No announcement yet.

Pads or no pads -that is the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headgear and gloves are all that is neccesary for sparring. the pace should be controlled and the power used shouldnt be max. its more important to work on setting up your opponent and focusing on technique.

its unneccesary to hit someone hard just to do it, thats what bags are for.

free sparring at a fast pace and limited restrictions on strikes and such should be reserved for the strongest and most advanced

new students should spar from the get imho, but in a controlled manner that progresses as the student progresses.

minor injuries should be taken care of and left to heal but sparring should continue unless a serious injury occurs

imho
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Maestro, you still busy as hell? I never see you on AIM anymore.
      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

dont have a comp anymore so i dont get to go online alot..which really sucks cause i cant download the ufc and pride fights anymore. i used to see all the latest fights a day or 2 after it happened because of kazaa

and i am very busy. gambling, training..about to start weight training and working and gf takes up all my time. although i might be getting rid of this gf lolo
        "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Lol, those bitches suck the life outta you...

But that's not entirely a bad thing.
          Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

I absolutely love pad/bag work. More than anything.

I hate holding back, so for me, what a lot of people call sparring just winds up being clowning around. When the pads come out, that's what I love, because I can really train.

When I did what most people call sparring we used pads and even then I felt like it sucked a little. I couldn't imagine clowning around with no pads.

When I was an avid snowboarder, I wish they had helmets back then, cuz I rang my bell a couple of times and I'm shocked I never concussed, considering the way I mangled my hips and shoulder, lol...
            "Arhat, I am your father..."
            -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

I've only been snowboarding once and I loved it. But I did manage to get a concussion. (unintentional front one and a quarter, smacking my head on the ground twice).

Comment

lol, unintentionals are how a lot of people learn.
                "Arhat, I am your father..."
                -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Working...
                X