X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. Now they fight with guns.

Comment

damn pussies.
      "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Originally posted by kunoichi2003
        I don't think I have ever heard of a tai chi teacher that advocates violence. Most of them are peace loving hippies. A good teacher will teach you how to use the art to protect yourself, not how to go out and start a fight for no reason. My guess is that you have yet to meet someone who really knows tai chi.

Kunoichi
        Dissapointment ;( The responses fall in the category that always has the highest number of people in it.

4) The class is purposefully being troublesome. For whatever reason, the people are purposefully not speaking to be onery. To cause frustration. Or they are plain rude and abusive

Master Splinter is obviosly an abuser of people. He has posted in a few of the threads I am in and each post is sarcastic, abusive, or useless.

As for you Kuniochi, I am not sure how to respond.

Being as this board says that it is inhabited by people claiming to learn real shaolin kung fu, I would hope that you were exposed to real kung fu teachers. Your response makes me doubt my assumption. I must question the qualification of these men if your statement is a sign of their influence on you.
        --------------

My kung fu teachers were old school chinese kung fu teachers. I don't know what your teachers did for you, but mine showed me reality. Much of it inadvertently.

Maybe I should be giving you advice?

Instead of listening to your instructors, watch them. Words are always lies. Actions are very very hard to hide from a person with true kung fu discernment.

You will learn more about kung fu from watching your instructor than you ever will from talking to him.
        ------------------

So if you are going to turn this into a "who's your teacher, what's your lineage", forget it. I don't play status games.

I talk to people for myself and ascertain for myself what it is they apparently know and do not know. A person's lineage or teacher means nothing.

My instructors had classes full of rich people who could barely walk straight. They did this obviously to get money from the rich people. The rich people went around telling everyone they were kung fu students. Everyone was happy.

But anyone who looked at these rich people or talked to them could tell in minutes that they were clueless. That they had paid this "master" for the right to tell other people they were his student and part of his lineage.

That stuff is all garbage. Knowledge is the only true indicator of whether a person knows kung fu or not. Repeating buzzwords like "chi" and "silk reeling" does not make a person a kung fu man.

Being able to describe factually what Chi is and the effect silk reeling has on the physical human body is what makes a person a knowledgeable kung fu man.

I can do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Happeh
          Being able to describe factually what Chi is and the effect silk reeling has on the physical human body is what makes a person a knowledgeable kung fu man.

I can do that.

Since this is a forum for educational purposes and based on this partial quote of your previous message, why dont you do just that, meaning explain it to us to further our knowlegde.

I study for over 4 decades now and I am not ashamed to say that I do not know everything in Shaolin Gong Fu and probably never will either.

On this leisurely note...

Uwe

Comment

happeh,

ive seen you on plenty of other forums, and on each one you talk like some kind of kung fu god.

yet you disclose nothing about yourself, gender age backround or history, then you call me abousive when its obvious that you're a nut.(more than me) so prefer to use the word

you show up out of nowhere on various "CHI" related threads on various forums and babble on like a weirdo. I mean i know im weird too and all but you just cross the line at some point.

say what you want,

i second uwe, put your money where your mouth is.
            "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

these topics have been covered time and time again.(do a search/check the forum archives)...

provide info /write something you feel is worthy of discussion...../ and perhaps others will be curious enough to provide their opinions on the subject. or else you're just "playing the loot to a cow," so to speak. "is taiji a trick?" just isn't going to cut it.

remember, there are many members on this board. quite a few of them, the majority, have been here for a number of years.

and for a person who subscribes to the notion that "words are always lies" but has been on the hunt for ten years...on the hunt for those whom are worthy to discuss these concepts....and have the ability to discuss them as "knowledgeable gongfu men," well.... let's just say your comments strike my funny bone... then again, i really dislike pronouncements that mean nothing too...you know?

btw, kunoichi2003 is a girl.
              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Originally posted by onesp1ng
                these topics have been covered time and time again.(do a search/check the forum archives)...

provide info /write something you feel is worthy of discussion...../ and perhaps others will be curious enough to provide their opinions on the subject. or else you're just "playing the loot to a cow," so to speak. "is taiji a trick?" just isn't going to cut it.
                Shame how modern people have no curiosity isn't it? Or how they have become so jaded? "these topics have been covered time and time again". And we all know that once they have been talked over, nothing new will ever be added to the discussion for the next 1000 years, don't we? There will be no new young people born who have never had this discussion before, or who wish to go through the discussion themselves in order to verify what others have told them, will there?

