Water main break causes destruction, unearths stone template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water main break causes destruction, unearths stone template

My sources tell me that a water main in Shaolin broke, wreaking havoc on some foundations, and causing some damaage to some pagodas.

More details to follow.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

The story happened on 7th,November,2005 in shaolin Temple. on 6th, November, several workers who were dugging one part of drainage/water main at east of "The Hall of Hidden Verses", suddenly, the water main broke, and a lot of water come out all of yard suddenly, so they tried to control it, after hard work, several hours later, the water was controled, but it happened that a piece of old stone tablet appeared!!!After the determination by Dengfeng Culture and history relics administration Bureau experts, they found it was from Song Dynasty, i mean 1400 years ago!

The tablet protected perfectly, and it was berried 5 meters deep, made of lime stone, and squre shape, 0.52 meters high and 0.15 meters thick.The inscription words are Xing style, and it was so clearly, easy to recoganize, together 14 lines and 182 words!

According the contents of the tablet, we know that it was done in 1124 AD, 1400 years ago, for commeration the wife of premier Song, Ms Li, who donated a lot for shaolin Temple constructions!

why the tablet was berried underground? After the experts researched found that, in 1928, 15th, March, at lunor month,Shi you san, a guy from warlord army of Feng yu xiang, was not satisfied with shaolin monks, who ever helped another warlord, so set fire. The big fire destroyed 18 main building, including shaolin Law House, Hall of Heaven King,Hall of Sakyamuni, and so on.Everywhere you can see destroyed wall and some collapsed wall hidden the stone tablet! but the real reason still need experts researching!

It's said, now in shaolin Temple still exists 236 pieces of stone tablets, 259 kinds styles, which from Tang, song , Jing,Yuan , Ming, Qing , six Dynasties!and only from Song Dynasty, together there are 11 pieces and 12 different styles!

Comment

Cool,

It'll finally solve the mystory of who ate the last of YX's donuts.
      practice wu de

Comment

did a complete translation of this ever appear?

I have always wondered why no archeaological digs were seriously conducted at Shaolin. Least, none that I am aware of.
        "Arhat, I am your father..."
        -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

You know, good point. I've wondered the same.

Either they just never got around to it, with the cultural revolution and all that, they didn't care, or, this story is all bullshit, and just another attempt by YX to try to regain World Heritage status.

Think about it. Damn, I'm jaded and cynical.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

lol...never thought of that angle, god where is my skepticism...

speaking from a historical site you would think it would be in SYX's best interest to get some international teams in there to start digging around.

supposedly there is a ton of shit buried all over the place.
            -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Well the construction crew will sure be able to dig for them. The only thing is, they'll throw the shit away because they are behind schedule for installing the first ever Siu Lum waterslide.
              Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

yeah, they are not really known for their subtlety or reverance...I could easily see Damo's fossilized footprint being used as a cast for bronze feng shui money frogs.
                -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

I was waiting for the conspiracy theories.
                  practice wu de

Comment

Working...
                  X