Hotels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotels

should you pay in advance for rooms or go night by night?
    The only time I pay for hotel rooms in advance, is when I get them on an hourly basis.

Well, enough of that.

Chinese hotels are like all others, except sometimes the beds have more animals living in them than most. You pay for the room when you leave. You might have to leave a deposit (credit card or cash), and you will have to show your passport. The Chinese govt (like the Thai), are concerned about where you are; they also want to make sure that they don't have any sort of immigration problems, like we do in the US and Europe.

I suggest bringing ear plugs; Chinese hotels tend to be noisy and not well constructed. The disco full of prostitutes on the top floor tends to be loud, the guests next door drinking the shit that they drink tend to be noisy, and customer service won't give a rat's ass about any of it. Also bring an alarm clock, as the whole concept of "wake up call" doesn't really exist in the smaller towns (and even in some larger well known big city hotels). For the Dengfeng hotels, I bring bug spray to kill the critters in the mattress. That was a serious issue years ago in the Shaolin hotel, which, had critters that lived in the mattresses, and, bigger, more furrier critters that scampered across the floor.

God, I miss those days.

If you bring a laptop, a cable lock is a necessity. Cat 5 cable connectors is also good to have, as some hotels might have internet access, but no cables.

The hotels in Dengfeng are actually getting better, and more westernized. Along with the improvement in creature comforts are found increasing prices. Costs are now starting to rival western city hotel costs.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

The schools are not running hotels. They use their space for their students, not for itinerant travelers. However, there may be soem exceptions, though I do not know of which they might be.

You would probably be welcomed if you stayed only a day or two, which included training. "Checking out" schools in this manner probably would not be a problem. The Wushu Guan had a daily rate many years ago (it was 80 USD per day, which included food, hotel, rats, and training). You would have no problem extending your stay if you so desired.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Hai friends

Can you give me the details of some hotels which are fitted stay with cheap rates and it should be well reputed also....

visa requirements

Comment

Dude,

Do your own research.

I'm not here to support commercial adventures.

russbo.com

Comment

Take the sky as ur house and non violence for animals as ur mattres.

Maya my spanish friend told me cats kill babies for sex. Is that evil?

Comment

liu, your doing it again. every time you post.
            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Working...
            X