Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training in China/Hong Kong (Tai Ji)

Hello all,

I recently started a thread asking some questions about Tai chi and travel.
    Although I have not recieved any answers as of yet, I would like to ask some more questions, with a similar theme.

Is there anywhere in China or Hong Kong that is known, which teaches Tai Chi Chuan and some complete Kung Fu styles that I can arrange extensive training in.
    By extensive training I mean about 6-9 (or so) hours of training a day at a maximum of 6 days (that's 42-53 hours a week) with one day off a week and time for meals between training.

While I am extremely interested in learing Tai Chi Chuan, I am increasingly fascinated by the idea of learning some Kung Fu aswell. This is why I ask that the place you might (hopefully) reccommend teaches (atleast) 2 "complete" Kung Fu styles aswell. I'm not sure what style(s) of Kung Fu I'm looking for so hopefully you can suggest a place/some places. If there is a website for the place(s) you know of, please provide the address.

I'm open to the conditions of living standard, but I suppose what would be best is a somewhat comfortable room with access to bathroom/shower (hopefully with some privacy) and a good deal on food costs.

With regards to how long, I am hoping a school can be provided with monthy fees so I can decide if I wish to stay any longer after the first month, if I even stay that long - I guess I would just have to see how much I enjoy it.

BTW - I have studied Wing Chun before and am not purely interested in Kung Fu in a "fad" like sense. I really want to travel, get instruction from a skilled master and train extensivley. Also I am interested in Kung Fu and Tai Chi for self defense, not pretty, acrobatic movements solely for the purpose of looking good (i.e competition/modern wushu etc).

Hope you can help.

Regards.
    Last edited by Astroblade; 07-29-2006, 02:48 PM.

I think many of the shaolin schools also teach taichi along with the kungfu and I've read accounts of people who have been there that opted to do only taichi.

Have a look at dechengs place..

Lots of other schools mentioned here as well..

Comment

You're not going to get much good Tai Ji in Shaolin. Some of the guys there know some stuff, but, it's not the best place for it. Chen village, where Chen Tai Ji started, is the place to go. Can't remember where it is, nor do I have any contacts there, so I can't help you with that. I can try to get more information on it though, as I have a good friend who was going to train there for six months.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by doc
        You're not going to get much good Tai Ji in Shaolin. Some of the guys there know some stuff, but, it's not the best place for it. Chen village, where Chen Tai Ji started, is the place to go. Can't remember where it is, nor do I have any contacts there, so I can't help you with that. I can try to get more information on it though, as I have a good friend who was going to train there for six months.
        Hi Doc

I'm new around here and i just want to first off say - cool forum!. secondly... i found a site for training at the chen village but it's in chinese. So i have to ask, Did your friend go? If so i have many more questions! I'm desperatley wanting to go to china in 2007 but having trouble finding somewhere recommended by all.

please help!

There are only 10 types of people in this world.
        Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

check out http://www.chenvillage.com/, http://www.tjqxx.com/ and http://www.chenjiagou.net/ (both in chinese... can anyone translate?).

There are only 10 types of people in this world.
          Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

it's not going to be as easy as Shaolin to get to (not far from it though), and I don't think that you're going to find a lot of foreigners there. I'll see what I can find from my contacts.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Deepthroat got back to me. This is his reply:

I checked several websides about the Chenjiagou Taiji village, they are many schools , i compared and choosed several for you, you can compare:

Chenjiagou wushu yuan: www.chengou.com tel:0391-6416666
              which is famours for competitions, got the gold metel numbers is first in all taiji school, but no relevent tuitions, i will call them to make sure.

wangxian quanfa reseraching association
              which created by the famous guy, named wangxian, one of four famours taiji masters( chenxiaolei,chenxiaowang,wangxian,zhutiancai)
              www.wangxian.cn/yjh.htm tel:0391---3339877

chenzhenlei wushuguan
              www.cstiq.com
              www.chenstaiji.com/contactus.htm tuitions: $320/4months school in Hongkong, tel:90188365

chenjiagou taiji school
              which was created by chenxiaowang
              www.tjqxx.com tel:0391-6416456
              class: regular class: 3---8 years tuitions:6600--17600 RMB
              sanda class:3 years 9000RMB
              gym class: 1---6 months 400---2400 RMB
              short class: 1 month 400
              accomondation fees: domitory(6 person share one)220/year 40/month
              single room:120/month standard room: 1200/month

if need more information, just let me know...

russbo.com

Comment

Two more: www.chenjiagou.net www.chengou.com

One of my contacts in Beijing is available to help you out. If you are seriously interested, contact me by email.

russbo.com

Comment

Hey astroblade

I have the same intent you do

finding a good place in china to train in taiji

I plan to go this upcoming winter maybe even wait till spring because of the weather. I plan to go for between 8 months to year and I am desperatly searching for a good school hopefully cheap (kinda on a budget) so please let me know of any progress
                  thanx

Comment

Do NOT go in the winter. These places usually do not have indoor training facilities. And it's damn cold. Read this website, there's lots of info buried throughout. I'll ask my guys to try to get more info on these two schools

russbo.com

Comment

if you're specific about what you want translated, info you seek, etc. i can do it for you. but i don't want to summarize an entire website...
                      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

btw, there's also some very good taiji teachers in taipei. i know most people have a "need" to go to china, but you might want to have a look. besides, taiwan is a part of china. (hahaha) you'll have better accomodations, and professional mandarin instruction in available at many places scattered throughout the city....
                        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Could you give some more ifo on the schools in taipei(for taiji, qi gong and mandarin)?

By the way Does anyone ahve any experience or info on the WTKFA (Wudand Taoist Kung Fu Academy)?

I have found a link to there site here in the forum, tried to search here for it with no luck except some guy who planned to go there.

Comment

That place sounds interesting but also sounds like they suck the money right out of you. If money is not an issue I would do it but that's not the case is it.

Doc and Onesp1ng seemingly have the connections to hook you up. I'd go with their suggestions if I were in your shoes.
                            "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

Working...
                            X