No announcement yet.

Legitimate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fu Jow Pai means tiger ripping style and is a generic term.

So, although you did well at copying the text from wiki or wherever, the basic argument falls down.

I love how you guys are all really gobby at a computer screen.

The Royal British Legion

Bushloe End
    Wigston,
    LE18 2BA

7.30 till 9.30 monday and thursday
    10.30 till 1 saturday

Comment

arent the gobby twats always Yanks too?

Comment

Originally posted by arhat View Post
        MOOOOOOO! Moo mooo mo mooooo!!! Moo mooo mo mooo mo moooo!!
        (Father!!! Father!!! You killed my father!!! Now feel my hoof of death!)*

*translated from Water Buffalo.
        your a dick.

Comment

Gathering chi isn't just for your well being. Martial arts began some 6000 years ago in india, and there is evidence that the ancient egyptians and greeks had their own too. the sole purpose was for killing.
          another missed connection... might help to open your eyes a little wider next time.
          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

so what your saying is that gathering chi IS just for your well being.

Either that or you deliberately misconstrued what i was saying just to start another argument based on the fact that in 2003 the website for the club was crap.

OK loser, bring it on.

Comment

hahahahah... yeah i'm sure you're another real life modern killer. you and maestro should meet up. lol...

so what your saying is that gathering chi IS just for your well being.
              no, i'm saying it's silly to draw a line in the sand just to imprison oneself....
              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

The Greeks did have a form of martial arts, over two thousand years ago. It was called Pankration; basically a form of wrestling in the nude. The stance they used was supposedly similar to the Chinese kung fu horse stance.

Supposedly, when Alexander the Great swept across to India, he had some Greek mercenaries with him, the thought being that these Greeks introduced some of their martial arts skills to India. And from there, eventually some of it went to China.

I'm staying out of the qi discussion. Stuff means little to me.
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                russbo.com

Comment

you keep looking through a microscope and you'll never get it...
                  ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Originally posted by onesp1ng View Post
                    what does that even mean?

look, the basic principals of martial arts are for war.

Lets cut the crap. You are no more spiritually enlightened than the next guy. Unless you have had years, and i mean a long time, not 30 odd years, a long time, you can't be any better than anyone alive. So get down off your high horse.

Comment

Originally posted by doc View Post

Supposedly, when Alexander the Great swept across to India, he had some Greek mercenaries with him, the thought being that these Greeks introduced some of their martial arts skills to India. And from there, eventually some of it went to China.
                      The Indian tribes have been warring for milennia, they have been developing theirs for over 6000 years. I would therefore theorise (and it is only an educated guess) that the Greek wrestling came from India also.

Comment

Originally posted by onesp1ng View Post
                        hahahahah... yeah i'm sure you're another real life modern killer. you and maestro should meet up. lol...

no, i'm saying it's silly to draw a line in the sand just to imprison oneself....
                        that isnt what you said dude.

Comment

this was aimed at doc, not you. so who's on their high horse? hmm?

that isnt what you said dude.
                          as for this, yes i did. you just missed it...

again.
                          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

damn a 6 year old thread jesus, i have really grown up on this website lol i dunno if thats sad or what. i cant even remember writing what i wrote here.

i wonder what id find in the archives...

as for fu jow pai, martial arts at their core are for protection, you cant really argue that but when your talking about chinese martial arts the aim is to develope more then just combat skills.

like dao said earlier, the ego is the most important, so morals and building character are definately the most important espcially when your focusing on combat

i can understand your passionate but your just a tad to belligerent and its sad they are comparing you to me lolo, but oh well.
                            "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Originally posted by Fu Jow Pai View Post
                              The Indian tribes have been warring for milennia, they have been developing theirs for over 6000 years. I would therefore theorise (and it is only an educated guess) that the Greek wrestling came from India also.
                              Fu, without a doubt. Peoples have always committed war, and have developed their own way of doing so. The only thing I was trying to bring to light was the obvious similarity between a Greek Pankration stance, and the ma bu, the horse stance, used commonly today in Chinese and Japanese related martial arts. The GreeK Pankration stance is actually documented.

As for microscopes, if I don't see it, I don't believe it. A mantra which has helped me in all sorts of situations, from ICU's, operating rooms, Thai bars and Las Vegas strip clubs...
                              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                              russbo.com

Comment

There are plenty of martial arts frauds out there. Anyone who can write a decent bio, and anyone who has access to wikipedia can create a fraud martial art. It's very common these days to find someone who claims to teach Some kind of unknown chinese style or whatever. And it turns out, that they are just teaching some type of karate, or even self learned bullshit. And yes, believe me, some people do fall for it. Its sad.

The first thing i look at when i find a fraud teacher is their attitude. These people will always be domineering self inflated idiots who listen to no one. This to me, is all i need to see. Fraud or not. I will never call that person my teacher.

The second thing, if i am still curious, is skill. Some type of video, or picture, or anything that shows some type of skill. These frauds will not have anything to show, and will constantly talk around your asking them for evidence. they will tell you that they have nothing to prove to you etc.

Third, i look for motive. You can find this in their demeanor, they are targetting someone... who? It all depends on the sicko. This one, fu jow pai, i think is going for the women.

Long story short, the best fighters, and teachers that i have met, were also gentlemen, and very gracious people. Even people from a hard upbringing. They have manners, and are not rude, they dont degrade people, they are confident in their knowledge, and have nothing to hide. They dont act like tough guys, with their chests sticking out. Like this joker, fu jow whatever his name is.
                                "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Working...
                                X