No announcement yet.

Authenticity of monks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont blame Arhat... everything he says is true...

Oh God I'm lonely....
    The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

• Hippo foo i totally agree with you- this way these forum serves a purpose. You're definetly right. Now lets just sit back and wait for the believers to retaliate as they do so well. I know Arhat is cooking up some major bull shit to pour on you, me or any infidel. Songshan monk is working on something too but it isnt going to be as stupid as Arhats andvanced BS.
      By the way I have a question.
      Arhat- I'm sure you inform your master about the things people like Iron cross and others are saying about him. How does he feel about these things? does he feel bad for the unsatisfied customers or does he think they're crazy or something? I'm very interested in his opinion if you could perhaps shed some light on this for me please? I mean there has been some heavy critique I'm sure he must have been affected in some way, what say the other students do they know anything about these things? Whats todays status?
      Secret qi gong master of stockholm shaolin temple shi yan-LU

Comment

• hey I don't post but I have to ask... I understand that people have serious opinions about this guy in particular. BUT MEANWHILE... the guy who really IS supposed to be the next in line, the "chosen one"... has just been aired out. What about his meat, wives, kids, fancy houses? His authenticity? I mean, his disciples are DYING. Death. Slave labor. Fraud.

I mean, bad monks are bad monks, but isn't there a big picture being missed here?

With respect,
        GBB

Comment

• Originally posted by Hippo Foo
          I'm Bored..

Isn't Amita Buddha part of the Pureland buddhism? My knowledge in Pureland Buddhism sucks....
          yes, but in the pureland tradition he is a real buddha that they devote themselves to for rebirth in his pureland. arhat thinks they are stupid for following this ridiculous path.

because in chan, amitabha represents our buddha nature and the pureland is allegorical for the pure mind. rebirth in the pureland is here in this lifetime.

but, if you learn both schools and really understand the aim of pureland practice, they are quite parallel- though separate. but if you just read about the pureland and amitabha's vows, and if you're like arhat, you'll conclude that it is a stupid path and they should stop following it.

similar to the precepts that he believes are ridiculous and that no one should respect.

some people just have it all figured out and want to tell people what to follow and what not to follow. even to the point of insulting their own fellow dharma farers, or the precepts kept by those who braught their own tradition to them after 2600 years.

Comment

• so the good news though is that the wuseng ordination has been explained. they are ordained with five precepts, as i suspected was the only possibility. which means guys like yanming are still ordained and just fine having kids and all.

amituofo! _/_LFJ
            Another assumption made. Another root of the "problem"...
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

• I'm curious about this too Arhat. Has SYM learned about IC's opposition to the temple and to SYM himself ? Have you ever mentioned or talked about this with him ?

Some of the other student's there must have come across this site at some point and mentioned it before or after class. I know this type of drama wouldn't have escaped the ears of everyone from my old school.

So what's the deal ? How does SYM view this ? What is the concensus ? I'm sure it's still in support of Yanming, but I am interested. I'm sure most of the students would probably like to crucify IC.......
              "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

• Originally posted by master-lu
                Hippo foo i totally agree with you- this way these forum serves a purpose. You're definetly right. Now lets just sit back and wait for the believers to retaliate as they do so well. I know Arhat is cooking up some major bull shit to pour on you, me or any infidel. Songshan monk is working on something too but it isnt going to be as stupid as Arhats andvanced BS.
                By the way I have a question.
                Arhat- I'm sure you inform your master about the things people like Iron cross and others are saying about him. How does he feel about these things? does he feel bad for the unsatisfied customers or does he think they're crazy or something? I'm very interested in his opinion if you could perhaps shed some light on this for me please? I mean there has been some heavy critique I'm sure he must have been affected in some way, what say the other students do they know anything about these things? Whats todays status?
                Secret qi gong master of stockholm shaolin temple shi yan-LU
                HAHAHA working on something? No. I have said all there is to say about the matter. Lets see...we are on page 25 now? Still no one thinks any different. The pile of shit is being shoveled higher and higher. That's just the way it is. Again, people experience different things...some good and some bad. Often there is a lot more to some experiences than what is said or led to believe. So really, I probably will remove myself from all of this. The forums now have turned into something else than what it once was. I have no ill regard or bad feeling towards anyone. I just don't see why I should waste anymore time or be concerned with what 4-5 of you think about shaolin.
                http://americanshaolinkungfu.org/3.html

Comment

• -Songshanmonk you're right about that. You need not be concerned with what some of us or anyone else thinks of shaolin, you can still do your thing. Could you perhaps tell me something about the USAST what goes on there, do you know anything- IS Ironcross a wanted man? Have you heard anything? What are people saying about these things in your school?

