X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly bird, monks don't rape!
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

• Though if they did it would be considered justifiable just because they are monks...
      The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

• Thats right according to chicken and his friends.

Comment

• Chicken would explain how you have to live with the chinese to understand that rape is included in todays shaolin monkhood and not the same thing to chinese as it is to westerners. Arhat would say that we don't even have the mental abilities needed to grasp the concept of it, a monk acts from pure wisdom and cannot be questioned by ordinary mortals. His doings are well in harmony with his buddhist faith and vowes etc

Comment

• And both would have no clue that it was just a joke all along...
            "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

• Originally posted by master-lu
              To songshanmonk- what is the matter with you? You've been wrighting som funny stuff. How can you ask what Iron cross thinks is a real shaolin monk- he and others have been dealing with this for a long time we have all wrote shit load about it! Whats the problem? Because we critisize your god Yan ming you ask - "then what do you consider a real shaolin monk" come on man!!! It sure as hell is not a guy who acts and behaves like Yan ming or Yan-LU does so the question is irrelevant. What the hell!!!Iron cross does not even have to know shit about shaolin to understand that the behaviour he has seen from Yan ming and heard about is unacceptable. We have stated this a lot of times- get this straigt- I dont give a damn about what a real shaolin monk is, i dont have to know that- anyone knows that he is not in any way a hustler, womanizer or a drunk. Shit! Not even I am that bad!!! Once again I say there are some that some of us do consider real shaolin monks. The ones i think of live as vegetarians, develop chan and live in celibacy, no big deal you can live like a real monk so stop making silly excuses for those who do not.
              About the Wushu or anything else. If you're going to learn it learn it from some one who really knows it thats all. This goes for anything you cant disagree with that can you? I don't do modern wushu anymore i was never any good at it but if I wanted to do it i would not go to the so called monks i go to other well established schools that knows what the hell they're doing so that when i'd injure myself they don't just put their hands on me, pull a little bit and tell me it's okay to continue. Thats dangerous.

The MONSTER was created by the so called shaolin order of today. None of us created this monster its their own doing, Dishonesty does not befit any buddhist order so this is what they get. I think this monster will grow big enough to devour shaolin if they don't change drastically.
              Arhat i think you are dreaming!
              Some people obviously trend towards becoming a dick when they leave, or get forced out, lol, and that is unfortunate because Shaolin, and those who have planted it's seed here abroad, are doing good work, and are doing very good things 99% of the time. But people are people and many will always trend to the negativity.
              - One day we will have our temple, in fact we will have many, and nothing posted here or elsewhere is going to have any kind of bearing as to what that institution will or will not be. No matter what anyof you or I post, come some time we come to Trinidad, or wherever, someone lost will be found, someone found will discover more, and that's really all that matters to me.
              Seriously Arhat! You are starting to scare me now this is spoken like a true fundamentialist! It's reputation your reputation, what people wright and say about you makes all the difference in the world! Do really mean that you don't see that?
              You love what i have done with the place- I love reading your posts and I love the good work people like Yan ming and shaolin- fundamentalist- followers like you have done with the shaolin name. You guys bring shame on shaolin tradition and will be the end of it.
              I can't resist this one. Yes I ask people like yourself and Iron Cross what they think constitutes a real shaolin monk....since there are so many self proclaimed shaolin masters that post here and seem to think how a shaolin monk should walk talk and speak. On what grounds? Are you guys in on the way to become buddhist monks or something? All I read is a bunch of weak nonsense gibberish that some of you post. You guys are worse than a bunch of women gossiping. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but as I said most of you are going around saying "all of shaolin this, all of shaolin that" based on broad generalizations and stereotypes. There is no constructive criticism you are offering. I just find it amazing that you Iron Cross, chicken and whoever else posts junk here experts in the subject matter. So you guys talk a bunch of crap about the monks, their students and shaolin and yet then your going to sit there and type on how self righteous monks should behave? Just take a look at what you are doing!

Oh and to correct you with factual information I am not a student of Shi Yan Ming. I train at Shi Xing Hao's school in Houston and been with him since 1998.
              http://americanshaolinkungfu.org/3.html

Comment

• I never said I was a shaolin master... nor master of anything for that matter...

No one is making you read any of this.... you dont like what we are talking about then just dont read it... tis happens to be the exact reason I dont read a majority of the posts on this site...
                The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Cross
                  I never said I was a shaolin master... nor master of anything for that matter...

