5 element theory and emotions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zachsan
    He doesn't see my point. I guess the class isn't paying attention. I'll re-quote him and supply some emphasis and maybe he'll get it.

Meanwhile he's lamenting the stupidity of Western civilization over the internet. There are so many levels of irony it's just sad... although I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks the ancient Chinese possessed a far superior, psychic internet.

At least he's got an imagination. The thing about the organs changing shape would be good for a science fiction story or something. It's just a shame he's serious about it.
    I hope no one minds the multiple posts. I like to give everyone personal attention so they feel their needs were taken care of. Addressing a group of people in one long posts makes it feel so impersonal. Like addressing a herd of cattle.
    ------------

I still fail to see your point. You requote what I said and then smile proudly as if it is self evident that there is something wrong with the statement. What is it you do not like about it?

Organs changing shape....Oh lord? Why do you punish me with these guys?

Why is it outrageous an organ would change shape? An internal organ is a soft tissue object that has no real structural strength. That is why they are protected inside of the body cavity by muscles and bones.

Have you ever eaten an organ? Like a heart or a liver? If you take a heart or a liver in your hands, it is quite easy to deform their entire shape, or to deform small areas of the organ. This is gross deformation done with the hands to make a point.

It is physically possible a similar deformation could occur on a smaller scale within the human body. There is nothing mystical or magical or nonsensical about it. It is factual reality.

Go buy a piece of cows liver and play with it. Move it around, squeeze it between your fingers. The liver will move and change shape in reaction to whatever force you apply.
    -----------

Now that the common sense is out of the way.....do you know anything about physics? Have you ever considered the concept of forces and how they interact with the world, or more specifically the human body? Do you know anything about how materials react to forces? Say, concrete will resist a force, but water will allow a force to pass through it in the form of waves.

Did you know the human body is mostly water?

Have you ever really thought deeply about kung fu, life, and the world around you? Or do you wait for someone to tell you what to think?

Comment

Originally posted by doc
      I think he's referring to a typical Chinese medical mentality, albeit an ignorant one, that going to a TCM doctor who listens to you for two minutes, feels your pulse, and looks at your tongue, can accurately diagnose you, and successfully treat you with teas that are made with various combinations of shit that are measured by hand. And things will get better....
      Wow. I am in shock. You run a shaolin website and those are your opinions of chinese medicine? You must pay those shaolin guys well to put up with you.

Did you know a chinese will do just about anything to get what they want?

Let me tell you a story that just happened today. Did you know there are no coincidences? I think this story must have happened so I could tell it to you now.

Chinese people have dealt with lots of racism over the years in the USA. Many of them still do. Much of the time when I see an Asian person being treated poorly, they stand their smiling and do not say anything. I would think it would be normal to be angry at this disrespect, but many asians just keep smiling.

But what if they buried that anger? What if they kept it all in a little room where they nurtured it? They never forgot how anyone treated them? They were just waiting for an appropriate time to respond?

My wife bought me a new jacket today. It cost $10. Can you believe it? $10 at the little chinese store for a decent jacket that will last 6 months or so. They gave her a bag at the store to carry the jacket.

On the bag is an inscription. The inscription reads " EASY MONEY Thank you sam"...............What do you think that means? Who is sam?

Sam is Uncle Sam. The bag is saying that taking money from Americans is easy. If you are current with politics, you will know there is a large trade imbalance with China that is mostly fueled by cheap imports like $10 jackets.

What the chinese are doing is they are destroying America. They are angry at their past and current treatment and they have embarked on a 40 or 50 year plan to destroy America. Part of the plan is economic attack. They undercut American industries with slave like labor. All American jobs go to China. But Americans still want to buy even if they do not have a job. So what do they do? They borrow money. Who do they borrow it from? The Chinese. The guys they already sent all their money to for all the other cheap stuff they bought.

The Chinese set back for 10 or 20 years and wait for these foolish Americans to send all of their manufacturing to China, and then go into debt so deep that the only way out is to get down on their knees and beg China to forgive it.

Are you capable of thinking long term like that? Could you be nice to someones face for 40 or 50 years, while all the time you were slowly sticking a knife in their back?

I am not so sure you really now much about Chinese or Shaolin at all.

Have you ever considered your Shaolin friends are smiling and laughing with you about how stupid TCM is, all the while thinking, "It is a pleasure to bleed this fool dry of his money while I slowly punish him for his insolence with my kung fu that he thinks is a fantasy child's game"?

You really ought to. Real kung fu power is very dangerous and usually invisible to people who profess beliefs such as yours.

Originally posted by doc
      (and if you die, well, so be it). I've seen it there, the concept of modern western medicine is not a far reaching one in China.
      Please see my response to lee about the nature of life.

