X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Destruction of Shaolin": IKF Master's Board wants action

From an email that I received:
    Dear friends,

Today so-called International Wushu Federation benefits from Kung Fu and Tai Chi styles as well as works straightaway for elimination of all the traditional styles of Kung Fu and Tai Chi. This organization (International Wushu Federation) acts upon the orders of the communist leaders diplomatically to eliminate Kung Fu in China as well as to destroy the Shaolin Monastery.

We address to all the Kung Fu and Tai Chi masters, the officials of Kung Fu and Tai Chi organizations, Kung Fu actors and international Kung Fu and Tai Chi organizations to assist us to prevent this big tragedy.

Today we welcome all the Kung Fu and Tai Chi organizations to a unity. We request the officials of all the international Kung Fu and Tai Chi organizations to support us to distribute this decleration to the other Kung Fu and Tai Chi organizations.

The Shaolin Monastery has never bowed to the communist leaders firmly and is not going to do it either.

IKF Masters Board
    Comical. Where have these people been these past few years (obviously, not reading this web site).

And what do they think they are actually going to do...
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

its a sad sad situation, but is it true? is kung fu really being targeted for destruction by the commies in china, only to be replaced by a more controlled and less threatening wushu? am i taking this in correctly?

well then, maybe the abbot's choice for promoting shaolin may provide a means to combat this? either that or aid in the destruction of shaolin.

its hard to sort the truth from the nonsense in this issue... but i am concerned, since i have alot of love for real traditional martial arts. though im not too worried, i dont think that you can just wipe kung fu off the face of the earth.
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Well, I posted this not because I wanted to bring the loss of traditional arts at Shaolin to everyone (I mentioned this years ago), but, well, I found it comical.

What they're stating to the world has been obvious for quite a few years. Why they try to do something now, is, well, kind of like discussing the virtues of virgnity with an 18 year old Las Vegas stripper. But what I find really comical, is the whole idea that they're even bothering.

As if Yongxin really cares what the world thinks of what he's doing with the whole Shaolin tradition. With the money he's made, both for the temple, and personally, and now, turning the sacred birthplace of Chinese Chan Buddhism (another lie, by the way) into a Bollywood style movie production institution, yea, this little unknown western organization that I get emails from is going to change something.

I appreciate their desire to do something, but, trying to keep the Chinese from ****ing up another one of their sacred traditions is almost as worthwhile as trying to talk sense to Blooming Lotus.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

lmao,

what a rat race indeed...
        "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

1. Who consists of the "IKF masters board"?

2. Why do we not hear of these issues in the USA??
          http://americanshaolinkungfu.org/3.html

Comment

Comment

Well, I think they mean well, so it really is not right to not support them in their noble (and delayed, futile) quest. What I've learned watching Shaolin over the years, is that if you bring things to light on a popular well watched website (such as here), they eventually "notice" and "change", LOL.... Sometimes sitting back and doing nothing accomplishes more.

Besides, its more fun.

russbo.com

Comment

I was watching this Shaolin monk performance tonight at the Hong Kong 9th Anniversary, and all I can say is, lame.

Those kids are nothing more than the ballerinas that came after them.
                Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

More emails. They get better:

The International Kung Fu Federation (IKF) decided to postpone its world event (the World Kung Fu & Tai Chi Championships 2006 in New Delhi, India) to declare its support for Shaolin Temple.

Dear Kung Fu and Tai Chi Masters, Officials of the National Olympic
                  Committees, National Sport Authorities, IOC, GAISF,
                  UN Human Rights and World Heritage UNESCO

One of the biggest sports of the world, Kung Fu and Tai Chi, has being extinguished by the International Wushu Federation (IWUF), Chinese government. The communist party desires to export the new communist ideology to the world by destructing the vital part of the Chinese cultural heritage. Thousands of Kung Fu practitioners have left China. The IWUF leaders intend to influence the Shaolin Temple as well as to destroy all the Kung Fu styles in the world. They are willing to own the traditional Kung Fu styles that existed for generations by abusing the names of these styles. The International Wushu Federation wants to show the world society that the IWUF is composed largely of all the Kung Fu styles and prove that there is no need for the existence of any other international Kung Fu and Tai Chi organizations. Therefore the IWUF destroys the heritage of the traditional Kung Fu and Tai Chi styles.

