X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like the one before that about the girl
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

There's nothing wrong with being lazy and worthless.

Sometimes true genius and opportunity arise during times like those.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

(I would recommend the funky mushrooms)

Comment

Is it hate or envy?

Why are great people martyred?

Their ideas are raped, and then throw to the slaughter.

Is it evil or friendly, that feeling you get.

The warm welcome it beckons you, counting each step.

Is it truth or deception?

To which you are devoted.

A facade that is stainless, but quickly eroded.

Is it purpose or vanity?

Accomplishment or calamity.

Abolishment or depravity,

I call it a modern city.

Recall a monstrosity,

Sure, i can name a few.

I found god's list of names,

And I've been looking for you.
          "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

hate or envy, evil or friendly

why see it solid?

isnt ignorance empty?

Comment

All that is empty is death

Life demands a face

One that you can look upon.
              "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

If ur nostrils werent empty

How life could breath?

Are u empty?

If ur mouth wasnt empty

How could u eat corpses and suffering?

Comment

Does the grass like to be stepped on?

Are we all not eaten in the end by microorganisms?

Is there a difference between humans and swine? Is there a difference between a slaughterhouse and a city?

Is a flower ashamed of its body odor?

Comment

Good, good, good!

In goenka vipassana tradition (free 10 days retreat in indian style), they say sadhu, sadhu, sadhu / good good good

Bhavatu sabbe mangalam

May all being be happy

Comment

Originally posted by master splinter View Post
                      Does the grass like to be stepped on?

Is a flower ashamed of its body odor?
                      I was kind of hoping that Liu might be able to answer those questions for us...
                      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Doc, my only goal is to make u happy forever, even when u will be an animal for 100000 years, so i will declare my ignorance about the feeling of plants and earth but i can quote jain sutras. They say earth as a spirit and we should be non violent with it. We also should have non violent intention towards plants. Dont say it is true but can be interesting what this ascetic discipline concentrated towards non violence has produced.

Jaina Sutras, Part I (SBE22), tr. by Hermann Jacobi, [1884], full text etext at sacred-texts.com

Earth

SECOND LESSON 2.

The (living) world is afflicted, miserable, difficult to instruct, and without discrimination. In this world full of pain, suffering by their different acts, see the benighted ones cause great pain. (1) See! there are beings individually embodied (in earth; not one all-soul). See! there are men who

p. 4
                        control themselves, (whilst others only) pretend to be houseless (i.e. monks, such as the Bauddhas, whose conduct differs not from that of householders), because one destroys this (earth-body) by bad and injurious doings, and many other beings, besides, which he hurts by means of earth, through his doing acts relating to earth. (2) About this the Revered One has taught the truth: for the sake of the splendour, honour, and glory of this life, for the sake of birth, death, and final liberation, for the removal of pain, man acts sinfully towards earth, or causes others to act so, or allows others to act so. This deprives him of happiness and perfect wisdom. About this he is informed when he has understood or heard, either from the Revered One or from the monks, the faith to be coveted. (3) There are some who, of a truth, know this (i.e. injuring) to be the bondage, the delusion, the death, the hell. For this 1 a man is longing when he destroys this (earth-body) by bad, injurious doings, and many other beings, besides, which he hurts by means of earth, through his doing acts relating to earth. Thus I say. (4)
                        As somebody may cut or strike a blind man (who cannot see the wound), as somebody may cut or strike the foot, the ankle, the knee, the thigh, the hip, the navel, the belly, the flank, the back, the bosom, the heart, the breast, the neck, the arm, the finger, the nail, the eye, the brow, the forehead, the head, as some kill (openly), as some extirpate

p. 5
                        [paragraph continues] (secretly), (thus the earth-bodies are cut, struck, and killed though their feeling is not manifest). (5)
                        He who injures these (earth-bodies) does not comprehend and renounce the sinful acts; he who does not injure these, comprehends and renounces the sinful acts. Knowing them, a wise man should not act sinfully towards earth, nor cause others to act so, nor allow others to act so. H e who knows these causes of sin relating to earth, is called a reward-knowing sage. Thus I say. (6)
                        Footnotes

