get a subjective reality on what that subject is about? Not likely. You clearly have an axe to grind.

Comment

will you actually respond to any point raised in this thread? not likely.
                                Last edited by zachsan; 06-01-2005, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X