Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MALAYSIA AND GONG fU

Hi there,

I am now in Malaysia near Kuala Lumpur for 3 months and i'm wondering if there is some serious Gong Fu around and if yes where? Here Gong Fu seems to be disregarded by young Chinese and many do Taekwondo or even worst, Karate. They prefer football and RnB ---not their fault though.

I now study Wing Chun in London in a very good school and would like to stay in Chinese MA.

So if anyone knows about here, please let me know, any information would be welcomed.

Appart from it Malaysia is a reat country that i recommand to any traveller.
    I live in a local family so can experiment life here and well, if i could i would stay here!

Going to Bangkok soon and...Lumpinee Stadium -an old dream.

Please let me knowok?

Regards to all

Flow
    The East? The West?

Men and Women, that's all...

there are many very very good masters in malaysia..or so i hear from many sources, its what i heard in hong kong..

according to them the gung fu masters in malaysia have very high skills but alot of them teach underground..

i really dunno how to help u...espcially with WC i could name some hung ga people but.. i have no idea where they are at
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

look for anyone in a shiny suit pointing their fingers at clouds.
      "Arhat, I am your father..."
      -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

I've been to Lumpini. It's a dirty filthy place, with little guys that try to beat the shit out of each other. I love it. But don't get your hopes too high.

If you're in KL, you should stop in Phuket on the way to BKK and visit with us. Phuket is much more fun than KL.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

I've heard some about Malaysia having some good CMA... no idea where though.
          practice wu de

Comment

Malaysia is an interesting complex of "city states", or, provinces, each with their own identity, religions, etc. Each province or area submits an individual to be "king" or whatever they call it down there, to run the country, which, is a conglomerate of areas. You have a mix of Thai, Chinese, Malay, Indian, Indonesia, etc, with a mix of Buddhism, Muslim, Hindu, etc.

Interesting country, not party to any of this radical insurgency shit. At least, not yet. Finding varied martial arts down there, therefore, is possible. But I wouldn't personally know where to look.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

I read an article in one of my magazines where the author claimed that there was presnent in Malaysia many styles of Kung Fu that were more "legitimate" than in China itself! He cited the oppressive regime that was there some years back that also led to many traditional stylists fleeing to Hong Kong and Taiwan.
              Peace, favor your sword. "In these modern times many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use." Achille Marozzo, 1536 Donald Corey Pillow

Familiarity breeds Contempt

Citizens should not fear their governments; governments should fear their citizens.

There ain't a wrong way to do right or a right way to do wrong! Joe Frazier

Ignorance is Bliss

Comment

I have heard somewhere in puntjak (sp?), west java there are some teachers. As doc mentioned above with the cultural diversity, you will find that one teacher that may teach judo may also have learned kung fu too. Seek out any teacher ask them if they know any kung fu teachers and more than likely they will.

Let's also not forget about silat similar but not the same as kung-fu but just as useful with the right training.
                "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

OK, one thing though, read up a little bit on some masters in the US who trace their roots to Malaysia...

PM me and I might have someone for you to call to ask. He's out of Dallas Texas if that helps.
                  practice wu de

Comment

thx

Thanks but i'm leaving for BAngkok soon and im travelling here and there for now. However i will need this kind of contact one day if i settle here, so if you can send me his number why not.

Have problems posting don't know why.

Thanks a lot for all your answers.

Malaysia is a wonderful country for the one who knows where to go, i really recommand to anyone in the area. Check out for the wonderful Redang, also KL, Melaka, Singapore, Jungle trecking in Taman Negara -beware wild tigers, Cameron highlands....Good vibes!

Soon will see the MT in Lumpinee beating the crap out of ech other...and i will love it!

See ya

Comment

Working...
                    X