Whooz Online and the Chat Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whooz Online and the Chat Room

The site wide communications service is now available. It consists of two parts, both accessible via the "Whooz Online" button on the upper right hand corner of every page in the web site. All you do is click on it.

The button will list how many people are on the site (Site) at that moment, and it will also list how many people are on the web page that you're on (Channel). If you click on it, a panel opens listing all the people and their location on the site. You are the blue "guest"; you can edit your profile and put your name in there, so your friends can identify you.

You can start a private interaction with any of the others by just clicking on their names. You can enter the chat room, by clicking on "Chat Room". The rest is pretty self-explanatory. Make sure that you read the floating blurbs in the Chat Room for further information as to how to utilize it.

You can use emoticons in the Chat Room and Hubz windows, just as you do in this discussion forum. The codes are the same. Basically, you type a colon directly before and after the word; it will be replaced by a small gif in the chat window. The following are emoticons that are available; remember, this is the format :emotion:

biggrin

blushing

charming

cheeky

frigid

confused

cool

crazy

eek

evil
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

More emoticons:

embarrassed, use : and o

frown, use : and (

goofy

lips

mad

rolleyes

shy
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

And more...

smartass

smile, use : and )

suprcool

tongue, use : and p

weep

wink, use ; and )

russbo.com

Comment

Some connection issues

Fixed some problems with the chat room, and also made it easier to log on. Now, if you edit your profile in the Hubz Whooz Online before entering the chat room, your identity will "follow" you, and you will log directly into the chat room server.

There are some firewall issues however. There are five ports which the chat room operates through, so it will attempt to find one port through your firewall to connect you. If some people are still having problems with connection issues, I can do a work around on my end, to stream the connection through the 8080 port. It's a bit complicated however, and I'd rather not attempt digging around that deeply into the server's guts to do it. Let me know if firewalls are an issue.

doc

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
        X