Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monks with Girl friends... Cool or Not ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amrta
    Then, why do you come to Russbo and argue?? That is Ch'an

Thats an easy one to answer... because its fun!!!!!!

I guess we could all sit in silence saying noting about anything with this attitude of "If you believe 2+2=63.2 then i am happy your happy" But **** that.... This is way more fun... lol
    The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

I'm not arguing.
      "Arhat, I am your father..."
      -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

I could care less about the term "monk". I love my teacher. He's funny and quality ! I just want to know about Shaolins stance on marriage, or girlfriends. Like I said before, Mahayanists aren't big on the whole marriage thing if you are ordained, from what I understand. Shaolin is a Mahayanist sect. So where do they stand on the issue. Especialy considering that so many of there disciples have girlfriends or have become married both in America and in China.
        Someone out there has got to know the answer to my question, right ?

Or, f*** that, just give me your opionion, educated guess, anything. But lets not bicker about the terminology used.
        "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

Shi Su Yun was born in 1913.

His master was a monk whose transmission predated the Shi You San destruction.

Su Yun began his training when he was 8.

During the Cultural Revolution, he married and started a family. Five kids.

He returned to the Shaolin Temple. One of the most respected monks, ever. Show me the asshole who would put his title in quotes.

At least one of his sons became a monk as well.

The End.
          -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Curious as to whom you got your information from. And, are you referring to Su Yuan, De Cheng's master?
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

Ban Wan Xi,

the answer is right there.... wu seng or he shang. If wu seng yes, if he shang, then no married.

Comment

Thats an easy one to answer... because its fun!!!!!!

I guess we could all sit in silence saying noting about anything with this attitude of "If you believe 2+2=63.2 then i am happy your happy" But **** that.... This is way more fun... lol

Iron cross,

that is not fun! That is how you train your mind to be more mindfulness to understand and overcome of what you see, what you hear and what you said. It is a mind training. Train your mind, then you will know what I meant.

Comment

Arhat,

If you are not arguing, then stop your accusation to "monk/s" you know and you don't. Since the world is distinguish between "right" and "wrong", then use them to train your mind as the shield to protect yourself from outside of the world.

If you follow the way your emotion, then you will drowned to your own conceptions and preceptions.

If you still unsatisfied with what you hear and see, then use that scene or phenomena to train your mind to be more stable than it was before.

The world is now are based on the people who lived in it. Why there is a bad neighbourhood and why there is a good neighbourhood. It is because our mind who distinguished it.

If the name of "Shaolin Temple" is fouled to you, then leave them. If Buddhism is not the way you wanted as your path, leave it and change your religion. Plus, change your name as "arhat".

The Buddha Gautama Himself never said anything to believe in Him, He only said that was the way he got enlightened. He only show you the way, if you believe it, then use it. If not, then leave it.

That is simple, that is easy. What do you think??

Comment

What one considered to be "fun" or not is purly a matter of opinion.... So, I disregard your comments and will continue to post random nothingness about random things here.... Things that have nothing to do with anything in reality yet we still talk about them rather passionatly.... Oh yes the debates will continue... and I will enjoy them... HOO HAH!!!!
                    The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

Amrta, sometimes I think you are channeling BL.

are you actually talking to me or at me, lol...you see arguing, I see debate and conversation, and rather well argued at that, thank you very much. I'm not sure where you get accusing. Someone posed a question and sought opinions, which were then offered by the various posters and discussed. I'm not uncomfortable with Shaolin, and am not leaving it.

As to what I really think, I think that when it comes to subjects like Buddhism, I like to erase the ism. As far as I am concerned, the dharma becomes self evident and allows discernment of the path- nobody owns the dharma it just is. If Buddhism must be locked away in reclusive temple complexes for it to be successful, than that is either a very weak and watery kind of path to the dharma, or no path at all. ultimately the term monk is one which is adopted out of ease of convention and for the majority of what it conveys. I wouldn't tell a rabbi he is not a priest because he is not greek orthodox, or is a reform jew and not ultra orthodox- so long as the wisdom we can develop and which is indicative of the dharma is further transmitted, so on and so forth, that satisfies for me the usage of these terms. Funny, it reminds me a little bit of a discussion had in another forum which referenced swords- also the sword etiquette thread- anyway someone asked about stone swords, could someone provide an example- the aztec maquahuitl was brought up as a stone sword- the reply was that it was a club, not a sword so was inadmissable as an example of a stone sword. But the spanish conquistadores actually fighting against them thought of it as a broadsword or a great sword. Hopefully you see the connotation with this argument about the word monk.
                      Last edited by arhat; 12-27-2006, 05:31 AM.
                      -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

yea.. just for you new yorkers..id just like to say, i really hate driving in new york city and tolls in new jersey suck so much dick, i was in nyc yesterday and today night and morning..and i couldnt find any damn monks on broadway which is where i thought yan ming was atleast..but hey the huge billboard of P DIDDY was enough for me lolo

this has nothing to do with anything, i just havent posted in forever

happy new years i love you guys
                        "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

were you looking for a big sign that says "SHAOLIN MONK HERE<---" ? I understand how you could miss it though. It has a weird door in front and there s a lil poster of sym. THe first floor is a recording studio and you have to take a rickety elevator up to he 4rd floor to see your iconic monk.

Monks with gf = lucky bastards

tetsumaru no tengo novia...aijin ga nai...yaritai.....it will be a cold michigan winter
                          "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

misconception

Arhat,

It seemed like you are trying to dig more of the untrue in this world...

To tell you the truth, I'm not trying to tell you or anybody of what I channelled. And I don't even chanel anybody. But, sometimes when things happen to misconception, you might want to lead them to better understanding on the conversation. and the conversation is not always comes out with what we want to hear.

The important thing is accepting the idea or not, is upon you. I'm just straightened up things which what might lead people to misconception and perception. That is how simple as it was.

Do you agree? Thank's by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by amrta
                              Arhat,

It seemed like you are trying to dig more of the untrue in this world...

To tell you the truth, I'm not trying to tell you or anybody of what I channelled. And I don't even chanel anybody. But, sometimes when things happen to misconception, you might want to lead them to better understanding on the conversation. and the conversation is not always comes out with what we want to hear.

The important thing is accepting the idea or not, is upon you. I'm just straightened up things which what might lead people to misconception and perception. That is how simple as it was.

Do you agree? Thank's by the way.
                              ?

Comment

Ummmm what the hell???

Comment

Working...
                                X