Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I was a member on all the Martial Arts forums but happened across here today, so I joined. Only other forum I really post on though anymore is Dragons List where I moderate.

Im an engineer by trade, but my passion is in martial arts and Traditional Chiense medicine where my outlet is owning a *very* small business that makes and sells dit da jow, where I supply several herbal shops and martial arts school here in the US as well as in the UK.

Ive spent several years studying martial arts. TKD as a child, northern mantis, Northern Shaolin and White Dragon in college and while in the military. After college I moved and dabbled in MMA and xing yi before finding my present teachers. Now I train solely in Jook Lum Southern Praying Mantis and Kali, which coincidentally seem to compliment eachother nicely. I look forward to starting to teach in the next 2-3 years.

Thats a bit about me, looking forward to seeing what this forum has to offer, what I can offer it, and continuing to connect with as many martial artists as possible!

You'll witness many "personalities" here. Stick around. And welcome!!
    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

90% of these people dont know shit and most are capable of alot less, ur fixin to teach then your either good or you think your good, considering this is the internet, im going with the latter

hows that for a welcomeing
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Case.....in.....point.
        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

your a case in point, of the majority of peeps here whod rather post bullshit then actually contribute something substantial to a forum dedicated to siu lam

the only thing this forum seems to be good for anymore is people who like to talk about shaolin temple politics, doc and his adventures, and others who think they know something about gung fu and fighting but in the end would rather talk shit, because deep down in their heart of hearts they know they would puss out of a fight against a real fighter who wants to snap them in two.

people these days can say whatever they want, but 90% of gung fu students and traditional ma alike cant even handle a body builder and probably would drop dead at the site of a big angry man. not to mention a real fighter who is conditioned and skilled to put you down. and thats what u have here.

Comment

your a case in point
            Oh, snap! No he didn't!

Anyway Plum, that's Vince/Maestro. Don't worry about him, just call him a badass and he'll think he's won the argument.

Maestro, you are a HUGE badass.

Comment

You're so different from everyone, Maestro. I bow to all the knowledge you possess and the substantial information you post.... since you really do know something about gongfu and fighting, never talk shit or puss out of a fight against a real fighter, are part of the ten percent who can actually handle a body builder -- wouldn't drop dead at the sight of a big, angry man, or a real fighter that is conditioned and skilled to put you down -- and because you are truly a HUGE badass..

Please keep me in your good graces....
              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

lolo, its not about ego, its about being honest with yourself and why you train instead of being a ma guppy

if your representing a shaolin style or system, you should understand what that means, besides all the moral and ethical mess which the monks themselves could seemingly give a **** about, the real meat is what i reffered to above

Comment

The same dribble keeps coming out of you...and I understand what you're saying.. ...in regards to the monks. Though this is a
                  "shaolin" site, don't you get not everyone trains with them or even cares to? Not everyone here trains to beat up muscle builders either! lol Will the day ever come where you're just content with what you do and why you train...and stop downing others?
                  ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

NO, is the simple answer.

ask any REAL master, if u can or cannot gain the most health benefits without training for combat. and no i dont just mean training "hard" if this isnt understood its not even worth going into detail

as for the other big reason being the "art" is in my mind just as ridiculous as the first. people assume they are doing their forms good when they get a medal or something, but to me the moves arent beautiful if there isnt energy there, and if the movements are swift and fast and powerful etc

as for "training for fun" i dont even really know what that means, because its always fun.

so no, i dunno, i understand others arent commited, thats for sure, but when these same people always have an oppinion about something they dont understand, thats when i have a problem.

aswell as those which represent something which they are not, for example like i said above teaching, do u understand that in hong kong if you open a school is it inevitable that you WILL be challenged by not 1 by most likely many masters? do u understand how highly the title of sifu in relation to chinese masters is regarded?

how many sifus are there in the west?

this is my problem with these people, if they get caught up in bullshit they will quote a book(as i have in the past) or they will quote their "so called" sifus.

and about the monks, personally i could careless about them, they are not the pinnacle of shaolin, regardless, they are powerful and some of them represent shaolin very well..but thats another matter anyway..

Comment

look what you did Plumdragon! gaww!...so stupid!

I agree with you maestro. "Sifus" here in the west are "faking the funk" if you will. But remember those that speak don't know and those that know don't speak. So while there are all of these "sifus" saying their style is the best or their sifu is the grandmaster sifu sensei of all styles, the real teachers are teachering and not bothering themsleves with all the self engrandizing that goes on when the egos of "martial art" "sifu" collide.

Seriously when are we gonna fight...bitch...
                      "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

Preach preach preach... You know what is what...what is real....what they do in hong kong...what they shouldn't do in the states......preach preach....

Who are you ranting to? i don't get it. Are you talking to this new member cause he's interested in teaching.... ? Mortal? The old ladies in, yes, hong kong that have trained for fifty years and never fought? or the people suggesting they can fight on a websight, like yourself? God, snap out of it already. I'm beginning to think you can't feel good less your sitting on top a pedestal..
                        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

lol, i wasnt trying to preach, that was more like an outline of what my point was all about, i guess youd rather mock then contribute a real answer though right, lolo

Comment

I thought your questions were rhetorical, but if you need answers....

do u understand that in hong kong if you open a school is it inevitable that you WILL be challenged by not 1 by most likely many masters?
                            No, I didn't.

do u understand how highly the title of sifu in relation to chinese masters is regarded?
                            I have no idea.

how many sifus are there in the west?
                            Probably a lot.

--------------------------

If you contend that there's no possibility of you training for the purposes you personally see to be important...and stop knocking others...then you're just like all the other ego driven sifus and students I've met. There is nothing substantial I can post is such a situation..... And people "fake the funk," as tets put it, everywhere...and in every feild. Even in Hong Kong, mind you. Tets makes a valid point, and it also goes for any student of the arts.

when these same people always have an oppinion about something they dont understand, thats when i have a problem.
                            Who? Who are you talking to? Zachsan? Doc? Mortal? Arhat? Me? be more specific!!! If you are talking to this guy because he wants to teach and there are plenty of idiot "teachers" here in the US, state it. Stop generalizing.
                            this is my problem with these people, if they get caught up in bullshit they will quote a book(as i have in the past) or they will quote their "so called" sifus.
                            Who are these people? And if you have quoted a few things in your day, shut up. Or is it that you feel you have achieved a certain understanding...and now those who quote are somehow beneath you, cause they don't really understand? You know things that you didn't before; others will know more things too. Hopefully there will come a time when you're tired of this whole charade. I think it's because you have been so disenchanted with MA...and have become cynical, but perhaps later you will really start training, for you will inspire others to that next level positively, not through whining and complaining.
                            Last edited by onesp1ng; 03-31-2006, 07:54 PM.
                            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

PlumDragon, we don't like to argue here on russbo.com. If you want to draw one of us into an argument, you had better say something really controversial, like, "Thats a bit about me, looking forward to seeing what this forum has to offer, what I can offer it, and continuing to connect with as many martial artists as possible!"

Comment

Working...
                              X