Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's up with the continuous punch???

I think you're right about Bruce's childhood, though there's a lot of bullshit info out there, especially about Bruce.

I don't know about one-upping Yip's students, though.
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Wu Longxin is offline Registered Member: no custom title Registered Member
    see ive always read that yea he did start martial arts training when he was a kid but he learned like tai qi or something from his dad i think.. then when he was like 12 , 13 , or 14 william cheung had introduced him to yip man, but yip man only taught the advance students so wong shun long did most of the teacher, but yip man still taught him privately sometimes.. but then i think when he was like 15 or so , he got into a fight with like a triad members son or something , so they sent him back to america.. but as far as i knew he only had a couple years training in wingchun... and as far as him beating the top students, we know jkd is a mixture of many styles much like mixed martials arts, and bruce had training in juijitsu.. so for all we know he couldve went there took someone to the ground where he knew they werent strong at, and beat them there... so im not saying what is or isnt true, im just saying theres plenty we dont know.. but the one thing thats known is he didnt learn the complete system.. im not tryna put the man down coz i love bruce, im just saying as far as his actually wc training went

and ive heard stories about wong shun long i dont know about bruce whooping him, not to mention yip ching, could only imagine him in his younger days, heard stories about him breaking the arms off of a wooden dummy, and its not even the actually hitting of the arms on the wood , but the amount of waist power youd have to generate to do so, sick

Now You've got me all interested... See,,,, Now I'm gonna have to look for my old books and get all "hooked on Bruce" again. I can see it now, I'll end up watching his movies over and over for a month straight, study some of his stratagies and start doubting my love of more Wushu related martial arts for something more usefull in a real fighting situation even though I'm horribly pacifistic.

Bruce was awesome though. Not only his speed, power, and skill, but he also had a magnetic personality. One of my fathers friends met him out in Cali., said he really was a great guy ! Ahhhhh R.I.P.
    "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

I heard he had a huge domineering ego...

But, whatevs, I'm still a huge fan, and when you kick ass like that, you deserve to talk crap.
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Wu Longxin is offline Registered Member: no custom title Registered Member
    yea yo i heard when he was in school he was a bully and what not, and started most of the fights you'd read about he got into... but that doesnt stop me from liking the man, from stories i heard my teacher used to be a bully as well... has anyone else heard that they used to call wingchun guys bastard gongfu, if so maybe its just a wingchun thing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123