ninjitsu 5th dan testing video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ninjitsu 5th dan testing video

Here is a video of Hatsumi giving the 5th dan test. The point of this test is to sense your teachers intent and move out of the way.

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=xo7DJiSXJ6U[/MEDIA]

Enjoy,
    Kunoichi

that's some dumb shit

why is it that the japanese martial arts practioners are so into kicking the crap out of students? Seriously. anybody know?

There are only 10 types of people in this world.
    Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

How ****ing stupid is that? If you roll out of the way without being hit, you fail. If you get hit, you fail. If you begin to roll at the instant he begins his strike, he still strikes you, and you fail.

Shouldn't the test be not allowing someone that wants to kill you so close behind you with a raised sword?

The way he hits is totally subjective as well. Did you see him totally wind back for the woman? And as for the people who did evade, they probably couldn't sense his "intent," but had only been under his instruction long enough to know how he thinks.
      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Comical. I actually found it quite funny. They can't be serious about this stuff. Gotta agree with the unpaid intern; there are performance qualities to this.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

Well hatsumi does have a few degrees in theatre and acting which could explain why you think that. However, this is real. I saw it when I was training with hatsumi and nagato in japan. It was comical. I guess Hatsumi doesn't really do the test anymore. He leaves it up to the teachers of the students who are there which makes it funnier. Funny honkys
          "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

From what I've heard hatsumi like to "play" with people. He certainly is an odd guy to say the least. I don't that these are his regular students. What I noticed is that most of the students who passed seemed to be relaxed. Do you guys belive that is it possible to sense intent?

kunoichi

Comment

sides...ah god...sides hurting...spleen...spleen bursting....

I have sensed his intent. his intent is to make idiots look like idiots.
              "Arhat, I am your father..."
              -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

I fully belive in the sensing the intent. I also belive that everything has it's own energy and when you're high enough you just might be able to feel it !

The vid. was a bit funny, but those two guys in the middle sensed something happening. No doubt ! And the guy at the end did too, too bad he didn't trust himself a bit more and commit to getting the hell from out the way ! I sure would of after 20 min. of watching my classmates get the sh** wacked out of 'em by a wooden stick.

Speaking of, you know that had to be great 'ol Hatsumi, wackin the hell out of silly crackers for 20 min. straight. Sure beats the hell out of "Wack a mole" !!!
                "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

Originally posted by kunoichi2003
                  Do you guys belive that is it possible to sense intent?

kunoichi
                  IF I can't do it with strippers at 3AM in church, then nobody can. Period. Case closed.
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                  russbo.com

Comment

as far as i know, sensing ones intent is hard enough to do while you are looking at them, to be turned around is another thing.'

it seemed pretty quiet, maybe you can hear his clothes rustle before he strikes, its not like he was swinging it in a quick undetectable manner, since from that distance, if you were good you could break a walnut on someones head before they move.

most likely a psychological thing.

but what do i know...
                    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Working...
                    X