Shaolin monks and marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onesp1ng View Post
    so you can read sanskrit, pali, as well as other versions?

It's funny that particularly yourself should ask.

If you remember, maybe 4 yrs ago when you were explaining your degree to me, you told me that sanskrit was a 'really pretty' language, and I didn't know what it was.

It was exactly that that led me to explore it, so, in doing that I came across the vinya and loads of different versions, in virtue of each language it's found in, seems to express slightly differently, and yet all the while being the exact same equation of elements but culturally adapted by the hermeneutic parameters of the language.

It doesn't seem that all of those are available online anymore. Maybe I need to follow a different search path( ).

If a monk is only a monk whilst living in a temple, and takes lay vows when not, is the monk ever really not a monk? I just think that you can take the monk out of the temple, but you can't take the temple out of the monk. ..or the disciple as the case may be.

I also think that it serves an example. I believe that it is the entire point of leaving the temple in the first place, and so to do that a mahayana buddhist might like to offer practical means, of which the entire gammit thereto is available for ppl to choose to incorporate themselves. monkey see monkey do isn't so irrelevant and far fetched of a technique when it makes good sense to. I would definately follow something I could logistically see to be a good example, and have spent agonising moments looking around the world for one. I dont think there's one for me, that aside atm though. that iis what led me to the principal surrounding it, because I already am a mummy, and being a single one at that, how to do ideally do sex and parenting in buddhas books, do you think? he certainly doesn't advocate ceasing procration of the human species .

I think it took buddhism and transformational buddha on the initial brahmin tenets and behaviour( as the parent preist caste of the previous era) that shakyamuni was so alledgedly scholastically and osmotically familiar with to arrive at what he did at all. he was a supposedly parent , with a wife and a mistress btw, and also reputedly heavily influenced by his parent's vedismitic logic before he ever arrived at that bodhitree and arrived at celibacy in lieu. by advocating celibacy, what do you think he was saying about the parent he was and the circumstances surrounding that?

that he travelled and preached for impact offering the lay world buddhism for theeir use, doesnt go in hand with that he didn't have us covered for wholesome relations that resulted in baby making.
    Surely, we wouldn't be suggesting that he said that making babies or being lay is unwholesome?? and to become wholesome we should stop babies occuring in the world? I dont think so, somehow.

I only hear of that, circumstance and rules to do it by and not and nothing else. period. that's how I read that, and because I also see a monk's communion as a life time surrenderance by virtue of itself, like marraige never wasn't marraige even after divorce .. that's my math on it. you can't take it back. it was done and is a 'for all intents and purposes' permanent reactant with everything else thereafter.

Blooming tianshi lotus.

Comment

If you remember, maybe 4 yrs ago when you were explaining your degree to me, you told me that sanskrit was a 'really pretty' language, and I didn't know what it was.
      i think you have either confused me with someone else...or have, for whatever reason, substituted sanskrit for the languages of sri lanka, which is the place and language (specifically singhalese) that we discussed. in fact, if you have installed the needed language components onto your computer, there is some singhalese script that should appear in the sig line of my posts. this is the language, the"pretty language" i mentioned, known also as sinhala, that i have always wanted to learn, not sanskrit.

nevertheless, say i wanted to read the buddhist canonical texts, as well as the vedas, in their original language. where would i start?
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

nope. I think I actually do remember who you are, lo and behold. I'm actually only online because I'm researching myself, ( @) biochem and genetics :/.. ) , but G,... it really was sanskrit that you said was the pretty language. it might even have been pali at a seeerious stretch of benefit of doubt.

anyway, you are the 'old world language' expert, so maybe I should ask you that question; except that I think emptiness is the oldest language and I already speak and understand that one. alternatively,
        'love' would work also. really on that one. I think we might have discussed that already.

Just like qigong progressions though, I think you can start anywhere and there will be a harmonic pathway to the same place. anywhere is okay, and to really understand properly, aaany sequence to pass through all the jings is okay for any particular gong of it. altogether it all ads up the same anyway.

It's all finding a gap and bouncing and guaging and balancing levers and fulcrums and whole equations, though isn't it. it 's all the same thing if you can fill in the blanks.