Comment

Originally posted by master splinter
        happeh, just a warning.
        You are an abusive hater. Why are you warning me? This is a verbal discussion about sharing opinions.

It is your nature to speak in warnings and abuse and maliciousness. It is a product of the kung fu you practice. Your kung fu has turned you into what you are.

Most people do not understand that. They think kung fu is physical movements. Waving the legs and arms in the air. Kung fu changes your body at a basic level, and much more importantly, it will change you mentally.

The kind of kung fu you do, that turns a person into a constantly aggressive and abusive person, is suited for war time. Soldiers need to be constantly angry so they have the courage or stupidity to face death.

A real human being? There are completely different kinds of kung fu for those people. Kung fu that develops the mind so that the person is kind, compassionate and helpful. A kind, compassionate and helpful mentality is a prerequisite for some types of kung fu power. There is no other way to attain that power than to go through the mental and personality changes.

You have a very long ways to go because you are first going to have to desensitize yourself or throw off that old aggressive kung fu before you can start what I feel is a superior type of kung fu.

Comment

Originally posted by daodejing
          Yes 5 element theory describes the impact of emotions on the zangfu organs. No that doesnt mean transplantation is the dumbest idea ever, it is not without trauma to the body or spirit, but it can prolong life. If that is your goal.

Heart-joy (overexuberance-heart attack after winning the lottery)
          Lung-grief (shortness of breath after crying for days on end)
          Liver-anger (irritibility from excessive drinking, damage to liver yields anger)
          Spleen-worry (overthinking causing loss of appetite)
          Kidneys-fear (pediatric bed wetting with nightmares, kidney controls the lower orifices, including the bladder sphincters)

I would ask the original poster to look into the health or his/her liver.
          Why does it not mean that transplanatation is the dumbest idea ever?

If an internal organ is replaced by a metal or plastic construct, what happens to the emotions that the organ is responsible for? How is 5 element theory affected?

5 element theory is based on the interactions of the hear, lung, liver, spleen and kidneys according to the list above.

How is 5 element theory changed if the relationship becomes "heart, liver, kidneys, lung, plastic and metal construction of some type"?

Seems to me an entire new theory has to be formulated. They say 5 element theory took hundreds of years to develop. That would mean it will be 100's of years of observation of people with artificial organs before anyone can create a replacement or modification of 5 element theory.
          ---------

Why should I look at my liver? You should look at the abuse these people have dumped on me. Yes I should ignore it and smile. They do not understand that.

These type of people are dense as a rock. It is necessary to jump up and down and wave a red flag to get their attention and make them think. I have volunteered myself to jump up and down waving a red flag at them, even at the cost of ill health to myself.

Someone has to wake up these foolish white people before one day they wake up and realize they are second class citizens in an Asian dominated world.

Comment

Someone has to wake up these foolish white people before one day they wake up and realize they are second class citizens in an Asian dominated world.
            happen, i know just what you mean.

=========

is any one else having flash backs of Ross, aka ret law, and the Tora Or Project?

"I wasn't even aware that the Planetary Light Matrix was out of whack!!!"

fa hui
            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Wow. I am in shock. You run a shaolin website and those are your opinions of chinese medicine? You must pay those shaolin guys well to put up with you.
              I don't pay anyone anything. I've experienced TCM first hand, over many years, and have written about it extensively. Comparing it to western medicine, which, I might add, I have a significant advantage over you education wise, I'm in a relatively unique situation to compare the two. And make viable opinions about it. I stand by what I say.

Did you know a chinese will do just about anything to get what they want?
              Yes, I most certainly do.

I have to agree with the rest of your post. Your commentary about the future of China, and the future of America, rings true in my mind.
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
              russbo.com

Comment

i remember posting an interesting article on the subject a while back. by Geoff Metcalf

china's plan to control the world
                ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I love how you initiated this attention to yourself through being a royal asshole, and are now claiming moral highground. If you want to be taken seriously, you need to grow up a little.

That should be easy for you, shouldn't it? I'm sure you've developed your ch'an to an amount that you're very close to becoming a buddha yourself. And you're in tuned with your energies, right? So I'm sure you wouldn't offend anyone, seeing as how it's real bad to do so during the New Year, which happens to be in 6 days.
                  Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Where to begin.

Yes, transplants effect the body in deeper ways than your doctor may inform you of. People who've had gallbladder pathology often have difficulty making decisions, and after a cholecystectomy this can become far worse. It doesnt happen to everyone who gets the gallbladder removed but it does happen to many. Surgery is always traumatic to the body and spirit in some degree. The goal is to minimize this trauma and only perform it when need is dire.

I do not concern myself with passing judgement over whether it is "smart" goal or a "stupid" goal when a physician seeks to do whatever is in his power to keep a patient conscious and ambulatory for as long as possible. I may personally beleive that quality of life is more important than the age at one dies, but this personal beleif does not make what doctors do wrong, bad, or stupid.

