russbo.com Chat Rooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• russbo.com Chat Rooms

The chat room is now working. You can access it from any page via the "Whooz Online" button in the upper right hand corner (just left click on it once), or via the links from the start page of the site.

I'll have more link buttons available on the forum soon.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Chat room button

There is a link to the chat room now in the top menu of every forum / library page. Make sure you check out the new russbo banners in the chat room. Thanks to Cheye for her incredible creativity. No doubt, more entertaining ones to come.

doc
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Digichat/ VBchat chatrooms

There are two chat rooms enabled on the site. The older (and faster one), Digichat, has been linked to the Forum/Library. If you are a registered member of the Forum/Library, clicking on the Digichat link in the navigation bar above will automatically enter you into the chat room, with your current user name. If you are an unregistered guest, you will be entered into the Digichat chat room as a "guest", also automatically. A log in box will remain in a small, separate browser window for you to log in again, if you log out and desire to re-enter.

If you want to enter into the Digichat chat room under a different name, you can do so via the navigation bar above, Community Services / Digichat Rooms. This will bring you to the older access point, where you enter whatever name that you want.

VBChat is an IRC client, which is also integrated within the Forum/Library, but, because of it's refresh rate and software build, it is a slower, though very effective, chat room.

russbo.com

Comment

I've disabled the vBChat chatroom, as it was interfering with the proper functioning of the Digichat, which, works much better.

russbo.com

Comment

You now have two chat room systems available to you. You can access either one of them, via the Forum/Library navigation bar, in the Member Services dropdown link. There is a java driven Digichat system, and a vBChat system, which is php driven.

Digichat: You can access Digichat either via the Member Services link in the Forum/Library navigation bar, or, by clicking on "Chat" in the Whooz Online system. The Digichat system is by far, the more advanced one. It will automatically open with your Forum/Library user name, into a new window, which you can then keep open and use while you surf the russbo.com website, or, the internet. There are many options within, for forming your own private chat space, and so on.

vBChat: vBChat can be accessed either through the Member Services link, or, via the main Forum/Library page. In fact, there is a box on the bottom of the main Forum/Library page that will inform you as to who exactly is in the vBChat room at that time. vBChat is php driven, therefore, it suffers from "refresh" (the entire box flashes after a predetermined period of time, to show the new messages), and is therefore, not as fast as Digichat. Also, it does not pop up in its own window, so you cannot leave it open while you surf other areas of the internet (unless you open a new browser window to do so). You can create your own password protected private chat spaces within the vBChat system too.

Both systems have their advantages and disadvantages. Feel free to try both of them out. More intra-site communication facilities coming....

doc

russbo.com

Comment

There is now a new chat room feature installed. The older chat rooms have been removed.

You can access FlashChat via the Member Services or Community Services areas of the navigation bar, or, via the "Who's in the Chat Room" section on the main forum page.

This is a much better chat room system than we have had in the past. Hope you enjoy it.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
            X