I dont install that software. all I can see at the bottom of your post is a series of little boxes that say 'get it?'

to be honest though, I dont think we can really understand language without understanding genetic anthropology and geographic history of geneology and geneological development, which vedism in any expression will spell out regardless, and imo, iis it's entire synopsis in a nutshell. emptiness is the same thing in rvs genesis.

Do I remember you mentioning an interest in hebrew?? for something more tangibley practical and complimentary, of course that would also be one 4 or 5 ( or rather 7 and 1 or 1 and 1 and 3 and 2 and 1) very good places to start .
        none of it is exactly unambiguously natured en ratio though, and I'm not going to do your homework for you, having my own to do, but good luck to you, G. more qi. amitabah. oh, if you want to tell mee a story about it all sometime, I might be open to that too .
        I've been getting over to that neck of the woods myself a bit, as it goes. It's a lonng long story. genetic historical developmental comparisons and bio-instrumentation. that's what I'm looking at. somethings, are just hard not to notice. vedically relative. go figure.

Blooming tianshi lotus.
        Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 04-29-2008, 10:01 AM.

Comment

i would have never said that about sanskrit. you are misquoting me. again. additionally, is it possible that, four years ago, you really didn't know what sanskrit was...? how old are you?

so you didn't know what it was, but are now able to not only read and understand it, you can also compare sanskrit to pali and other scripts? surely, this is amazing.

you are the 'old world language' expert, so maybe I should ask you that question; except that I think emptiness is the oldest language and I already speak and understand that one.

you didn't answer my question.

now, as a translator of Mandarin, if asked, yes, i should be capable of giving pointers to others on how to begin reading the daodejing and other such classics in Mandarin. that doesn't mean the same ability applies to all "old world" languages. moreover, i have an interest in languages -- am fluent in Mandarin -- but am not an expert. i can read the classics in Mandarin, but sometimes it takes a lot of work. there are different grammatical usages, vocabulary, and even the appearence of specific characters that just aren't in common circulation anymore...

could it be you are actually telling me... that you have read some of the translated versions of the sanskrit and pali texts? and that you haven't actually read the sanskrit and pali texts themselves, per se...?

ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Unless someone else is using your account these days, you now I turned 33 a cpl of weeks ago.

what's that got to do with anything relative to our conversation? I had no idea you were so egotistically snotty . I dont remember that about you.

Anyway, I cleared out alot of both pm's and emails for extra space, so I cant send back to you where you said that, but, it's not that amazing at all.
            If you remember the hrs I was training at the time and what I'd just gone through, particularly in the last yr or two prior that, at home aand in china, finding the vinaya at that time, was absolutely an ephinany in reading it. It was then that I understood and awoke to boddhisattva realisation and not long after that, meeting the sceintologist suggesting he loved me, awoke to parinirvana and brahmin reality from that point of having understood boddhisttvism. that doesn't automatically get endowed somebody just by virtue of reading it though. . just like ppl can practice martial arts all their lives and still miss the g.b. skills and enlightenments that come with that.

So yes. you understand correctly. I initially read the translations of sanskrit and pali in english, and thereafter comparing the original forms of the languages, came to understand the differences and the language, and the hermeneutic behind them ( additionally as I do others) although like yourself, and just like with other subjects, if I have to come back to it at a time when I haven't been using it alot to refer off, then sometimes i might need to put in extra effort toward it. like fitness even. It never goes away, and I never didn't already familiarise myelf with the particular level of competance and understanding.

I was actually going to suggest that you might like to 'start' with english versions of the various sanskrit transmissions, not excluding aryan for it's vedic sanskrit conception, and hermeneutic impact on pali, and then of course the indo- whathaveyou versions as the scritpures and dharmic transmigration progressed over the world (and languages split and evolved ) to cross check off, and then of course the pali in regard to buddhism..which I know you had mentioned years ago that that exact thing was already an acadmic interest to you at that time, and that you wre already pursuing.
            Also because of time lines, and that it clear I wouldn't go past hyroglyophic hermenuetic and middle eastern doctrine ( even as history references) neither.

