No announcement yet.

Scientology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=mourgos]If I look up disgruntled ex-members of any organization, will I get a subjective reality on what that subject is about? Not likely. [QUOTE]

yes, you will. look up "subjective", then look up "objective".

I will leave no nit unpicked.

that said, I appreciate how you mediated yourself in your last post to Maestro. Very objective, and as such, much more likely to be read and taken seriously. Thing is, I happen to think that much of what you believe is lies... and you feel the opposite, just as strongly.

Isn't religion great? We all get to be right...
    Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

no no PM, apparently it's an organization now.

i suppose that, if there's no inherent contradiction in being a religion and a science simultaneously, there's certainly no contradiction in being both a religion and a business.

Comment

All religions are business, in one way or another. Some just aren't so profitable and have a hard time keeping good help.

ahhh... it's nice to be an athiest.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

yes it is. but "all religions are businesses"? you don't have to be such a goddam cynic all the time.

Comment

ok this time, you be the pot, and I'll be the kettle.

Comment

Just sick, pure and simple....you guys, are......

g
              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I agree with that! I was only saying if I want a real opinion on any subject, be it religion, whatever, that I would study up on it, see both sides and make up my own mind. I've seen what the principles of Scientology, when put into practice actually do for all areas of life, so for me it is an observable reality that it works well when applied well. The concept of "applied" religious philosophy is a bit above the heads of the above naysayers, I think. What does one expect from a site that is entitled "weird bullshit"??? Rather discuss Star Wars at this point. Ciao.

Comment

I guess you'll find out if Hubbard was right or not soon enough.

Comment

Review the answers and see the questions. Observe the obvious. They are not intelligent by any yardstick. I may not be a member of some religions, such as Protestant faiths or Mormonism, etc., but I don't cut them down for what they believe in. Did that rub you the wrong way?

Comment

There's a vein about this that's getting interesting.
                      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Originally posted by mourgos
                        I agree with that! I was only saying if I want a real opinion on any subject, be it religion, whatever, that I would study up on it, see both sides and make up my own mind. I've seen what the principles of Scientology, when put into practice actually do for all areas of life, so for me it is an observable reality that it works well when applied well....
                        I don't find Star Wars interesting, but, this, I do. And I really don't know where to study up on this Scientology stuff, but if it's good enough for Tom Cruise, (and he does get the babes), I'm interested in learning more about it.

How do the principles of Scientology "work well" when put into practice? I'm not sure I even understand these principles.
                        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                        russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by mourgos
                          I was only saying if I want a real opinion on any subject, be it religion, whatever, that I would study up on it, see both sides and make up my own mind.
                          Funny, that's not at all what you advocated until we called you on it. Hard to make it sound like that's always been your philosophy when you read your first couple of posts on this thread.

notice too that you were the one who started slinging insults early on. Relax and argue like a grown up. I'm interested to read your response to Doc's question.

Comment

so you can cut that down too?

Comment

Thanks. I really don't want to list or preach on this thread. I suggest your local library or even go to Amazon.com and see "Scientology, Fundamentals of Thought" and "New Slant On Life" which are a collection of essays that will give you the right idea --- Amazon by the way has a feature where you can read the first few pages of a book which is a good way to investigate without buying it. Ciao.

Comment

Perhaps. Or maybe I should quit this discussion while I'm ahead. I see more an analysis of my debating skills rather than getting into what the subject is about. It's no secret that I don't like airhead critics, as they're usually based on rumor and false stories (like the story of Battlefield Earth based on Scn, regardless that they're 35 years apart) or ignoring the fact that Narconon or Applied Scholastics have helped many children and others over illiteracy and drug addiction. They may not have "become" Scientologists or even know what it is, but at least they're over their addition and can read & write. I'm preaching again, sorry. See: www.narconon.org, www.studytechnology.org just for fun. The stats are all there. Ciao.....

Comment

Working...
                                X