Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money

Hi!

I'd like to go in China during the summer but I'm wondering about money. Do you think with 3500 USD I can stay there at least three months? But EVERYTHING included in the 3500 (plane ticket, train, taxi, bus, training, food, maybe visiting places like Great Wall near Beijing, the vaccines, passport, visa, ...)???

And if I need less, then how much money do you think I should find?
    =========
    Peace out!

plane ticket is almost a thousand itself...you need to find a hotel you are staying you want to stay before then appply for a VISA, if you are a US citizen. I dont think you can stay for 3 months unless you have a certain kind of visa...usually a tourist visa is 30 days...so if you are staying for 3 months...idk...i thought you said you were going to train there?...if you are get the place you are training at to help you with this...3500 is not enough unless youare staying in some really really cheap places...quit daydreaming...the world is much different than you imagine
    "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

I guess it would depend on the cost of training and where you stay.

1 US dollar is about 8.3rmb ....so, with 3,500 dollars, you'll be a pretty rich man in China for three months. Now, being that it's your first time there, you'll most likely spend a bit more. You also need to deduct a plane ticket from your total, which will probably be close to a thousand during the summer. You have your visa cost and shots as well. That'll be around a hundred dollars or so. So now you're down to about 2,400. How much is training? I don't know.

Just so you have an idea, when I lived in China I got paid a monthly salary of 6,000rmb, about 750 dollars, and I lived veeeeery comfortably, saved for travelling and made enough to get me to Taiwan, pay for tuition, etc. But when I'm travelling I can live on practically nothing. I can find very cheap places and live comfortably because I don't need much and just enjoy the sights of the trail without the extra trappings. Some of the answers to your questions are therefore dependent upon your needs and personality, and this is especially important when travelling in a place like China. If the training was a reasonable price, I think I could do it.

A good meal is like 5rmb on up...and you can get them for 1 or 2rmb. Everything is really cheap, but can also be very expensive.

As for the tourist visa, your school will help you extend it as per your wishes.. Contact them to make sure this won't be a problem.
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Well the training, food and a little room should be around 1200 USD for the time I'll stay there. The plane ticket would be around 1400. So there's 400 dollars left... What do you think?

Thanks for your posts
        =========
        Peace out!

Comment

if food and shelter is included....it's possible, sure. Theoretically you don't really need any additional money, but why you would want to do this is another question. I suggest really experiencing China. If you are strapped for cash, well, I can understand, but I'd still try to bring a thousand or more. This way you can buy some souvenirs, tickets into a few scenic spots, etc. You can also do some travelling and stay in a semi decent hotel for one or two nights, eat out a few times, perhaps take a pretty girl (or two) out dancing, buy some wine, and so on. You're going. Don't do it from the back seat if you can avoid it.
          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Training in Shaolin has become a lot more expensive. Hotels in Beijing are becoming more like New York prices. It's not cheap anymore.

I have a pricing structure for Decheng's school. I'll get it posted soon, once I find the time.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

Working...
            X