Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Parable (1)

---------->

A puffer fish was swimming along in a river as he suddenly crashed head first into a pier. He didn't know it should be him that should avoid the pier, but rather indignantly believed it was the pier that had collided with him on purpose. So, the puffer fish opened it's gills and fins, blew out it's stomach, flouted to the surface of the water and stayed there for a long long time without moving. At this moment, it so happens that an eagle came along, snatched him up quickly and devoured him that very second.

Stop. Think a while.
    ----------------
    一隻河豚在河裡游泳﹐ 突然---- 一頭撞在橋墩上。 牠不知道自己應該避開橋墩﹐
    反而十分憤怒的認為是橋墩故意撞上牠的。 於是﹐ 河豚張開了鰓和鰭﹐鼓起肚
    子在水面上漂浮著﹐ 好久好久一動也不動。 這時候﹐正好有一隻老鷹飛來﹐ 很快
    的把河豚捉住﹐ 一下子就把牠吃掉了。

停一停, 想一想 。
    ----------------
    智慧寓言, 中華民國八十九年一月初版
    Parables of Wisdom - Republic of China, Jan. 1989, First Edition
    Translation: GV
    ZhongwenMovies.com

for the fish, balance would have been to keep going, not let it bother him, and to maintain his original calmness. be mindless.
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Which is not a form of control?
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

What is this obsession with control? People who are always about being controlled usually are not in control. Does that make sense?

No really though what is this obsession?

Comment

Is this a story about xingwei?

Sounds vaguely familiar...
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

It's not obsession; it's a conversation.

On the contrary, i would say that like this puffer fish, you have to first acknowledge the anger and then look into the root of the anger. After which you may start to understand it's control over you, so that you may eventually begin to have control over it, and see it's futility.

Or else you will forever be eaten and never no why.
            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Originally posted by onesp1ng
              Which is not a form of control?
              yes a form of controlling oneself, therefore, not being controlled.
              "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

[PHP]yes a form of controlling oneself, therefore, not being controlled.[/PHP]

Not necessarily. In this case, if there was a need to change, isn't it a reaction to some outside stimuli?(You are hungry so seek out food, you see women and crave sexual satisfaction, and so on.) The puffer fish gets hurt when he is angered, for after he "looses it," he floats to the top and is instantly eaten. His anger controls him, then the Eagle controls him. He has yet to observe his behavior, his loss of control, so lives without the knowledge of why he will soon die. And because he can not foresee what will happen next, there is no reason for him to attempt to overcome his behavior, to change. He's a blind, pissed-off little fish. Now if he were able to see the outcome as we can, what would he do and why?
                Last edited by onesp1ng; 02-16-2006, 10:28 PM.
                ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

He's a blind, pissed-off little fish.
                  You want to see blind pissed off little fish? You should see mine.

I forgot to feed them for a while....

Little buggers are staring at me as I type. Cant imagine what they must be thinking. Oh, I know that this isn't relevant, but, just had to share it with everyone.
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                  russbo.com

Comment

Part two:

The eagle ****ing died because puffer fish is poisonous.

How's that for free will? The eagle chose to kill and eat the fish, and had to live with the consequences. Just not very long.
                    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Working...
                    X