X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Know You're Farang If...

From patongtimes.com

YOU KNOW YOU'RE FARANG IF...

Number 1) Everybody thinks you are a millionaire.

Number 2) You ever thought Singha was a good beer.

Number 3) All Asian men, women and tuk-tuk drivers want to have sex with you.

Number 4) You stop at red lights even though nobody else does.

Number 5) You ever thought about owning a bar or becoming an English teacher.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
    "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
    "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
    "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

GK, (and the rest of you who won our little contest), you are more than welcome to come out this summer. We will, of course, honor what we said we would do.

We have a small apartment, which we've converted into a gym (with living quarters upstairs that are air conditioned). Our gym is not the largest, nor it is what we've wanted to have, but, I've discussed the reasoning behind this facility before. It's actually not bad to train in, as we have professional quality weight lifting equiptment, and all the necessary Muay Thai paraphenalia. We train in gong fu and MT about two to three hours a day, from 9 to 12-1, depending upon my head and what other things we have to do. We keep the afternoons free for more important things, like movies, beach, and chasing the ladies. Scuba diving occurs occasionally (we can provide all levels of training), and other little trips are possible.

We have fun.

Got one hell of a MT instructor now. He's the only one I've trained with that doesn't run away when I smack him ("Hit me again...") He's a little monster. Got great technique, a lot of experience, and he speaks English well. The best I've trained with. Yong is here from China to teach Gong Fu. So, it's not the biggest, but, it works, and it's pretty good.

We'll honor the contest if you can get out here. We close when I leave, which will be in August I think....

doc
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Doc, I'm not to worried about it honestly. It would be neat to train in mua thai, although I don't know if I got the body for it. What I'm really interested in is energy arts, qiqong stuff, pushhands, etc, nobody seems to want to practice or I can't find someone to practice with.

I learned the seven stances of shaolin at my blackbelt test.
        http://www.blogger.com/profile/16155538

Comment

I don't have a blackblet myself but .. really ...funny as hell you should say that .. but moving on ..

I'm a little familiar with that myself and I've asked Doc before about whether or not he planned to incorporate some qigong and more internal meditative aspects ... Besides the fact that the nature of that type of instructor is to probably have other things to do ( + or aswell )bearing in mind what it actually takes an instructor to get to that point and maintain to teach orr even practice for that matter .. to really benifit and get a solid quality experience you'd reeeally have to do the entire programme there ... like a 100 day conditioning prep programme plus some climax partner contact driling or something after that.. oof which possibilities are endless... pending the number of golden skills the instructor haas, aand how hard it is to find someone'd available with time to commit to that ... ...I don't think we're going to see that there any time soon.
          and unless it's like that, I don't think he wants to sell it. ....
          or is u?
          Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 05-09-2006, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by agreenknight
            Doc, I'm not to worried about it honestly. It would be neat to train in mua thai, although I don't know if I got the body for it. What I'm really interested in is energy arts, qiqong stuff, pushhands, etc, nobody seems to want to practice or I can't find someone to practice with.

I learned the seven stances of shaolin at my blackbelt test.
            Well, when you get out here, you can teach me the "seven stances of Shaolin". I never heard of them.

As for your body, we'll build you a new one. You think yours is not suitable for MT, you should see mine. (mine isn't suitable for much these days...) We do various qi gong and tai ji also. And no doubt, we'll find you a little lady to help you with the push hands and other hand stuff.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

We can rebuild him...we have the technology...but I don't want to spend a lot of money...
              Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

climax partner contact driling
                Sounds like fun..

we'll find you a little lady to help you with the push hands and other hand stuff.
                russboasia sounds better all the time.. as long as the 'lady' is not one of those ladyboys!

So is the place in thailand going to be open again for a few months next (and every) year?

Comment

Well if your going to rebuild me I want adamantite bones and claws. Just kidding...

Maybe I will bring a few ladies..I mean training partners with me. Don't know, but I want someone to share the experience with.

From what I know the seven stances of shaolin, are the horse stance, front position, cat stance, forward leaning stance, dragon stance, leopard stance, and cross stance. Who knows, I could be wrong though. I also know the snake stance but I think that's ju-jutsu.

Comment

Bring a few ladies? That's like bringing beer to an Oktoberfest. I see we're going to have to "teach" you a few things about Thailand...

We're open. On a limited basis for a select few. We had a bunch of problems last year, that I still haven't written about, but, we have two very good coaches that speak English, for gong fu and MT. (I have access to more MT coaches if necessariy, and Master Steve will be here in three weeks to coordinate the nightly educational activities.

We'll do it "every year" for as long as we have fun with it. Quite frankly, I have no interest in making this a "business".

russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by doc
                      Master Steve will be here in three weeks to coordinate the nightly educational activities.

Look out Phuket, Here I come. Patong will never be the same.
                      The Countdown begins.
                      I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
                      "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
                      "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
                      "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Good lord. Nineteen days.

I shall warn the womens.

Oh, bring ping pong balls. We're running out.

russbo.com

Comment

Yeah, I understand. I've very selective as far as women though. Be working two jobs this summer. Thinking of opening a school myself, by day a hotel guy, by night a martial arts teacher... Then any training trips, I can call a business expense.

Comment

PING-PONG SALES RISE
                            An unusual rise in the sales of ping pong balls is taking place in Phuket and is being seen as an important part of the island's economy says local business associations. Khun Ting, a local sports retailer, explained his theory behind the rise in sales, "Most of the people that buy the ping-pongs are young ladies. I think this is because young people are more involved in sports now. It is mainly due to government initiatives that promote healthy activities and exercise. One girl I asked about the ping-pong balls told me that they even have clubs where young people gather to play ping-pong. She said most of these clubs are in Patong. I think it is great that young people are now going to Patong for sport instead of sex."
                            Steve, don't forget the ping pong balls.

They're being "dropped" everywhere...

russbo.com

Comment

they don't go for sex? that sucks...
                              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

The ping pong balls are kind of part of the sex part, oh, I won't get into it, LOL...

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X