In order to prove this, it is enough to have a look at the competition routines – Taolu /Forms of the International Wushu Federation. The IWUF, that had started its competition routines with the names of 7 Kung Fu styles / forms, later increased it to 11 forms and is going to include the names of 24 Kung Fu styles, thus increasing its competition routines to 24 forms. So the IWUF's goal is to destroy all the traditional Kung Fu and Tai Chi organizations in the world.

We call the traditional Kung Fu and Tai Chi Masters and organizations for a unity. We reject the IWUF, established by the communist leaders. We ask all the traditional Kung Fu and Tai Chi practitioners to discredit the IWUF. We request the officials of the National Olympic Committees and National Sport Authorities to repudiate the IWUF, organized by a communist party. We request the officials of the International Olympic Committee not to support the organization that intends to destroy Kung Fu - the vital part of the Chinese cultural heritage. We request the officials of the GAISF not to recognize the IWUF as an international sport organization that has been established under communist ideology in order to extinguish Kung Fu. We ask the IWUF member organizations to choose the right way.

We address and ask all the social organizations and Kung Fu / Tai Chi actors to support us to protect Kung Fu.

Yours Faithfully,

IKF Masters Board

russbo.com

Comment

egads...you mean they are not virgins?!!

if it makes you feel any better we got this email too.
                    "Arhat, I am your father..."
                    -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

You have to admire them for their persistence.

[quote[The International Kung Fu Federation (IKF) decided to postpone its world event (the World Kung Fu & Tai Chi Championships 2006 in New Delhi, India) to declare its support for Shaolin Temple.

Dear Kung Fu and Tai Chi Masters, Officials of the National Olympic
                      Committees, National Sport Authorities, IOC, GAISF,
                      UN Human Rights and World Heritage UNESCO

One of the biggest sports of the world, Kung Fu and Tai Chi, has being extinguished by the International Wushu Federation (IWUF), Chinese government. The communist party desires to export the new communist ideology to the world by destructing the vital part of the Chinese cultural heritage. Thousands of Kung Fu practitioners have left China. The IWUF leaders intend to influence the Shaolin Temple as well as to destroy all the Kung Fu styles in the world. They are willing to own the traditional Kung Fu styles that existed for generations by abusing the names of these styles. The International Wushu Federation wants to show the world society that the IWUF is composed largely of all the Kung Fu styles and prove that there is no need for the existence of any other international Kung Fu and Tai Chi organizations. Therefore the IWUF destroys the heritage of the traditional Kung Fu and Tai Chi styles.

In order to prove this, it is enough to have a look at the competition routines – Taolu /Forms of the International Wushu Federation. The IWUF, that had started its competition routines with the names of 7 Kung Fu styles / forms, later increased it to 11 forms and is going to include the names of 24 Kung Fu styles, thus increasing its competition routines to 24 forms. So the IWUF's goal is to destroy all the traditional Kung Fu and Tai Chi organizations in the world.

We call the traditional Kung Fu and Tai Chi Masters and organizations for a unity. We reject the IWUF, established by the communist leaders. We ask all the traditional Kung Fu and Tai Chi practitioners to discredit the IWUF. We request the officials of the National Olympic Committees and National Sport Authorities to repudiate the IWUF, organized by a communist party. We request the officials of the International Olympic Committee not to support the organization that intends to destroy Kung Fu - the vital part of the Chinese cultural heritage. We request the officials of the GAISF not to recognize the IWUF as an international sport organization that has been established under communist ideology in order to extinguish Kung Fu. We ask the IWUF member organizations to choose the right way.

We address and ask all the social organizations and Kung Fu / Tai Chi actors to support us to protect Kung Fu.

Yours Faithfully,

IKF Masters Board
                      15.07.2006 [/quote]

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                      X