Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can you just move to a monestary and live and train there for free?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you just move to a monestary and live and train there for free?

hey doc,

i was just wondering since you have alot of experience in this field,

can i just move to a shaolin temple and live and train there? if so could i bring my family?
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!~ (infinite exclamation points)

Comment

^ HAHAHAHAHA
      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

of course. bring the whole family. don't forget the pets either..
        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Bring the pets.

The people in the village are hungry.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

i was serious...
            "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

you guys are assholes, lmao .

Comment

The answer to your original question, is, I don't know.

Historically, like in the past ten years, the answer was no. And you wouldn't want to. It's a tourist facility now. Even the monks don't live there in great numbers anymore.

But, I'm sure that Yongxin, in his ever expanding business wizardry, is finding ways to have students "live in the temple as monks". I don't know if they have the room, but, I'm sure that this is, or will be, something that he will look into. Currently, as I've discussed years ago, there are plans to expand the wushu guan hotel and training center, and, as I've mentioned years ago, Yongxin is building a Disneyland type center, with hotels, restaurants, etc, directly outside the temple area proper. The goal, or at least one of them, is to take advantage of the increasing desire of foreigners to learn gong fu, and, of course, to take their money.

Don't bring your pet. It will more than likely be eaten.

Don't bring your girlfriend. She'll leave you.

Don't bring your mother. She'll leave you too.

Do bring BL. Hopefully she'll leave you, and us.

And yes, I am an asshole.

Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                russbo.com

Comment

Come on, Splint. Don't tell me the idea of "infinite exclaimation points" doesn't amuse you.

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA! Just thinking about the concept makes my bowels shake as if they were full of jelly.
                  Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

lmao, i didnt see that one.

btw, if you guys werent assholes, i wouldnt be so comfortable here.

Comment

If you want to practise kung fu, you won't find any place they will teach you for free. But if you want to live in an ordinary temple, you can do so for free if you help out with the daily work. Mind you that they don't practise kung fu at ordinary temples in China, though. But ofc you can do it in your free time. Most buddhists have a great respect for those who practise some kind of kung fu.

Comment

If you want to live and train like a monk, do it on your own terms. I would be very wary of subjecting yourself to someone elses control. Look for some kind of job/self-employment which allows you the time and money to train when,where and with whom you choose. It certainly is a tough balance, but it is possible. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                        X