Forms and Styles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forms and Styles

Is there any books that name all the Shaolin forms and styles?

I read somewere there is something around 300 forms.

You may have read it here. I've mentioned that before, somewhere. I've heard three hundred, I've heard two hundred, some people claim five hundred (I kind of doubt that). Decheng knows about 80, really well, and he's a good resource of them.

There's two books that are significant, but neither has them all. The Tagou book is in English, and has a description of a quite a few (can't remember exactly how many, maybe 20 or so); they use it as their textbook, or, at least, they did, prior to the "wushu" emergence. The other is DeQian's book (with Deyang), the Mandarin only encyclopedia, that has many, but not two hundred, forms described. I'm not sure how many, as it is in Mandarin only. It will not be officially translated into English. Deqian offered to sell me the rights to the book, but, considering the cost of translation, it's not worth it. It is probably the most extensive literary work on real, traditional Shaolin gong fu. The book is out of print, probably will not be reprinted, and is very hard to find, with prices on the internet going for over six hundred dollars.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Thanks Doc
      Is there a name for the book by DeQian?

Comment

I think this is the BOOK. But it says there are "10000 units in stock"...!?...but usa this as your leaping pad into your search for the book.
        "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

That's not it. That's an abridged version. I have that one too.

The original four volume set is out of print, and very difficult to find. I had a link for it at one time, but I can't find it now.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

here it is....? shaolin
            "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

Thanks guys.

Now I just have to buy it and learn Mandarin.

Man I wish docdollars were real.

Comment

Man I wish docdollars were real.
                They're not?!?!

I was going to use them to buy favours in the temple of woman..

Comment

Bring your DD's to Thailand.

We'l find a way for them to work there. Doc knows many "temples of woman".

russbo.com

Comment

They're not?!?!

I was going to use them to buy favours in the temple of woman..

Bring your DD's to Thailand.

We'l find a way for them to work there. Doc knows many "temples of woman".

Comment

Temples of Women...

You guys are great !!!!

Ha
                      "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

I heard Deqian is looking for investors to translate and reprint the books. So if anyone has a extra $75,000 laying around......

Comment

He wanted 90000 many years ago when he offered it to me, LOL

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                          X