Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xinjia Yi Lu Vs Laojia Yi Lu

Wow, so confused. where to begin...

Ok so I'm training in Xinjia Yi Lu Tai Chi Chuan (new frame part 1). I've not got so far as Er Lu (cannon fist). I've read a few interviews with Chen descendants and all, without fail, suggest that Laojia Yi Lu Chi Chuan (old frame part 1) is the form with which to begin.

So as i understand it Xinjia was brought to chen village by chen fake who had done some travelling. His form is supposedly a better fighting form as it includes many jumps and kicks plus corrects one or two "vulnerabilities" in the old frame. He thought it was aimed at a younger audience. I'm 33. That's younger (ish).

Now i believe my coach comes from the Shaolin temple. Genuine.

But really who can be sure... They stopped lifting that boiling vat with the wrists a while back... Basically i have confidence in him.

Anyway, we skipped Laojia. Started straight on XinJia. He thinks that's how it should be done. I think it's because he comes from a more fighting orientated background... dudes big into San Hou.

So finally, my friggin question. How bad can it be to first learn Xinjia Yi Lu?

There are only 10 types of people in this world.
    Those that understand binary and those that don't.

forms are forms dude, unless its incredibly internal set it doesnt matter what skill level your currently at. if your teacher is makeing you do it then you should do it

but forms are just forms, they mean very very little if your basics arent strong enough and there arent many sets that are "advanced" anyone can do most any set, its the skill of the practitioner that understands the techniques and himself that make the set "advanced" etc

and if your coach is into san shou i would try and get into that more then anything and start fighting right away without the gay shin pads and what not

then youll get a taste of what fighting can be like
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

gay shin pads?

dude, you so hard. and your virtue is so strong. i wanna be like you when i grow up.

Comment

lolo, travel to china just to take it easy then eh?

listen, ive never used shin pads while sparring full contact, sorry if that is considered being egotistical, its just the way i was trained

then again it never bothered me since i started out with mma early on

but if shin pads and chest protectors are your thing go for it dude, youll be a killer in no time
        "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

actually i was ripping you about the "gay" comment. though i do appreciate your comments on form vs form. that's kinda where my head was at. it's always nice if you someone agrees with you when you see the world as round.

Comment

I am really delighted with the service provided by signnow.com/features/signnow-integrations-and-api​. It can do my assignment better than any other platform. No cons at all!​

Comment

There are many different types of databases available nowadays. Such as https://www.airslate.com/bots/office-365-excel​. With this software, you easily operate texts, numbers, formulas, etc.​

Comment

I was just browsing through the internet looking for some information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Bookmarked this page, will come back for more.​ ร้านกาแฟอุบล

Comment

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

My website:sports betting

Comment

Working...
                  X