3:2 After the chief tenets of Gainism with regard to soul and actions have briefly been stated in the first lesson, the six remaining lessons of the first lecture treat of the actions which injure the six classes of lives or souls. The Gainas seem to have arrived at their concept of soul, not through the search after the Self, the self-existing unchangeable principle in the ever-changing world of phenomena, but through the perception of life. For the most general Gaina term for soul is life (gîva), which is identical with self (âyâ, âtman). There are numberless lives or souls, not only embodied in animals, men, gods, hell-beings (tasa, trasa), and plants (vanassaî, vanaspati), but also in the four elements--earth, water, fire, wind. Earth, &c., regarded as the abode of lives is called earth-body, &c. These bodies are only perceptible when an infinite number of them is united in one place. The earth-lives, &c., possess only one organ, that of feeling; they have undeveloped (avyakta)intellect and feelings (vedanâ), but no limbs, &c. The doctrines about these elementary lives are laid down in Bhadrabâhu's Niryukti of our Sûtra, and are commented upon in Sîlâṅka's great commentary of it. They are very abstruse, and deal in the most minute distinctions, which baffle our comprehension.
                        4:1 Ikk’ attham. The commentators think this to be a reference to the sentence, For the sake of the splendour, &c. It would be more natural to connect it with the foregoing sentence; the meaning is, For bondage, &c., men commit violence, though they believe it to be for the happiness of this life.

Plants

FIFTH LESSON 1.

'I shall not do (acts relating to plants) after having entered the order, having recognised (the truth about these acts), and having conceived that which is free from danger (i.e. control).'
                        He who does no acts (relating to plants), has ceased from works; he who has ceased from them is called 'houseless.' (1) Quality is the whirlpool (âvatta = samsâra), and the whirlpool is quality. Looking up, down, aside, eastward, he sees colours, hearing he hears sounds; (2) longing upwards, down, aside, eastward, he becomes attached to colours and sounds. That is called the world; not guarded against it, not obeying the law (of the Tîrthakaras), relishing the qualities, conducting himself wrongly, he will wantonly live in a house (i.e. belong to the world). (3)
                        See! there are men who control themselves; others pretend only to be houseless, for one destroys this (body of a plant) by bad and injurious doings, and many other

p. 10
                        beings, besides, which he hurts by means of plants, through his doing acts relating to plants. (4) About this the Revered One has taught the truth: for the sake of the splendour, honour, and glory of this life, for the sake of birth, death, and final liberation, for the removal of pain, man acts sinfully towards plants, or causes others to act so, or allows others to act so. This deprives him of happiness and perfect wisdom. About this he is informed when he has understood, or heard from the Revered One or from the monks, the faith to be coveted. There are some who, of a truth, know this (i.e. injuring) to be the bondage, the delusion, the death, the hell. For this a man is longing when he destroys this (body of a plant) by bad and injurious doings, and many other beings, besides, which he hurts by means of plants, through his doing acts relating to plants. Thus I say. (5)
                        As the nature of this (i.e. men) is to be born and to grow old, so is the nature of that (i.e. plants) to be born and to grow old; as this has reason, so that has reason 1; as this falls sick when cut, so that falls sick when cut; as this needs food, so that needs food; as this will decay, so that will decay; as this is not eternal, so that is not eternal; as this takes increment, so that takes increment; as this is changing, so that is changing. (6) He who injures these (plants) does not comprehend and renounce the sinful

p. 11
                        acts; he who does not injure these, comprehends and renounces the sinful acts. Knowing them, a wise man should not act sinfully towards plants, nor cause others to act so, nor allow others to act so. He who knows these causes of sin relating to plants, is called a reward-knowing sage. Thus I say. (7)

Comment

OK Liu, I get it. Really.

But, I'm just wondering.

Does the grass really get pissed off when it gets stepped upon?

Does the grass mind if ants walk on it?

These things really bother me.

russbo.com

Comment

Perhaps the grass was meant to tread through. Perhaps this is why it is so resilient as a community.

I wonder what this says about herds of buffalo.

Comment

Its funny,

when the money runs out...

All of a sudden, life is filled with so much doubt.

Im at a crossroads, without any guidance, so im guessing.

At times i am the blind leader, waiting in vain for a blessing.

They say only the strong, but sometimes you see the strong die first,

The weak can only see it as a lesson learned.

In this reality, those who choose not to see,

Have the potential, to create a sea of those who cant see.

Just like a cancer,

And their excuse is to amputate me.

I step on ants sometimes, because maybe i dont care,

but maybe i would think twice if i saw them there...unless i was hungry.

Sometimes i feel like jesus or buddha, being led to the slaughter.

We only love them because theyre martyrs,

warm blooded but cold hearted.

Sometimes i have more faith in nothing, because it never fails,

A dark abyss where the deepest of my thoughts dwell.

To manifest in this dream we call reality.

Take a look, on the floor, there is a dying leaf.

Comment

Ignorance and evil arent they empty,

feeling love is to fill in a dream

where the buda is 4ever happy?

Comment

Working...
                                X