Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 73

Thread: Is Tai Chi a trick?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,755

    Red face

    these topics have been covered time and time again.(do a search/check the forum archives)...

    provide info /write something you feel is worthy of discussion...../ and perhaps others will be curious enough to provide their opinions on the subject. or else you're just "playing the loot to a cow," so to speak. "is taiji a trick?" just isn't going to cut it.

    remember, there are many members on this board. quite a few of them, the majority, have been here for a number of years.

    and for a person who subscribes to the notion that "words are always lies" but has been on the hunt for ten years...on the hunt for those whom are worthy to discuss these concepts....and have the ability to discuss them as "knowledgeable gongfu men," well.... let's just say your comments strike my funny bone... then again, i really dislike pronouncements that mean nothing too...you know?

    btw, kunoichi2003 is a girl.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by onesp1ng
    these topics have been covered time and time again.(do a search/check the forum archives)...

    provide info /write something you feel is worthy of discussion...../ and perhaps others will be curious enough to provide their opinions on the subject. or else you're just "playing the loot to a cow," so to speak. "is taiji a trick?" just isn't going to cut it.
    Shame how modern people have no curiosity isn't it? Or how they have become so jaded? "these topics have been covered time and time again". And we all know that once they have been talked over, nothing new will ever be added to the discussion for the next 1000 years, don't we? There will be no new young people born who have never had this discussion before, or who wish to go through the discussion themselves in order to verify what others have told them, will there?

    Quote Originally Posted by onesp1ng
    remember, there are many members on this board. quite a few of them, the majority, have been here for a number of years.
    What is your point? You are trying to politely tell me they are old and living on past glory? They have alzheimers and can no longer participate in an intellectually challenging discussion?

    Quote Originally Posted by onesp1ng
    and for a person who subscribes to the notion that "words are always lies" but has been on the hunt for ten years...on the hunt for those whom are worthy to discuss these concepts....and have the ability to discuss them as "knowledgeable gongfu men," well.... let's just say your comments strike my funny bone... then again, i really dislike pronouncements that mean nothing too...you know?

    btw, kunoichi2003 is a girl.
    Glad I could make you laugh. I wish I could. If you would have told me 10 years ago that it would be impossible to find just one person who was insightful enough to intelligently discuss kung fu with, I would have laughed at you. Back then I was certain the world was chock full of intelligent curious people eager to discuss the reality of kung fu.

    Now I realize that about 90% of the men in kung fu are controlled by their ego. They will not involve themselves in a discussion where they might be proved wrong, or they might be exposed as not knowing something. They would rather puff up their chest and act tough, than calmly admit that they did not know something.

    Me? I have no pride about learning. I will learn from anyone. If I don't know something, I love it. That means there is something new for me to investigate and learn about.

    That is why I cannot understand all these turtles that would rather pull their head back into their shell where it is safe than take a chance and participate in a discussion that might make them feel foolish or ignorant, but which will leave them with knowledge they never had before.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by master splinter
    happeh,

    ive seen you on plenty of other forums, and on each one you talk like some kind of kung fu god.
    AH HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I knew I recognized that hate. I knew it!

    Quote Originally Posted by master splinter
    yet you disclose nothing about yourself, gender age backround or history, then you call me abousive when its obvious that you're a nut.(more than me) so prefer to use the word
    A nut huh? Are you the woman that would go to the administrators of those other forums and cry about how they should ban me? Have you tried that here?

    Quote Originally Posted by master splinter
    you show up out of nowhere on various "CHI" related threads on various forums and babble on like a weirdo.
    Where should I show up from if not nowhere?

    You ought to watch it when you say things like "You babble on like a weirdo". Any person can say that about any other person in the world. It is more a statement of how tolerant you are of people who are different from you than it is a statement about me.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe
    Since this is a forum for educational purposes and based on this partial quote of your previous message, why dont you do just that, meaning explain it to us to further our knowlegde.


    I study for over 4 decades now and I am not ashamed to say that I do not know everything in Shaolin Gong Fu and probably never will either.


    On this leisurely note...


    Uwe
    Sure Uwe. I bet you think that you got me by calling me out don't you? Sorry. I never say anything I cannot back up. There might be a problem though. I cannot guarantee you will understand the way I explain it. My explanation is valid regardless of whether it makes sense to you or not.

    The human body is constructed in a way that is far different than what you will find in an anatomy book. If you look at an anatomy book and try to figure out kung fu, you are in trouble. You will waste your entire life because the answers to kung fu are not in an anatomy book.

    There are many different structures inside of the body. These various structures can be trained to perform in specific ways. Silk Reeling is the training of one of these structures within the body.

    The particular structure involved, oddly enough, behaves like a reel. A reel for a garden hose, a reel for a telephone cord, or a reel for kite string. There is one of these reels, oddly enough, on each side of the body. I am being sarcastic here for a few reasons. The symmetry of the human body says that there must be one of these reel structures on each side of the body. The laws of physics also guarantee that there must be one of these reels on each side of the body. The laws of physics say that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. If there is a reel on one side of the body, there must be a reel on the other side of the body to offset the physical forces generated by the first reel.

    These two reels could be described as being located on either side of the torso. The exact location, size and shape is going to depend on the individual person and the stage of their training. A person just beginng would likely have very small reels or no reels at all. A person training Tai Chi for year would feel as if these reels were very large and wide. Different people will give you different answers on exactly where these "silk reels" are located within their body, and what shape and size they are.

