Clear All

• Learn Taijiquan in China

Hey guys I'm new to this site so first of all Hello to all of you

I was wondering if you could help me out
    I am planning a trip to china for between 8 months to a year
    I would like to learn taijiquan and qi gong in china
    I want some very intensive training, around 6-8 hours a day
    I would also like to learn mandarin
    The problem is there are alot of schools out there that mainly teach shaolin kung fu and wushu not taiji and wanted to know if any of you guy know of any GOOD schools that teach taijiquan seriously and mandarin in china and if you have any personal experience in any of these schools or know anyone I could talk to about this subject

Thanks

PS

PS

I am not a hippie!!!

Comment

Hi Joe, welcome to the gang.

There is a very current thread about this going on at http://www.russbo.org/vb/showthread.php?t=2828

I think you'll find some very relevent information there. Let me know if I can be of any assistance, and good luck with your training.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

I am planning to leave for china in about 2-4 months and I was curious about that decheng school I saw the page about the daily prices and mandarin lessons I wanted to know if they had a (cheaper) monthly rate and more about what they teach there and if they have a website or someplace to get more info on what goes on there such as daily routine when the mandarin lessons are available if they teach writing or not hot water in the showers heat and an indoor training area in the winter and if they have free internet access for the students if there are english speaking sifus. Things like that

Comment

Well, a few things.

You can forget about reliable Mandarin lessons in any of these schools. It all depends upon what "translator" they have at the time. Translators vary in duration of employment, and quality. One month they might have a decent one with no teaching skills, another month, some other moron might show up who barely knows English. Forget this issue.

We can negotiate longer term pricing. I'll have to work on that for you.

The website is as reliable and as informative as the translators. You'll get your best information here.

They teach traditional and contemporary gong fu. As a foreigner, for two months, expect the basics, and a few traditional forms.

There is hot water in Decheng's schools. If you want to call a hose on the wall a shower. You're going to train, not to look pretty. It's part of the experience.

There is local internet access in Dengfeng that is very very cheap. Many places. Not an issue.

Indoor training? LOL. Start reading in this website. You have a lot of researching to do. It's all in here. Use the Site Map to guide your reading.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

Working...
          X