remember, there are many members on this board. quite a few of them, the majority, have been here for a number of years.
                What is your point? You are trying to politely tell me they are old and living on past glory? They have alzheimers and can no longer participate in an intellectually challenging discussion?

and for a person who subscribes to the notion that "words are always lies" but has been on the hunt for ten years...on the hunt for those whom are worthy to discuss these concepts....and have the ability to discuss them as "knowledgeable gongfu men," well.... let's just say your comments strike my funny bone... then again, i really dislike pronouncements that mean nothing too...you know?

btw, kunoichi2003 is a girl.
                Glad I could make you laugh. I wish I could. If you would have told me 10 years ago that it would be impossible to find just one person who was insightful enough to intelligently discuss kung fu with, I would have laughed at you. Back then I was certain the world was chock full of intelligent curious people eager to discuss the reality of kung fu.

Now I realize that about 90% of the men in kung fu are controlled by their ego. They will not involve themselves in a discussion where they might be proved wrong, or they might be exposed as not knowing something. They would rather puff up their chest and act tough, than calmly admit that they did not know something.

Me? I have no pride about learning. I will learn from anyone. If I don't know something, I love it. That means there is something new for me to investigate and learn about.

That is why I cannot understand all these turtles that would rather pull their head back into their shell where it is safe than take a chance and participate in a discussion that might make them feel foolish or ignorant, but which will leave them with knowledge they never had before.

Comment

Originally posted by master splinter
                  happeh,

ive seen you on plenty of other forums, and on each one you talk like some kind of kung fu god.
                  AH HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew I recognized that hate. I knew it!

yet you disclose nothing about yourself, gender age backround or history, then you call me abousive when its obvious that you're a nut.(more than me) so prefer to use the word
                  A nut huh? Are you the woman that would go to the administrators of those other forums and cry about how they should ban me? Have you tried that here?

you show up out of nowhere on various "CHI" related threads on various forums and babble on like a weirdo.
                  Where should I show up from if not nowhere?

You ought to watch it when you say things like "You babble on like a weirdo". Any person can say that about any other person in the world. It is more a statement of how tolerant you are of people who are different from you than it is a statement about me.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwe
                    Since this is a forum for educational purposes and based on this partial quote of your previous message, why dont you do just that, meaning explain it to us to further our knowlegde.

I study for over 4 decades now and I am not ashamed to say that I do not know everything in Shaolin Gong Fu and probably never will either.

On this leisurely note...

Uwe
                    Sure Uwe. I bet you think that you got me by calling me out don't you? Sorry. I never say anything I cannot back up. There might be a problem though. I cannot guarantee you will understand the way I explain it. My explanation is valid regardless of whether it makes sense to you or not.

The human body is constructed in a way that is far different than what you will find in an anatomy book. If you look at an anatomy book and try to figure out kung fu, you are in trouble. You will waste your entire life because the answers to kung fu are not in an anatomy book.

There are many different structures inside of the body. These various structures can be trained to perform in specific ways. Silk Reeling is the training of one of these structures within the body.

The particular structure involved, oddly enough, behaves like a reel. A reel for a garden hose, a reel for a telephone cord, or a reel for kite string. There is one of these reels, oddly enough, on each side of the body. I am being sarcastic here for a few reasons. The symmetry of the human body says that there must be one of these reel structures on each side of the body. The laws of physics also guarantee that there must be one of these reels on each side of the body. The laws of physics say that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. If there is a reel on one side of the body, there must be a reel on the other side of the body to offset the physical forces generated by the first reel.

These two reels could be described as being located on either side of the torso. The exact location, size and shape is going to depend on the individual person and the stage of their training. A person just beginng would likely have very small reels or no reels at all. A person training Tai Chi for year would feel as if these reels were very large and wide. Different people will give you different answers on exactly where these "silk reels" are located within their body, and what shape and size they are.

Silk Reeling exercise is exactly what it says. The exercise is meant to stimulate the "reels" in your body. The exercises that stimulate these reels in the body produce sensations that feel like a string or a garden hose or a telephone cord that is reeling and unreeling from this reel in the body. The sensations are so ephemeral, and the chinese are such a flowery speaking people, that they called it silk reeling instead of kite string reeling or fishing line reeling.
                    --------------------------

That is it Uwe. It is that simple. There really are two reels inside of your body. When they are stimulated by the exercises, and you are sensitive enough to feel it, you will feel sensations within your body as if a string or cord is winding and unwinding from these reals.

Nothing mysterious. No super powers. No fancy Chinese concepts or hard to understand chinese phrases to figure out. Just years of practice, and paying attention to how the practice makes the inside of your body feel.