    Silk Reeling exercise is exactly what it says. The exercise is meant to stimulate the "reels" in your body. The exercises that stimulate these reels in the body produce sensations that feel like a string or a garden hose or a telephone cord that is reeling and unreeling from this reel in the body. The sensations are so ephemeral, and the chinese are such a flowery speaking people, that they called it silk reeling instead of kite string reeling or fishing line reeling.
    --------------------------

    That is it Uwe. It is that simple. There really are two reels inside of your body. When they are stimulated by the exercises, and you are sensitive enough to feel it, you will feel sensations within your body as if a string or cord is winding and unwinding from these reals.

    Nothing mysterious. No super powers. No fancy Chinese concepts or hard to understand chinese phrases to figure out. Just years of practice, and paying attention to how the practice makes the inside of your body feel.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    405

    You are assuming way too much

    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    Sure Uwe. I bet you think that you got me by calling me out don't you? Sorry. I never say anything I cannot back up. There might be a problem though. I cannot guarantee you will understand the way I explain it. My explanation is valid regardless of whether it makes sense to you or not.
    Happeh,

    before I answer you let me give you a piece of friendly advice, which comes thorugh age and experience: Assumptions are the mother of all screw-ups.

    You assumed I would call you out - Guess what, you are wrong, because I was really looking to learn sonmething new.

    You assumed I might not understand - Guess what, you are wrong, because I do understand your explanation.

    //////////////////////////////////////////AND NOW MY ANSWER TO YOU//////////////////

    If you look a little closer at some of the messages I have posted over the years on this and other forums, you COULD potentially have come to the conclusion that I might just know a thing or two in the subject area.

    I was looking forward to potentially actually learn something. However, from your explanation I did not learn anything and before you assume that I did not understand what you stated here, let me explain to you why I did not learn anything.


    What you are describing is an (interestingly re-written) version from a section of the "Chen Pinsan Taijiquan Jiangyi", writtgen by Chen Xin (1849-1929).

    If you want to re-write existing manuals I have no problem with that. It might even be better and more comprehensible than the original.

    Just dont claim it as something new only known to you. Cite your sources, and people might even consider taking you a bit more serious.


    Enough said...

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,114
    Reels of what?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    AH HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I knew I recognized that hate. I knew it!



    A nut huh? Are you the woman that would go to the administrators of those other forums and cry about how they should ban me? Have you tried that here?



    Where should I show up from if not nowhere?

    You ought to watch it when you say things like "You babble on like a weirdo". Any person can say that about any other person in the world. It is more a statement of how tolerant you are of people who are different from you than it is a statement about me.
    There is no way that i can politely CORNER you with logic, but actually...

    i am rather tolerant of people who are different than me, as long we are on good terms and everything is peaceful.

    i say you babble on like a weirdo because you have no sort of factual evidence in your claims. you just talk about weird shit, and on top of that you are like dead serious while at the sametime sounding like a NUT! even btl called you a nut, and it takes one to know one.

    and i wouldnt call it hate. i would call it annoyed mockery.





    every person in every forum you have been to has branded you a retard,

    do you even know anything about martial arts? can you tell me what an armbar is? ippon? jargon?

    i doubt it, you're a creepy weirdo, HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHLMAO.



    okay happeh, its obvious that you are not capable of holding a "normal conversation"

    try to fit in, you know? BLEND... and perhaps attend counseling...seriously.

    now prove that you are normal, show some personality, get out of kung fu world for a while.

    you know what they say, one who is succesful in the dojo but not succesful in life is a failure.

    how old are you? i hope you arent over 30... or 20 for that matter.


    am i mean?
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    I see lots of posts about physical facts. I think it is useful sometimes to forget about the facts and engage your mind on an imaginative or philosophical level.

    What would be your reaction if someone told you that Tai Chi was a trick?

    You take Tai Chi because you want to learn how to fight. The Tai Chi people manipulate your need to do violence by telling you that Tai Chi will help you commit violence more efficiently and with more power. What they say is true. But there are things that also happen to you that they forget to mention to you. Or, they might even tell you the reasons to your face, but in your zeal to commit violence, you do not hear what they are saying to you.


    If Tai Chi was a trick, what would be the purpose?
    Happeh,
    I'm a bit confused as to what kind of answers you were looking for with this post. A bunch of "what if" senarios? Something about tai chi and violence? You seem to be appointing yourself as the "teacher" of this thread. While we are all the "class" and we don't understand or are being troublesome. Well, I haven't seen you attempt to answer or discuss your own question. You say that you want us to forget about the facts, yet you also posted this
    Being able to describe factually what Chi is and the effect silk reeling has on the physical human body is what makes a person a knowledgeable kung fu man.

    I can do that.
    But according to your first post this was not supposed to be about facts, but imagination. Also, You may be able to decribe something, but that doesn't nesseceraly mean you can do it. (I'm not saying that you can't, btw. just that your discription of knowledgeable seemed to be lacking)
    So are we supposed to be discussing tai chi and violence from a factual stand point or an imaginative one? Or are we supposed to answer a "what if" question.

    kunoichi

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by kunoichi2003
    So are we supposed to be discussing tai chi and violence from a factual stand point or an imaginative one? Or are we supposed to answer a "what if" question.

    kunoichi

    Well spoken...

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,755
    Glad I could make you laugh. I wish I could.
    well, you've succeeded. really.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. herbs
    By tai chi in forum Traditional Chinese Medicine
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 03:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •