Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life in Thailand

THAI LANGUAGE ALLEGATIONS

Allegations that tourists do not bother to learn the Thai language are bollocks says drunken British football hooligan. Andrew, an unemployed/unemployable 34 year old from Manchester explained his anger to the Patong Times, "It ain't right yer know. We come here and spend our money on birds and booze and it ain't fair that people expect us to learn the language over night. Most of the words are the same so I think I a speak Thai okay. They use the same word for beer, taxi and boom boom. I am almost fluent."
    Submitted by Steve.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

GERMAN GHOST TOWEL DRAMA

No explanation has been offered for the mysterious appearance of towels on poolside deckchairs at a Phuket hotel. Hotel trainee manager Chai Tingtong came to the pool after several members of staff became scared of the mysterious towels. "They came to me and said ghosts were putting towels on the deckchairs. They said they just appeared from nowhere! Of course I knew better than that. After all why would a ghost come out in the daytime? They normally only come out at night" The authorities have been notified and a group of Germans that were seen in the area are being sought for questioning
    Submitted by Steve
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

pretty funny... I had thai noodles last night and when i told the girl i wanted thai noodles she understood just fine.... I can speak thai too!!

Maybe they should send the germans out to find the ghosts? good idea?
      Last edited by onesp1ng; 03-18-2006, 05:52 AM.
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

A Japanese tourist died during a diving trip in Phuket on Wednesday.
        The rescue team brought the body of a Japanese tourist, provisionally named as Ekashi Akira, aged 25 to Chalong Pier to send on to Wachira Hospital. Police investigation reports that 11 Japanese tourists went out for a diving trip in the Laddawan 5 boat belonging to Kata Diving Service Company for diving lessons, northwest of Racha Yai Island. After the final dive trip, most divers got on-board but there was one diver missing, so the dive master went down to search but failed to locate him. The company then notified the Royal Thai Navy, Marine Police and the Tourist Rescue Centre at Chalong bay. After the rescue operation they found the body of Ekoshi Akira at around 4.30 pm not far from the diving site. Initial observation indicated that the diver might have been lost from the group, and the diving gear or his body got trapped in rocks until he ran out of oxygen, but it needs an autopsy to confirm the cause of death.
        They need an autopsy to see that the guy drowned. OK....

What makes this sad, is that the dive boat had four divemasters on board, for the eleven tourists. At most, three tourists for each divemaster.

How one divemaster lost track of one of his tourists is beyond me.

russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by onesp1ng
          pretty funny... I had thai noodles last night and when i told the girl i wanted thai noodles she understood just fine.... I can speak thai too!!
          Thai noodles. Beer. Tuk Tuk. Boom Boom

All less then twenty bucks. Guess we're all fluent.

russbo.com

Comment

Now that's fluency....
            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

From my new favorite website.. www.patongtimes.com please visit this site and enjoy the humor of life in Patong, Phuket Thailand.

MAMASAN GUIDE TO FARANG

Hello from Mamasan. Today I want to give my guide to farang, Many people think that all farang are rich millionaires, these people are correct. Farang can be Cheap Charlie though so I make rule to explain about farang and money.

Number 1) If a farang says he has no money then he is lying, check his bank statements and ATM cards straight away.

Number 2) Farang are very sexy but only when they spend money. If they Cheap Charlie then they no good for making sexy.

Number 3) Farang are very stupid about Asian cultures. Use this to your advantage. I normally make up pretend religious holidays so farang give me presents.

Number 4) Help farang make business. For farang to be successful in business they need an accountant and honest workers. These are people you should fire straight away as they no fun and no like to spend money on gold and Mekhong.

Number 5) Farang like to talk about themselves very much. Write down everything they tell you. You can use this information later to either access their bank accounts or steal their car.
              I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
              "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
              "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
              "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

and thaat ( re no:5) is exactly why the offer to hold those account numbers is noot only still open to Doc but why I'd do it for You too!! ... I reeally would. .. maybe I could do it for all of you??? ....

Comment

hmm...., farang meaning foreigner? Hmm... might want not to come to thailand except for the training of course.
                  http://www.blogger.com/profile/16155538

Comment

One thing to consider, is the price of things in Thailand compared to the USA. If one could setup a business there with less money, isn't that why some of our ancestors came to this country? So when do we get to buy into Russbo Doc?

Comment

Well, I wouldn't suggest buying into anything that I get involved in. But, I will say this.

russboAsia is now open on a limited basis, and all of you who won the contest last year can now come out and visit.

russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by doc

They need an autopsy to see that the guy drowned. OK....

What makes this sad, is that the dive boat had four divemasters on board, for the eleven tourists. At most, three tourists for each divemaster.

How one divemaster lost track of one of his tourists is beyond me.
                        Hell yah.. christ!! Why isn't thaat guy getting sued??.... damd rebel tourists.
                        Anyway.. I hear you guys have elephants and ... no alcohol right??... Do I remember that law being passed??...

I've been seriously considering Thailand as a sweet place to go do a life for a while myself ever since I passed through on my way home from China a couple of mths ago and came hm and caught a doco of some local life there.. and heck.. if you're going to train..thailands probably as good as anywhere.. aand they have elephants!... ..

Is there work in Thailand for foreigners?

Comment

There's work in Thailand for foreigners.

You might be able to find work in Patong. Make good money too.

russbo.com

Comment

Oh Patong? ..Uhuh. ..
                            and.. I'd probably like nothing more than to come to Thailand to see .. the elephants.. or to go to China and hang out with .. the pandas for that matter.. but with offers like those.. I think I might just pass.
                            cheers

Comment

I'm coming, just don't know when yet. This summer I'm planning to work two jobs where I'm at. Parents let me live free where I'm at, so saving as much as I can right now. When I come I want to bring someone with me.

By the way, there is a thai girl, where I work. So maybe when I come I can meet with her.

By the way, did I tell people I got my blackbelt? I was running around a suburb of chicago, in my karate gi looking for a stick 14 inches long and 5/8's.

Comment

Working...
                              X