Second World Traditional Wushu Festival, Zengzhou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second World Traditional Wushu Festival, Zengzhou

The Second World Traditional Wushu Festival will be held in Zengzhou from October 15 through October 19, 2006. Emphasis will be placed on "the thesis report,physical culture and trade & tourism activities". Also, "It is said that over 2000 sportsmen and women from 60 countries and regions will take part in the festival."

There's an interesting history behind this....

A few years ago, this festival emphasized modern competitive wushu, along with all sorts of absurd dance and other festival type of activities. The comical nature of this was reported here at russbo.com, and a lot of discussion about such a festival took place. Then, the so called "final nail in the coffin" hit, with the well meaning but poorly executed PBS special, "Shaolin Ullysses", which, in my and Xing Hong's segment, the whole concept of this festival having degraded to the point of being a true circus was demonstrated.

The year later, the "First Traditional Wushu Festival" took place in Zengzhou, and it was by "invitation only".

Now, we have the "Second World Traditional.....". And it is now open to the public.

Starting to see a pattern?

We wish them well, Hope it is a good event for everyone. Just, please, leave out the dancing girls.

doc
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

the funny thing is they call it world championship.....

and then we have a lot of world champions out there,but the truth is that they give a medal to everyone.....

if there is 30 competitors the first ten have the GOLD medal,the second ten the SILVER one,and so....

these chinese are very clever.....

and about the "traditional"issue,no coments...
    son of the light

Comment

i'm quite partial to dancing girls...

There are only 10 types of people in this world.
      Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Well, so am I.

But not Dengfeng Chinese ones.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

Working...
        X