No announcement yet.

the daily picture....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is just great advertising. 1 girl...3 hours...600yuan (app. 18 US$)

ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Where is this?

Uh, not that I intend on traveling there. Just curious. Taiwan??
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

eighteen dollars... three hours ... your not interested? I'm utterly disappointed...
        Have you been skipping church recently?

but yeah..it's taiwan

ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Just curious. What else does this truck say? I can't imagine that they're advertising what I think they're advertising, in public like that.

You don't find things that "obvious" in Las Vegas, even though it's everywhere.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Well...let's see...

The top part in red is the name of the KTV place.

The blue characters under that probably mean grand opening, though it would be literally translated as fresh start or anew beginning....which is pretty interesting. (learn something new everyday ) But I'm pretty sure it means grand opening.

Then it says, "1 girl, 3hours, 600yuan."

The red characters in the white elongated oval say, "Fruit and a small tea are serviced for free."

Under that there is the working hours: from 7pm to 6am.

I'm not sure about the first part in green. It says something like, "pretty girls like..clouds?" 美女如雲 mei3nu3ru2yun2

mei3nu3 = pretty girls
            ru2 = similar to or like
            yun2 = cloud... (you figure it out. might be a kind of 4 character idiom)

The next two parts in green say, "friendly service" and "low tips, high enjoyment"

Below that is the address. Then there are four charactrers in yellow that are to the right side, but I don't understand them. If you really want to know I can look in my dictionary.
            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

You'll come for the enjoyment. You'll come back for the low prices.
              Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

My bad...the part I don't understand consists of six characters, not four. The last one means beautiful.

Actually, the truth is that there's like one KTV for every person in Taiwan. Some are for friends, family, and so one. People love it. But just as some are for the general public, others are for, well, "other things." It depends on the KTV and it's location. There're also a lot of places coined talking bars, where you pay girls for their time while you drink. It's sexual in orientation, as you can well imagine, but they don't always offer "extra" services. I think this KTV is similar to the talking bar situation. Then again, you never know. Like in China, perfectly innocent looking massage parlors can turn into late night bordellos.
                ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

These talking bars tend to be fronts for prostitution, all over mainland China. Karaoke bars, and even dance clubs as well. It's very common. I found it to be very surprising.

russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by onesp1ng
                    Well...let's see...

...The red characters in the white elongated oval say, "Fruit and a small tea are serviced for free."
                    now, where the hell is Doc going to get an apple costume in Taiwan.

This should be a fun thread.

Don't cry for me, but this is one way I make my living.
                    Attached Files
                    "Arhat, I am your father..."
                    -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

have another.
                      Attached Files
                      -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

I don't get it what do you do?
                        "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

I produce parties, some of which have a fashion show activation embedded in them. This was for a Playboy Swimsuit fashion show.
                          -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

oh....wow thats some niiiiice fashion
                            "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

Originally posted by arhat

Don't cry for me, but this is one way I make my living.
                              Wearing bikini's and bleached blonde wigs?

Nice boobs Arhat. Impressive. Why don't you dress like that when you come to Vegas?

russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by doc
                                Why don't you dress like that when you come to Vegas?
                                I'd be a lot richer, that's for sure...heh heh heh...but after that truck ad I think we need to get fruit costumes, go to Taiwan, and get serviced for free.
                                -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Working...
                                X