You know your question is much more complex than appears, so I mostly see your sarcasm and ignorance to realisation of myself because you likely are to your own self, just like you misunderstood my kungfu when asked me to meet you in china under those circumstances, but if someone else were to ask me, I'd most likely direct them to aryan sanskrit versions and to pali. Maybe it depends on who asked.

Blooming tianshi lotus.
            Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 04-29-2008, 10:28 PM.

Comment

edit on above due to missed edit clock timeout

[quote=blooming tianshi lotus;34248]Unless someone else is using your account these days, you now I turned 33 a cpl of weeks ago.

what's that got to do with anything relative to our conversation? I had no idea you were so egotistically snotty . I dont remember that about you.

Anyway, I cleared out alot of both pm's and emails for extra space, so I cant send back to you where you said that, but, it's not that amazing at all.
              If you remember the hrs I was training at the time and what I'd just gone through, particularly in the last yr or two prior that, at home aand in china, finding the vinaya at that time, was absolutely an ephinany in reading it. It was then that I understood and awoke to boddhisattva realisation and not long after that, meeting the sceintologist suggesting he loved me, awoke to parinirvana and brahmin reality from that point of having understood boddhisttvism. that doesn't automatically get endowed somebody just by virtue of reading it though. . just like ppl can practice martial arts all their lives and still miss the g.b. skills and enlightenments that come with that.

So yes. you understand correctly. I initially read the translations of sanskrit and pali in english, and thereafter comparing the original forms of the languages, came to understand the differences and the language, and the hermeneutic behind them ( additionally as I do others) although like yourself, and just like with other subjects, if I have to come back to it at a time when I haven't been using it alot to refer off, then sometimes i might need to put in extra effort toward it. like fitness even. It never goes away, and I never didn't already familiarise myelf with the particular level of competance and understanding.

I was actually going to suggest that you might like to 'start' with english versions of the various sanskrit transmissions, not excluding aryan for it's vedic sanskrit conception, and hermeneutic impact on pali, and then of course the indo- whathaveyou versions as the scritpures and dharmic transmigration progressed over the world (and languages split and evolved producing other versions and translations ) to cross check off, and then of course the pali in regard to buddhism..which I know you had mentioned years ago that that exact thing was already an academic interest to you at that time, and that you wre already pursuing.
              Also because of time lines, and the impact of previous civilisations, I wouldn't go past hyroglyophic hermenuetic and middle eastern doctrine ( even solely as history references) neither.

You know your question is much more complex than appears, so I mostly see your sarcasm and ignorance to realisation of myself because you likely are to your own self, just like you misunderstood my kungfu when asked me to meet you in china under those circumstances, but if someone else were to ask me, I'd most likely direct them to aryan sanskrit versions and to pali. Maybe it depends on who asked.

Blooming tianshi lotus.

Comment

I cleared out alot of both pm's and emails for extra space, so I cant send back to you where you said that, but, it's not that amazing at all.
                it's not meant to be amazing. the point is, you misquoted me. again.

if someone else were to ask me, I'd most likely direct them to aryan sanskrit versions and to pali. Maybe it depends on who asked.
                i understand the confucious concept of 因材施教 just fine. it doesn't apply here. i asked you a simple question.

i don't believe your answers.
                ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I'm glad that you have that you got that, but, whatever about it. where was it about that? that just makes paradox in that context. convenient time to bring it up considering though and thereby it just cancels itself out anyway. like ren. . .lol. nevermind. I kill me. @).

What a timely co-incidence though.

I've just now been playing around with my body running through some postures and sequences and pressure variants to see if I can't get past an alignment thing I've had going on, being the himalaya climb is out for the minute, amd I found a stick point in a particular shape.. and missed the jing relase by .... no more than some sequences off, ..so, anyway, I came online just now to investigate what the emotions are associated with that animal to consider another approach ( and lol.. it's always something dash it) that i might not have realised earlier, and I found this link, G.

Do you remember telling me about your fascination with that photograph superstar you were all excited about in taiwan? well, I saw that and smiled.

Anyway, the link is to a global animal totem website. I think you're being juust a little bit esoteric , but whatever. same shite same bat-channel. so okay. but no. I dont really need you to 'believe' anything you dont need to.

Blooming tianshi lotus.

Comment

Working...
                  X