Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More future updates

Well, I'm back.

Six months in Thailand, two weeks on a medical mission to some poor areas of Cebu, Philippines (during which I got very ill; another story another time), and I'm back in the US.

Which means, time to update the forums. Oh, and the web site.

The next four weeks will find me using good internet access, to alter, improve, and change a lot of things here. Please be patient as the site evolves. Sorry for any inconvenience this might cause.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Welcome back my friend.

Comment

The site will disappear from time to time over the next few weeks, as I completely revamp the navigation system, and rewrite parts of the main site. The forums will remain online as they are on a different server; you can access them directly at this link: http://www.russbo.org/vb/index.php

The new site will be more searchable not only by you but by google, and will be more "user friendly".

If anyone wishes to contribute material relating to our subject matter, I would be more than happy to host / maintain it for you, with proper credits going to the author. Just let me know.

Oh, happy Thanksgiving.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

The russbopedia is back online. I have reinstalled it.

We lost it back in April, after our April Fools marathon, when the site got hacked and destroyed. The probable culprit as evidence by the server logs, was somewhere in the Shanghai area of China {a television station, no less; feel free to make your own "connections"). The database for the wikipedia at that time, though not extensive by any means, as we only had a little over 60 articles, was lost. I have a sql backup, but I am unable to restore it to this newer version.

Feel free to log in and start playing. If anyone wants to help set this new version up, please contact me. I'm really kind of tied up redoing the entire web site at the moment.

You can find the new russbopedia here: http://russbo.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

I will update the various site links soon.

russbo.com

Comment

Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving, Doc. Tell me, are you gonna be in town for Christmas?
          Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

I will be in town for Christmas. Feel free to contact me. I wasn't going to have a Merry Monkmas this year (the last one was interesting, to say the least, and I'm in no rush to do that again), but I wouldn't mind playing host to the various denizens that inhabit this site who visit Vegas.

russbo.com

Comment

Ah, well I was thinking of stopping by, my family was planning on a vacation in Vegas, but there's a problem with the timeshare stuff, so I don't think I'll be able to make it. Someday, we will meet...and fight to the finish

lmao

Comment

I am losing sleep just thinking about it.

You know, your timeshare problems.

russbo.com

Comment

You know, The Underworld can make a lot selling timeshares. They really are deals from hell.

Comment

The main part of the website has just been updated, with a new navigation structure. I'm not sure if it all works correctly just yet, as the site is pretty big. But, if you start at www.russbo.com and work your way in, you'll see the new layout.

The frames have been removed from the side and top of the page, to give you more viewing space, and to allow the forum and photo library to have more visible room. I hope that this new setup works well for you. Please let me know if you find any problems in your travels.

russbo.com

Comment

There will be some major upgrading of the site over the next two weeks.

The Photo Library, the Forum / Library, and the Classifieds section will all be rebuilt, upgraded, and redesigned. These sections will have new features.

These aspects of russbo.com will be unavailable from time to time as I get all of this work done.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

doc

russbo.com

Comment

The upgrades to the Forum / Library, Photo Library and Classifieds section has been completed.

However, I still have to finish adding and upgrading all the different features to this forum. For a while, you'll find that some of the links in the navigation bar above will not work due to the fact that the hacks I installed years ago do not work with this new version of VBulletin.

It should take me a few weeks to get everything up and running, with some new features. Sorry for the inconvenience.

russbo.com

Comment

The main site is going to be rebuilt, again. I'm having trouble with the ISP host again. Despite the fact that we are currently on a dedicated server, they're having trouble maintaining the MYSQL database servers. So, we move, again.

This gives me an opportunity to advance the software technology again, and redesign the site. The main russbo.com site will remain fairly unfunctional until further notice.

russbo.com

Comment

I'd recommend getting a dedicated server (I'm guessing a p4 is enough) from theplanet..

You'll have to manage mysql yourself but it's easy enough.

Comment

Got it back up again.

These things can be work...

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X