Where'd everybody go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where'd everybody go?

I have been strolling (yes strolling) through the archives and I noticed there used to be alot of students of Shi Goulin and Yan Ming that used to post. What Happened? What about Li Peng students there were some posts from them around the time he started teaching but nothing anymore. I'd just like to know whats going on in the part of the country. What about all the guys in houston? Shi Xing Ying and Xing Hao? ( my Girlfriend and her friend think Xing Ying is "sooo cute!") I have a feeling I should take a road trip and visit these guys.
    "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

just let your girlfriend go...lol
    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

She wouldn't she too addicted to her blog........So was there some memo that went around to all these students telling them not to come here anymore? or do they have any real students worth listening to anymore?

Comment

Doc is on the "hate" list right now. Some have suggested that it's just fallout from the Xingwei shit that has been spread by he and his few minions.

I really don't care.

Some of the other "old" gang have just moved on in life. They actually do return from time to time just to look. I still get emails from a lot of these people, just to stay in touch. Never met these people in person, but, they continue to stay in touch with me over all of these years, and all of these countries.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

there must be details to this Xing wei story that are very interesting. I can't believe that he could be that influential but I can believe people are stupid and will follow blindly without knowing the truth.

Comment

I'm still here in spirit.

Comment

How could I forget about you, Mortal. I remember when I was training @USAST there was this one kid who was really good and he had another younger friend that was really good too. This was two years ago. They were both kind of tall and skinny. I was wondering if they were still there...if you know who I am talking about by my extremely vague description. And there was this kind of hot asian girl who was a dancer. ahhh fond memories of helping the flexible asian girl stretch into a standing split................good times.

Comment

I quit in may 2001. Chances are I don't know them.

So are you a local guy? I thought you lived kind of far for some reason.

I am doing 2 demos this weekend. They will be recorded. Then I will attempt to post them. I look forward to the critism. lol From certain people.

Comment

Local as in NYC local...no...I wish....I lived there for 3 months for school.....I'm a mid-westerner....no corn or cow tipping (which btw is impossible because cows sit down to sleep, unlike horses) just concrete and exhaust fumes aka the motor city aka former murder capital of the US aka Home of Super Bowl XL aka home of Mayor Hip-hop aka one of the fattest cities in America and so on . I'm sure you have posted this elsewhere by whyd you leave SYM? I think I remember something about a hamburger....So what are you doing a demo of Wing Chun or Shaolin?

Comment

It was more then that. Much deeper. I really don't feel like getting into it all over again.

It will be my individual competition long fist. For the record I no longer train shaolin. I switched to straight up sport wushu.

Comment

!? ok....what made you make that decision? Oh and do you a female shaolin teacher in NYC? I think she taught in Staten Island...she had a "special" relationship with one of the lesser known "monks"...

Comment

If you really want to know I was broke and asked if I could pay a day late and he fined me an extra 40 dollars. So the next month came and I didn't have money on the due date because I get paid on commision and it is hard for me to budget. That, built up with all the other stuff. And there was a lot of other stuff.

I had a shaolin teacher named Sifu Hengxin. Very talented guy. And his girlfriend Arlene. I didn't here of her teaching in Staten Island. She showed me some kungfu. She was also very good.

I can honestly say I found my home with this guy www.nycwushu.com

I had three other teachers before that. I never really felt that special connection with any of them unfortunatly. I am super serious about my training and I have to know that a teacher has my best interests in mind and that he will give me the attention I need and deserve for being a devoted student who absolutly loves kungfu.

Comment

Your not actually saying that an individual who refers to himself as a "shaolin monk" is going to be that aggressive about collecting money now, are you?

We never got that persnickety with our students. Never. In fact, we didn't even charge the ones that couldn't afford it.

And I can assure you, we are not monks. Or, pretend to be monks.
                          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                          russbo.com

Comment

That's bull log na. wheres the compassion?! Well sounds like you found the right place to train. From the website it looks like a pretty good school. You sound like you really like the place. I understand the feeling.

Comment

no corn or cow tipping (which btw is impossible because..)
                              Do it when they are awake and standing up.. its more fun! Just push on one side which causes them the resist by leaning into you, then stop pushing suddenly and they tip over! Of course they tip over in your direction so you risk being buried under a half ton of beef which would be embarrassing to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                              X