Discipleships for sale??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discipleships for sale??

My contacts have told me that Yongxin continues to "sell", as they have put it, discipleships. Well, maybe they're being a little too cynical. But, I have mentioned this in the past; when Yongxin became abbot, two things happened with respect to his position. One, all "monks" with the "Yong" generation name, had to move down a level; only Yongxin could be a "Yong" generation "monk". Two, many of the "monks" who left the temple to open their own schools, advertised that they were "disciples" of Yongxin. In my opinion, it was a kow tow maneuver that granted them the peace and quite to move forward with their business.

Other maneuvers by Yongxin, that had apparent and not so apparent commercial applications, have been discussed in other threads.

What follows, from two of my contacts in the Shaolin area, is pretty impressive, on Yongxin's part.

Put the numbers together. Think of the dollars....
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

I'm waiting to buy one on ebay..

Comment

500 American Shaolin Monks

On 4th,July, 500 American shaolin "Diciples", who all from the Alliance of American Shaolin Boxing Fa, are pilgrimageing in raining in Songshan shaolin temple!

Early in the morning, all guys weraing black kungfu uniforms, with the sign of "shaolin boxing Fa" in Chinese ,wait in the square in front of Moutain Gate of the shaolin temple, requesting the pleasure of yong xin 's company.They are from 30 different states of US,the yongest one is only 5 years old, while the oldest one is 62 years old.

At 09:20, accompany with American kungfu masters, shaolin disciples Yandi and Yan Deng, shiyongxin, the abbot of shaolin temple,walked in a leisurely out of the gate, and all 500 American disciples kowtow to yongxin by China Buhhda ceremoney.

yongxin made a speech, first wecome all guys. He said , shaolin temple is the birthplace of China's Buhhda of Chan-sect and kungfu. for all 500 guys came here, not only can know Eastern tranditional living styles and also have chance to enlight the marrow of shaolin kungfu.

shiyongxin praised YAN DI and Yan deng, for they two did the contributions for develop the shaolin culture, and he hopes all disciples can make a good conbination weatern cultures and China cultures, and make a contribution for human-beings peace and hapiness.

Yandeng and yandi representtive s all guys showing the respects for shaolin culture and made a dessision for populizing the shaolin culture.

After the ceremoney, all american demonstated the shaolin Double Dao, snake boxing, self-defence boxing , and fighting , some china wushu, and as rewards, yongxin also aked 18 shaolin fighting monks to pass on the skills of shaolin wushu.

it's said, all 500 guys will stay in shaolin three days and learning wushu and chan, after that yong xin will reward /issue the traning certificates for them.

it's said, the Alliance of american shaolin boxing " first created in 1975, which is the biggest of non-government wushu orgnization, and own around 130 wushu Guan all of the US, and now there are over 40,000 members in schools but registered ones over 200,000! They come from different of the jobs, such as students , teachers, businissman, doctors, lawyers, generals, movie stars, politians....

in 1997,july first, the headmaster of the association, named steven.dermask visited shaolin temple forst time, and was deeply moved by shaolin great culture, so afetr back US, leading the students many times making a visting shaolin and learning .

2002, steven.dermask and Charls.metla formed the disciples of shaolin and got the Buhhda names Yandi and YAN Deng seperatly.

it's said now in whole american , the shaolin temple diciples over one million!
      Attached Files

Comment

mor pictures
        Attached Files

Comment

I think it is necessary to name Yong Xin the sales manager and the big manager. In Russia the church has business of oil and trades in the humanitarian second hand from America. Shaolin goes on a way of commerce. It is an attribute of full dying of sanctity. Very soon clever people will search for true kung-fu in other place. And it will be correct.

Comment

I'd say there goes the neighborhood but it seems to have gone already.
            "Arhat, I am your father..."
            -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

shaolin monks generate so much positive movements!!

ontop of that they have the best gung fu in the world!!!! who wouldnt want to be under a generational monk!!
              "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Well, there are a few things that make this all very interesting.

First, you might want to start by reading their promotional material, which I found on their website. It brings up some interesting points.

For one, the price. $4500 for what is basically a seven to eight day trip in China, is, at least in my opinion, a bit much, having been to the country quite extensively, at least sixteen times, over the past ten years. But, then again, training in Shaolin for a day and a half to learn some bullshit basic form must be worth a few grand to some. From looking at the itinerary, and considering the costs of chartering a plane and doubling up people in hotel rooms, with food and other transportation costs, I figure that the cost per person can't be more than $2500. Well, what was there, 500 people according to the news article? Think of the profit potential. Think of where that money might have gone.

And the only thing Yongxin's star disciples got were little statues. Oh, and some apparent hero worship.

Two, being a professor is usually and typically and customarily reserved for PHD's and MD's. I was merely an assistant professor (of Critical Care and Surgery) when I was teaching at SUNY Upstate Medical Center, and, merely an assistant professor (of Medicine and Surgery) at the University of Nevada Medical School. Becoming a professor is something that takes many years, and many publications, after you finish quite a few years of post graduate work. Uh, post graduate work, like in, after college. Interesting use of the title.

Third, Xinhua, which was noted on one of the photographs, is one of China's largest governmental news agencies. I find this interesting, because, here in Thailand, ever once in a great while, there is a news article or just a photo, from Xinhua, in the Thai news. Apparently, Xinhua is being used to promote and market the whole Yongxin Shaolin machine. I wonder what kind of contacts, or connections, the old boy has with the government news agencies. We do know that he has a marketing department, based in Zengzhou, who's main activity seems to be the promotion of the Shaolin monster that he's created. I get the impression that the Shaolin marketing machine now includes the governmental news agencies. Interesting advance here.
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                russbo.com

Comment

For Doc

In addition to Doc's last post....
                  see attached.
                  Attached Files
                  I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
                  "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
                  "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
                  "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Where I can see a price a leaf on services a Shaolin?

Comment

Working...
                    X