No announcement yet.

Shi De Jian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed!...but I may have swung this thread off it's general direction... any further information on Dejian folks? Aside from his rooftop japes and beautifully executed forms would this fella be considered a tough cookie? Shaolin myths aside I have noticed these guys are really, really fast...the 'TKD vs the 'shaolin guy' vid (which I'm sure has happily been discussed on this forum, showed some pretty quick moves if anything.

Comment

I seen a documentary recently on Dejian and he seems like the real deal. He practices shaolin medicine which he uses to help the locals for no cost. "His disciples need to bear walk all the supplies in over sketchy stone pathways every day, just like the old chop wood, carry water tales of old Shaolin."

Comment

Originally posted by norfbech View Post
        Indeed!...but I may have swung this thread off it's general direction... any further information on Dejian folks? Aside from his rooftop japes and beautifully executed forms would this fella be considered a tough cookie? Shaolin myths aside I have noticed these guys are really, really fast...the 'TKD vs the 'shaolin guy' vid (which I'm sure has happily been discussed on this forum, showed some pretty quick moves if anything.
        http://www.shideyang.com/ for documentaries

Comment

found a much better video. this guy is crazy!!! I am terrified of heights... Although he does seem to be living the perfect life. Still, my legs would turn to Jello on that ledge.

Comment

yeh de jian, he comes off wierder then any of the other monks. i dont know if he does that stuff as a part of his styles requirements or if he thinks hes gained some ultimate level or for his focus i have no idea. i do think he comes off kinda more of a fighter then the others only because is portrayed as working hard on his skills and yknow going the extra mile whereas the others are just yknow doin their thing, not that they arent good its just the way it seems to me

sadly a white belt in bjj could probably choke him out if they could take the punishemnt coming in but he still gets lots of respect from me id train with him.
            "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

ah i was wondering where the video went. Sorry Doc i didn't realize you had an entire thread about him. Didn't know much about him other than him training on a ledge.. came across this video last night, gave me chills just thinking about trying that. Yes, I have an extreme fear of heights.. that, and spiders haha

Comment

Well, I"m sure that this guy is skilled. But as for being smart, I have my reservations.

I've always lived my life, and practiced medicine, according to the "risk vs benefit" analysis. Let's see, the risks of practicing gong fu on a Chinese made stone wall on the edge of a hundred foot cliff, hmmm, with even just a very small less than one percent chance of a stone breaking off, slipping, good wind, or just lost balance, the result is not pretty. It's over.

The benefit: looking cool.

So, looking cool versus a chance of dying. And if that chance of dying occurs, all the looking cool stuff is just not worth it.

Impression: All very stupid.

How many times have I seen this sort of behavior before...
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                russbo.com

Comment

I agree, Just like sitting on the edge of a roof on top of a building, or a cliff after mountain climbing. It's just not worth the risk, not matter how "cool" it is. I don't care how skilled I become in gongfu, you will never see me doing forms on the edge of a cliff I can assure you.

Comment

a chinese made stone wall lolo. i remember when i was younger me and a friend of mine were watching iron monkey when it first came out here from quinton tarantino and were watchin it and his dad walks in and saw donnie yen fighting the eagle claw girl and their tearin up wood and shit and he goes geez the wood in china sucks lolo.

i guess that means if i visit las vegas asking you to go sky diving with me is out of the question lol
                    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Uh, yes. I don't do anything anymore if there isn't a reliable back up mechanism, preferably two or more.

It's what happens when you have a family.
                      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                      russbo.com

Comment

We have a site for sports games. You must be interested. OKBet

Comment

Working...
                        X