No announcement yet.

Steroids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It warms the cockles of my roid stressed heart to see that everyone is keeping this discussion on an adult, professional, and highly educational level.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

More of this UFC roids madness. If you think they're juicing, you might as well say the same thing about heavyweight boxers and just about any other sport where people are powerful and work hard to get that way.

Lawl, but I love how everyone likes to point out that big dudes are on gear when cyclists seem to be the most prevalent of juicers in professional and regulated sports.
      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

I don't want to double post, but since the topic of roids in ma hasn't really been discussed...

Anyone look at the legs on Shi Yan Lei's old pics?

If those were done naturally, I've never seen anything like it.

Comment

Did they look like this?

Severe Warning before clicking this link...It won't be easy to erase from your memory

http://www.newfoundwang.com/pics/parker64522.jpg

Comment

Did they look like a 403 Forbidden page? No, can't say that they did.

They did have the masculature of a horse, though.

Comment

Hmmm. Rob has a web site subscription to some area with muscle bound men?

Care to explain Rob??
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Yeah, that wasn't a man....Eeewwwww

Seriously I googled that pic, they probably 404'ed it because they figured out their files weren't locked up.

Comment

In the future, right click and save the thing, and upload it to this server. These links on these other servers are not reliable. If there's something you want to "keep", keep it here.

Damn. Missed a picture of a steroid crazed muscle bound woman. Ah, we'll go to church, there's plenty of live ones there.

russbo.com

Comment

Damn. Missed a picture of a steroid crazed muscle bound woman.
                    Unfortunately you didn't, it's still there. Just copy and paste the url instead of clicking (the 403 is likely due to a referrer based block).

Sorry but I refuse to be the only one traumatized by that..

Comment

Wow...yeah. Just click the link and press "Go" in your url toolbar.

Wow...

That bitch would snap your dick in half just by sneezing.

In addition, I never saw a pic of Yan Lei in that kind of position, but it's probably something accurate to what he'd look like...lol

Comment

that was a bitch?

All those years of medical training, and this one baffles me.

russbo.com

Comment

For MA I don't see any great benefits from taking steroids that are worth the potential risk. Personally I wouldn't take steroids unless I was a competitive bodybuilder, strongman, or powerlifter since most steroids that these athletes take are from underground labs. Some of these UG labs are really filthy and could care less about your health and if you don't know how to sterilize AAS you will most likely get an infection. I find that doctors tend to over hype the dangers of steroids and users tend to downplay the dangers.

Comment

There are some effects of steroid use, that are absolutes and not just potential at all.

For example, injecting testosterone, and HGH, dooo absolutely inhibit, and cummulatively, natural biosynthesis of those materials. just like with pure form creatines stops natural production of that.

it's the homeostatic balance that is interupted when things are added in simple forms that stop the body making it of it's own and all the little things that happen to make and break down and eliminate that stuff, that when it doesn't happen or because there's more requires more body and organ stress to try to produce enough to break down all the extra stuff, causes whole systemary stress, and that's when other physiological symptoms appear and things start to shut down.

there is nooo way around that whilst using that stuff. after a period of 2 consistant yrs, it has effects on DNA ( a protein of it's own relying on certain pH and composition of body fluids and sympathetic demands of cell and tissues in the body) causing mutuations. i dont not think it can be reversed, but, that would need to be executed in a particular and tailored fashion, or under one hell of a fluke to be corrected.

Behaviour that results from changing these types of chemistries, is a physiological reaction also. that cannot be fully erradicted or negated unless the usage is stopped.

I dont know that ppl shouldn't have the right to kill themselves and suffer compromised and reduced hormonal synthesis, however, it is against the law in most places, and maybe what happens behaviourally is a part of the reason for that.

Here's one link on the effects of injecting red blood cells.

that I have lifted close to all time ever recorded fml records for lifting weight at muuch lighter than any fml previously recorded, and without specifically trying to aim for that mind you, and that I have had bigger musculature proportions at a much smaller weight than ppl using and competing professoinally in regard to that, and albeit winning the biggest of those international competitions, doesn't do much to convince me neither.

Oh yeh. and there's not as much money in it , successful competition via AAS assistance for most ppl as some would like to believe. maybe that's why there's so much prostitution and sex related work associated with that. I hear that most ppl are lucky to be able to meet costs of the stuff without doing that in some or other capacity. you can investgate that for yourself at musculardevelopment.com

I do hear that there are qigongs for bodybuilding and enhanced performance that are safe though.

Blooming tianshi lotus.
                            Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 04-28-2008, 05:57 AM.

Comment

A recent article from The Lancet, a well respected British medical journal, widely reported in the news, discusses one negative aspect of steroid use:

Steroid abuse scars a young muscle man for life
                              Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:13 PM PT

By Melissa Dahl

For one 21-year-old muscle man, the quest to build a perfect body ended in grotesque, lifelong scars.

Doctors were shocked when the young man came into their Dusseldorf clinic with one of the worst cases of acne conglobata any of them had ever seen: His chest and upper back were canvassed in craterlike ulcers and abscesses oozing with pus.

“He had these deep, ulcerating lesions with bloody crusts,” says Dr. Peter Arne Gerber, a dermatologist who treated the young man at Heinrich Heine University in Dusseldorf, Germany. Adding insult to injury, the poor young man’s sperm count had plummeted and his testicles were in a sad little shrunken state.

“For me, personally, it was the worst case that I had ever observed,” says Gerber, who wrote an article about the case study that appeared in a recent issue of the medical journal The Lancet.

He and his colleagues immediately suspected the young amateur body builder was abusing steroids, because acne is a typical reaction to rampant roid usage.

“Steroids increase the amount of sebum, or oil, production from the sebaceous gland, and acne is a bacteria that thrives on the sebum,” says Dr. Bruce Robinson, a Manhattan dermatologist who represents the American Academy of Dermatology.

Robinson describes the sebaceous gland’s normal oil offering as a light lunch for a few bacteria, but steroid users’ glands produce enough sebum to provide the bacteria with a lavish oily feast to which they invite all of their friends. “That results in this explosive steroid acne,” he explains.

It took a persistent amount of badgering, but the amateur bodybuilder finally admitted his doping habits: He’d been using two types of anabolic steroids twice a week for several months, and the high dosage and long-term usage kicked his bloody brand of acne up a notch.

Happily, his manhood issues – the tiny testicles and paltry sperm count – returned to normal after he quit using the steroids. But Gerber says the lesions, ulcers and abscesses that covered his unfortunate upper torso crept deep into the skin’s basal membrane, the cell layer that separates the outer skin from the deeper dermis. And when that happens, from acne or any kind of damage to the skin, scarring is inevitable.
                              Attached Files

russbo.com

Comment

That's really sad. I don't strength, and a better body are really worth that. Just the drop in testosterone production from the testes would be enough, not to mention the acne. Plus my girlfriend would be pissed.
                                "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Working...
                                X