You need to look into the health of your liver because the world is full of suffering and your reaction to this is anger. If your reaction to this was fear, i'd say look after your kidneys. Go back to the four noble truths, quiet your emotions, breath in stillness.

Just because a little boy has said something insulting to you does not mean you are automatically insulted. Being offended or at peace is your choice. You start a thread with anger. Furious at how others do not understand a theory which you see as so universal. And you pretend to be suprised when your rage is mocked. What was your intention from the begining? Did you seek to share this understanding with us? Did you want validation that your anger was righteous? Or was it something else? Either way, go back to the four noble truths, lead your mind with your breath, and be still water with deep currents. Mud will settle out of still water, whereas it only churns in a chaotic flow.
                    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Oh, and for the record, I'm white, and anyone who's studied any history can tell you that europeans (and not asians) conquered and/or economically subjugated most of the world in the past 1000 years. This is not something I'm proud of, but its commonly accepted as true, unlike your asian dominated world theory. I found your whole "wake up so they dont wake up 2nd class citizen in an asian dominated world" line to be little more than poorly expressed anger mixed with personal bias and mixed racial predjudices.

Zachsan, back me up on this?

Please, leave racism out of your rants. It doesnt behoove the expression of your intention.

And Happen, perhaps Jia Wei Xiao Yao San for your liver. It clears heat, calms the Shen, regulates liver qi, supports the spleen, and strengthens liver blood.

Comment

You're absolutely correct. Racism should be left out of these rants.

But, as you well know living in LA, he's got a point...
                        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                        russbo.com

Comment

Funny thing is, I'm asian.

...Did you just call me a little boy?
                          Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

In LA, race is irrevelant in politics. Money rules the city. Racial predjudices exist in persons, and communities, but its clear to all that money, and only money, rules the city. Sure the mayor is hispanic, and most of the big investors are Middle Eastern or Asian, sure, but in terms of ethnic groups holding their weight in LA, the israelis still hold more power overall than asian investors.

I really tried to word that as carefully as possible.

Sure we could say that the jewish american and israeli communities are asian, since israel lies in the middle east, but the majority of those rich mofo's are old white men. And even when races come toghether, the ties that bind are that they are all old rich men. Smoking cigars, drinking brandy, and enslaving their fellows for profit. Its a long tradition which is present in every long standing society I've ever studied. Its called capitolism. It means rich old men profiting off the blood and sweat of poor young men. But its still the game you have to play all over the world, if you dont want to stay one of those poor young men, until your a poor old man.

Comment

Wait a minute... the human body is mostly water??? Are you kidding? How did you come across such amazing knowledge? Your wisdom knows no limits, Happeh.

(Since everything apparently needs to be spelled out for you, that was sarcasm and you're a jackass.)

Moving on, the fact that organ transplants and artificial organ implants happen all the time and successfully prolong life, is material proof that certain of our organs are actually a lot like car parts and can be inserted and removed as needed, thereby contradicting your assertion that nothing could be further from the truth. I know this didn't need to be spelled out for you and you're just being a pain in the ass, because if you possess enough intelligence to use a computer, you can make that connection.

And of course our organs can change shape to varying degrees. Your assertion was that organs like the heart and the liver change shape based purely on emotions, and this this is cause of our changing facial expressions. You know that's what I have a problem with and are once again just being wilfully dense.

I knew this would happen when you first started posting on these forums, because for all your talk about thinking for yourself, there's nothing at all original about what you're saying -- or even how you're saying it -- beyond a superficial level. And as if to prove I'm right, exactly what I said would happen, did: The conversation is over because you're pretending to be too stupid to respond to my points.

Have you ever really thought deeply about kung fu, life, and the world around you?
                              Apparently not, because I don't agree with you and offer to suck your dick every evening. Give me a ****ing break.

Comment

I agree DDJ. Even if what he were saying were true, he's obviously saying it for racial reasons. It would be one thing to say "Asians are secretly dominating the world". But what he says sounds a lot more like "Asians are secretly dominating the world and may they continue to do so for thousands and thousands of years, Amen."

Consider this along with his previous assertions about the nature of life and the implication that life is essentially worthless without meeting certain conditions. Right now (as far as we know), that condition is fully functioning, natural internal organs. It could change.

It's scary shit when people think like that. Fortunately for all of us, he's a jackass.

Originally posted by Happeh
                                A real human being? There are completely different kinds of kung fu for those people. Kung fu that develops the mind so that the person is kind, compassionate and helpful. A kind, compassionate and helpful mentality is a prerequisite for some types of kung fu power.
                                Or more accurately, kind, compassionate, helpful, egotistical, argumentative and racist. Or at least the last three.

Right on with the Ret Law thing onesp1ng.

Comment

Working...
                                X