Comment

• you're right, doc. i assume shi yanming is a wuseng because he referred to himself as such when i met him. the only way for his whole deal to work out is for him to be a wuseng, and for wuseng to be ordained with five precepts, still considered laity. and this was the information i was given which fit. so i see no problem with it.

to those interested in what yanming thinks about all of this- dont think its the first time people have ever seen him in a negative light. its been happening for years, and you can only imagine why. but what he says, as far as i know, is that people will always have something to say about you. no matter what. you just have to keep living, doing what you're doing and they'll see you through your actions. so take his word to him. i was interested enough and went to meet him half way across the united states. i can only speak from my experience with him.

personally, i have only heard him describe the translation for the word heshang. he called himself a wuseng. so i know where he stands thus far. i see no problem. the problem lies with his disciples who make their own interpretation without having learned and then speak that as the way. i have not heard yanming say any of this about the pratimoksha precepts or other schools of buddhism. i only hear that from his disciples.

so thats all. it aint so much about shi yanming. its about trying to learn and uphold traditional shaolin culture and then the arrogant disciples who have it all figured out but say its not for public consumption and you'll have to go through the hoops like all before. which means only a stronger ego and selfishness, possessiveness was built through the acquisition of such knowledge. and at some point along the line you earn the credibility to say nobody should respect what brought the tradition to us and followers of other buddhists schools should quit their stupid path.

nice move by the way, songshanmonk.

Comment

• I can actually answer the ones brought up about me and yan ming knowing what goes on here.

When Yan Ming kicked me out for "not understanding myself" the time I got heat stroke he told me he knew everything that I had been saying about him and shaolin on the internet. Apparantly someone had been telling him regularly about my doings even while I still trained there. All this was behind my back without ever telling me until the day he gave me the boot. Goes to show the kind of honesty and loyalty they practice at the good ole usast...
                      The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Cross
                        I can actually answer the ones brought up about me and yan ming knowing what goes on here.

When Yan Ming kicked me out for "not understanding myself" the time I got heat stroke he told me he knew everything that I had been saying about him and shaolin on the internet. Apparantly someone had been telling him regularly about my doings even while I still trained there. All this was behind my back without ever telling me until the day he gave me the boot. Goes to show the kind of honesty and loyalty they practice at the good ole usast...
                        Wow that is pretty horrible that SYM knew of your activities on the web. That happened to me once when I quit my job. My boss, who was crazy, told me he knew I was talking crap about him to a coworker. But then he put his finger in boiling hot water to check whether it was hot or not so I thought my words were justified....

I'm wondering whether SYM would have kicked you out if you brought up what you were feeling in terms of his teaching and the environment he created while still at the school. Is every type of criticism met with banishment? If he knew what you were talking about, not that I Knew what you were talking about, how come he didn't want to invoke some sort of change in his school? It's all very strange to me. I feel like over the year, SYM has entrusted devoted people to be spokepersons of his school as oppose to those who have more martial and spiritual skill. I noticed that those who had lesser skill and less experience at the school were asked to teach classes with students with more skill and more experience just because they were more "devoted" to SYM and screamed louder.

Anyway, that is pretty horrible to know that SYM knows about these forums from loyal students. No student can be treated the same if the master has some doubt and animosity towards them...

But anyway in most cases, the students know what they are getting into. SYM is in no way a quiet character... but I think the vagueness in the way he talks can make you interpret things in all different ways... Like when he says, I like Mr. Benjamin, can be read as, "money is just some form of materialism" or it could really just mean, " I like money". So, "know yourself" could mean, "know yourself" or it could be, "know yourself to know what your sifu wants."

Anyway yeah this the 25 page of the post, but this topic gets posted like a hundred times... so maybe its just better its in this long one as oppose to 10 shorts ones...

Comment

• Yeah it was some rather strange crap. It seemed to me that he knew of my feelings and what I had said ot other students a while before he booted me. Though he never talked to me directly or felt the need to ask for clarification. Nor did he even kick me out the second he heard it which wouldve made more sense in some stange way i guess.

Its very true that only the msot devoted and loyal students were asked to run classes.. though i wished he would run the classes. I can remember by the end most of the classes i went to were jsut flat out boring and not challenging at all. 90% of the advice and direction people were telling me I knew to be not only wrong but irrisponsible. Things like during tornado kick scream and act crazy and dont worry about the landing. That kinda talk leads to knee problems.

I remember once class was real small and everynoe was looking at me to start class so I went to yan mingand said should i start class he told me to wait and then told another student to do so. a guy who could barely touch his toes and couldnt jump to save his life. I mean how can someone teach the technique if they could never do it themselves in the first place??

Comment

• I mean how can someone teach the technique if they could never do it themselves in the first place??
                            Well as they say..

Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach.

Comment

• Originally posted by master-lu
                              -Songshanmonk you're right about that. You need not be concerned with what some of us or anyone else thinks of shaolin, you can still do your thing. Could you perhaps tell me something about the USAST what goes on there, do you know anything- IS Ironcross a wanted man? Have you heard anything? What are people saying about these things in your school?
                              You're right about that too in that you need not be concerned with what some of the students of the monks think of shaolin and their shifu. You can still carry on your crusade. Really, how much of all this have you been reading and comprehending? If you were you would know that I am not a student of the USAST or Yan Ming. Ignorance is bliss.

Originally posted by IronCross
                              Yeah, I don't blame him for giving you the "boot"...I can see why. Really what kind of honesty and loyalty were you giving in the first place too?

Originally posted by LFJ
                              nice move by the way, songshanmonk.

Yep so long forums!!
                              http://americanshaolinkungfu.org/3.html

Comment

• What kind of honest and loyalty? I could write a book easily... this crap would go on for another 25 pages at least... I dont think you wanna go there SSM... seriously.. If you are smart you will just back off that one..

Comment

Working...
                                X