No one is making you read any of this.... you dont like what we are talking about then just dont read it... tis happens to be the exact reason I dont read a majority of the posts on this site...
                  Really? Well your words/posts contradict otherwise. You and few others are presenting information in a manner in which you seem to think you know about and in reality it's nothing more then a severe bashing of at least one monk in particular here in this thread. Then it leads to they are all fake, to shaolin is all wushu and back to bashing SYM because he drinks alcohol and eats meat, etc. If its not one thing its another. To me that's just arrogant presumption. It reminds me of a customer complaining about poor customer service expecting the store to be shut down because they had a bad experience at the store. It's just not going to happen. So all of a sudden you seem to have become a spokesperson for this stuff and a few others decide to jump in on the bandwagon.

No one is making me read any of this but on the other hand if you do not like coming to a shaolin website to read about shaolin monks/kung fu then just don't read it yourself. It's a two way street in both directions.

Comment

• Originally posted by baiwanxi
                    Sounds like one, yeah. Too bad that would make all wuseng to be lay people and NOT monks........ Hmmm
                    Yea, Wuseng are not FULLY ordained religious "monks". What's the confusion here?

Comment

• I've never heard that ! Do you got anything to back that up. Not that I'm fully doubting you, it's just, after all this posting I'd love to stumble across some factual information instead of relying on opinion or, as you put it, presumptions.

If that IS true, that would clear up an aweful lot of confusion.
                      "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

• If ONE customer had ONE bad experience I'd agree with you.. However, if you continue to hear bad experiences from many customers from many different store locations you might want to go shop somewhere else... Especailly when otehr stures are cheaper and sell better items..

Comment

• Originally posted by SongshanMonk
                          ....All I read is a bunch of weak nonsense gibberish that some of you post. You guys are worse than a bunch of women gossiping......
                          Hey man, dont be a sexist... we already got more vows to take then men.. we don't need to add "women gossiping" to our list of crap to deal with...

Also, this seems true. The non-believers do tend to bring more evidence to the table of why they feel the monks are not behaving in a very Buddhist way.. but there isn't much evidence of what behaviors makes these monks monk-like. I've questions this once and someone told me that I didn't understand because I didn't know the inner workings of the temple and was left like that. Of course I have no idea what that means, but it implied to me that I should have blind faith in what was going on and that everything worked out at the end...

Comment

• Songshanmonk. How much of what we wright do you actually read? I am the only one claiming to be a shaolin master here, no one else did. None of us ever said all of shaolin this or that!!!! Come on! We do criticize most of shaolin of today, but none of us said all of it nore all of shaolins students- you can't say we did- when? where? What are you blind? I respect and still practice gong fu. We are "attacking" the self righteous hustlers, sectarians and tourist industry fakers of shaolin today. If that to you means all of shaolin then that would suggest YOU think thats all shaolin consists of and therefor hate on us for criticizing- I'm telling you. We never said "all of" anything.
                            Now, it's clear that you don't share our views on this- I respect that but don't say I said something I never said as I won't say you said something you never said. It's simple my friend.
                            Have you not read from several people on this site about their own unfortunate experiences with these so called monks. Why are there so many dissatisfied customers from so many different places? I'm sure there will be even more as long as these hustlers are around doing there thing. What do you think? tell me about your view of todays shaolin let me understand you better
                            /The only shaolin monk on this site, secret qi gong master shi Yan-LU

Comment

• I never could stomach blind faith in anything... Think I was the only 4 year old questioning the existance of god in religion class, that sure made the teachers made...

but anyways... I gotta give props to Hippo Foo again on this one... shes right.. I've listed I dont know how many instances or events where things seem off... yet the responses in return are always along the lines of we dont understand or just "dont get it"... Also get alot of "that doesnt make sense" whenever we mention things.. No reason as to why it doesnt make sense, it just doesnt I guess... Yet when those who question these monks say something doesnt make sense they back it up with a instance or event or story to demonstrate why.. ie. I dissagree with them here, because...

It is very hard to have a point counter point arguement with someone that is running off of faith... I can predict the resposne to that saying most everything we say in a non-point or taken out of context... well if thats true then explain why it is...back up your position with a bit of evidence so we can all learn from it.. otherwise its all just rantings...

I said this before but I'll write it again... its starting to become my new favorite saying... "Faith is the surrender of our capcity to question logically and rationally. When we do that we surrender the very thing that makes us different from the rest of the animals..." Maybe not word for word but you get the idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hippo Foo
                                I've questions this once and someone told me that I didn't understand because I didn't know the inner workings of the temple and was left like that. Of course I have no idea what that means, but it implied to me that I should have blind faith in what was going on and that everything worked out at the end...
                                it means they themselves dont have an answer but dont want to let go and take an honest look at things. they'd rather keep the blind faith in whatever their masters say. then they brush obvious things aside if they are negative by making vague references and leaving you with a condescending line such as "one day you'll find out something very interesting" as if they know the secret of the "inner workings", but for some reason choose not to discuss it.

weak...

Comment

Working...
                                X