Comment

You are assuming way too much

Sure Uwe. I bet you think that you got me by calling me out don't you? Sorry. I never say anything I cannot back up. There might be a problem though. I cannot guarantee you will understand the way I explain it. My explanation is valid regardless of whether it makes sense to you or not.
                      Happeh,

before I answer you let me give you a piece of friendly advice, which comes thorugh age and experience: Assumptions are the mother of all screw-ups.

You assumed I would call you out - Guess what, you are wrong, because I was really looking to learn sonmething new.

You assumed I might not understand - Guess what, you are wrong, because I do understand your explanation.

//////////////////////////////////////////AND NOW MY ANSWER TO YOU//////////////////

If you look a little closer at some of the messages I have posted over the years on this and other forums, you COULD potentially have come to the conclusion that I might just know a thing or two in the subject area.

I was looking forward to potentially actually learn something. However, from your explanation I did not learn anything and before you assume that I did not understand what you stated here, let me explain to you why I did not learn anything.

What you are describing is an (interestingly re-written) version from a section of the "Chen Pinsan Taijiquan Jiangyi", writtgen by Chen Xin (1849-1929).

If you want to re-write existing manuals I have no problem with that. It might even be better and more comprehensible than the original.

Just dont claim it as something new only known to you. Cite your sources, and people might even consider taking you a bit more serious.

Enough said...

Comment

Reels of what?

Comment

AH HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew I recognized that hate. I knew it!

A nut huh? Are you the woman that would go to the administrators of those other forums and cry about how they should ban me? Have you tried that here?

Where should I show up from if not nowhere?

You ought to watch it when you say things like "You babble on like a weirdo". Any person can say that about any other person in the world. It is more a statement of how tolerant you are of people who are different from you than it is a statement about me.
                          There is no way that i can politely CORNER you with logic, but actually...

i am rather tolerant of people who are different than me, as long we are on good terms and everything is peaceful.

i say you babble on like a weirdo because you have no sort of factual evidence in your claims. you just talk about weird shit, and on top of that you are like dead serious while at the sametime sounding like a NUT! even btl called you a nut, and it takes one to know one.

and i wouldnt call it hate. i would call it annoyed mockery.

every person in every forum you have been to has branded you a retard,

do you even know anything about martial arts? can you tell me what an armbar is? ippon? jargon?

i doubt it, you're a creepy weirdo, HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHLMAO.

okay happeh, its obvious that you are not capable of holding a "normal conversation"

try to fit in, you know? BLEND... and perhaps attend counseling...seriously.

now prove that you are normal, show some personality, get out of kung fu world for a while.

you know what they say, one who is succesful in the dojo but not succesful in life is a failure.

how old are you? i hope you arent over 30... or 20 for that matter.

am i mean?

Comment

I see lots of posts about physical facts. I think it is useful sometimes to forget about the facts and engage your mind on an imaginative or philosophical level.

What would be your reaction if someone told you that Tai Chi was a trick?

You take Tai Chi because you want to learn how to fight. The Tai Chi people manipulate your need to do violence by telling you that Tai Chi will help you commit violence more efficiently and with more power. What they say is true. But there are things that also happen to you that they forget to mention to you. Or, they might even tell you the reasons to your face, but in your zeal to commit violence, you do not hear what they are saying to you.

If Tai Chi was a trick, what would be the purpose?
                            Happeh,
                            I'm a bit confused as to what kind of answers you were looking for with this post. A bunch of "what if" senarios? Something about tai chi and violence? You seem to be appointing yourself as the "teacher" of this thread. While we are all the "class" and we don't understand or are being troublesome. Well, I haven't seen you attempt to answer or discuss your own question. You say that you want us to forget about the facts, yet you also posted this

I can do that.
                            But according to your first post this was not supposed to be about facts, but imagination. Also, You may be able to decribe something, but that doesn't nesseceraly mean you can do it. (I'm not saying that you can't, btw. just that your discription of knowledgeable seemed to be lacking)
                            So are we supposed to be discussing tai chi and violence from a factual stand point or an imaginative one? Or are we supposed to answer a "what if" question.

kunoichi

Comment

Originally posted by kunoichi2003
                              So are we supposed to be discussing tai chi and violence from a factual stand point or an imaginative one? Or are we supposed to answer a "what if" question.

kunoichi

Well spoken...

Comment

Glad I could make you laugh. I wish I could.
                                well, you've succeeded. really.
                                ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Working...
                                X