Michigan kung fu ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan kung fu ;)

Well here I am. I'm Justin and living in Michigan. So far I have been unable to find much as far as traditional Chinese martial arts here. Wing Chun and some teachers that don't teach anymore or they are busy with this or that. I will be near the Detroit area but not much luck yet on finding a teacher or school. I started in IA/IL studying both a Chuan Fa system and a Shaolin Chuan derivative system which started me on my kung fu journey. Please help if you know a teacher or school in Michigan. I hope to learn and share here. More for later!

tets?? can you help the man?
    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

From what I remember in another thread, Tets was busy testing the quality of silicone.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

your right. maybe it's tete that needs the help.
        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Yes. Yes. I sent him a pm. Anyone else interested about any kind of martial arts in southeast michigan give me a holler. I know where you can train in most martial arts here although there are still a few I haven't been able to find yet.
          "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

Michigan Kung fu

I have heard of a Master Lao, saw a flyer in Ann Arbor from a aiki-jitsu school on Fenkel in Detroit. He is teaching Northern Shaolin I have been told.

Also still looking for a five animal school I was told about????

If anybody knows any kung fu school in and around Detroit...please help.

Comment

Hey Justin,
              So you still looking for some place to train?! I've since moved but any interesting stories in your search for a school. Michigan has some interesting inhabitants so I can bet you have at least one or two. I forgot but why didnt you end up going to my school?

Comment

Kung Fu in Michigan

I am still here in Michigan. I have been everywhere I could. Found a lot of people that were interesting for sure. I am still seeking a legit kung fu teacher. Now Ann Arbor has some but I don't live there and it is way out of my way. I live in Farmington, Michigan. I can't find anyone here who actually teaches a legit kung fu system. I did drop in at one of Mr G's classes and I liked what I saw but did not get anything form Mr G about his curriculum. I was shoo'd away after he said they were doing some inside stuff that I was not allowed to see. Ok. I will say the forms were there and they were Shaolin forms, really good. A real mix though, I did not see a real format that day and Mr G would not share anything at all with me. Mysterious is okay to a point.... oh well. It was too far to drive after work anyway.

I went to teh Shaolin Temple to in Westland. No kung fu except Tai Chi. The Yu Chia is not really kung fu.

Please help...I have been taking TKD,Tang Soo Do,Choi Kwang Do,Isshin ryu, and more but all keep me going but does not fulfill my Chinese kung fu fix.

Comment

Originally posted by brazilusa
                  \

I went to teh Shaolin Temple to in Westland. No kung fu except Tai Chi. The Yu Chia is not really kung fu.
                  Interesting that people are still calling their schools by that name.
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Yeah Doc I wonder that myself. The school is a good school but the name is misleading for people looking for traditional CMA.

BrazilUSA, I think you have travelled the same path I did. Alot has changed since I left but alot is still the same. If you are really determined you will find what you are looking for but remember to give some places a chance. A trial lesson in some cases is enough to determine whether or not the school is right for you but sometimes you need to be there for awhile to find out the truth. TKD in Michigan is pretty good in some places as there is a good population of Koreans there. But I never really got into Korean MA.

I wish you luck my friend. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Comment

Michigan....arghhh! Help...

I am still looking for a teacher of kung fu...please help in Michigan. Detroit or Ann Arbor. Detroit is closer but....

Comment

Detroit?

Wouldn't you be better off finding a gun shop?

OK, sorry, it's early here....

russbo.com

Comment

LOL ^
                          It's not that bad here. As for kung fu in ann arbor, someone here gave me this link http://a2shaolinkungfu.org/ I haven't had a chance to check it out though. If you are interested I may be able to hook you up with my chen taiji teacher, he is the only person in michigan (that I have seen) that has any real skill in taiji. here is a video link http://youtube.com/watch?v=YL7nQqrMwkA

Good luck,
                          Kunoichi

Comment

Working...
                          X