Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What stories did your Master have told you about the training at Shaolin years ago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What stories did your Master have told you about the training at Shaolin years ago?

What stories does your Master have?

Master Li told me that some basics movements where done until you fade away.
    Hector Villarruel
    Guadalajara, Jalisco
    Mexico

Fade away?

I feel like I've faded away.

According to Decheng, the basics have always been important. In fact, even now, during his training sessions, the basics are always practiced. The older monks, whom I had observed many years ago, kind of foregone this, and practiced their "basics" in the forms. Which, is a good way to practice basics.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

basics are basics. sometimes they vary by style but for the most part they are what everything stems from.

theres a saying...even if u forget all your forms, and all the techniques you were taught, if u have good basics, you have good gung fu. thats why i tell people learn from a style that teaches u good basics. or more accurately one that instills what basics are and how they correlate to fighting, and why that is important..

and that has little to do with the 6 harmonies..
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

My "master" never trained at the temple but he has lots of weird stories not for sharing here.

Shi De Ru (Shawn Liu) mentioned something about having to eat bark and clay during some hard times in China. I guess thats pretty basic....what a knee slapper
        "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

I occasionally do the basics, but i do repeat the forms like 3 times at least every day, and some days i practice the forms in slow motion.

Master Li told me that he didn´t saw his parents but only one day a year!!!!. He was just a kid!!!.

An that one day he broke his leg, and the day he was recovered his Master told him to climb running to Damo cave 3 times. That's training!
          Hector Villarruel
          Guadalajara, Jalisco
          Mexico

Comment

Doc it won't let me post on many of the threads. I wanted to respond to yuor feiyue thread. I think my teacher might be interested. How many do you have total? Is there something that could be done so I can post?

Comment

Back on topic my favorite part of class is the basics. Always has been.

Comment

that section is for me only, for announcements.
                I have about, oh, five hundred pairs.... If not more. Along with a bunch of other stuff
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

ive never had feiyue shoes, i dont think they have my size, whats the biggest size u got?

Comment

47. Which is almost a 12.

Now don't tell us you have "big feet".

russbo.com

Comment

lolo i wear 13 sometimes 14, and that sucks cause ive always wanted feiyue shoes

u shoulda seen me sandal shopping in hong kong, the merchant made a motion like she wanted to chop my foot, i was like..yea im good with these sandal thank you. still wearing the sandals..right now actually! lololo

Comment

BREAKING NEWS ALERT!!!!! you got big foot, no one want to see
                        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

my foot wants to meet your face

Comment

hmmm

Now that Onesp1ng is back in the states perhaps that can be arranged. We could have a roud robin tournament Maestro, Mortal, Onesp1ng, and if you are lucky I'm might be around to put my trademarks around everybody's eye.
                            "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

Maestro is a true sentimentalist....that sadly only knows how to express himself through aggression. but if that's how you enjoy yourselves... then go fight.... and enjoy.
                              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Working...
                              X