Where can I find a good uniform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find a good uniform?

Last summer, I bought a cool raw silk Tai Chi uniform (Kung Fu uniform with no pockets or cuffs -good idea) from AsianIdeas.com and it was great and all, but it hasn't held up well. The other day, I ripped it bad enough that I cant repair it. I need to find a white cotton uniform that is very durable and good for mobility (in the crotch region) and preferably without cuffs and definately without pockets.

Can anyone recommend a good place to order one? I'd really appreciate it.

I have a bunch of monk uniforms from Shaolin. They're orange though.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

I wish I could wear one of those monk uniforms. At my kwoon, unfortunately, because we use a colored sash ranking methodology, a student's uniform must be white or off-white. After a student reaches black, they can wear any color in the rainbow they desire.

Does anyone even make a white cotton Kung Fu uniform that is durable enough to grapple in?

Comment

hey doc are those uniforms really strong, coz im prone to ripping anything that not really strong.. i know a guy that makes the wudang looking robes and shaolin uniforms in polyester, in any color.. does it all by hand too, and the polyester is super strong but kinda hot in florida to be wearing polyester all the time. it would be nice to have a subsitute.. by the way love the swords

Comment

The uniforms I have are from Shaolin, they are what's commonly used there. They seem to be mostly polyester, and they have an extra panel in the crotch for more movement, for lack of a better word. They're going to be as strong as any other uniform, other than a heavy cotton gi. You have to wear them big so that you have the room to stretch in them.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

It seems like when you type in "kung fu uniform" as a search, out of the hundreds of results, 99% of the uniforms are black. The remaining choices are either satin or silk. The quality of virtually all the uniforms are questionable at best.

But, after many hours of internet searching. . . Success! I found a website called jonieuniforms.com and they offer a multitude of Kung Fu uniform styles. They seem to be of excellent quality, and they are basically all semi-custom order. You pick a style: Long-sleeved, short-sleeved, sleeveless; choose cotton, satin, or silk; each style offered in 6 colors, 6 colors of trim offered, and decide whether you want frog buttons or inter-loop. Prices for the long sleeved stuff started at $69. They make women's uniforms too, and they looked pretty sexy.

Just thought you guys might like to know if you didn't already.

Comment

They used to have these pants in all sorts of colors and they were super durable as long as you didnt dry them. and the crotch-ular region was very durable and non tearing.
              "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

these are the ones i wear. they fit big and baggy, which i like. they're made by Fist inc. and can usually be found in your nearest chinatown..

ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Working...
                X