Doc Dollars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc Dollars

Barring the fact that they may at some point be worth things of substance - I think at the moment doc dollars are a little too difficult to earn. Take for example the 10 doccents earned from someone viewing a thread you've created. That would mean if a thread you made got viewed 1000 times (seems impossible) then you would only get 100 doc dollars, which could easily be gotten from just posting a few crappy threads.

I think that you should get 100 times that amount. Instead of 10 doccents, why not 10 doc dollars period for every view. I mean it costs like 25,000+ dollars to raise your own reputation. Unless you've been given large amounts of cash from someone, or have been here posting like a maniac for years, you'll never get that much, especially with all the random things you might want to buy along the way. To make the doc dollar game more dynamic, I think it should be at least 10-100 times easier to get doc dollars, and I think that immunities should be non-existent. Where's the fun of getting 50,000 doc dollars, and then messing with other people's avatar's and names and whatnot, if people are just going to buy immunities? No fun whatsoever! Instead it just becomes a tool for the people who have been here the longest to mess with and discourage the people who are new to the forum.

Ok, now go ahead and tell me how wrong I am, and disagree with me. But ten doc dollars says that anyone who disagrees with me is simply someone with a bloated bank account. Look at the top richest people on this forum. There's no way anybody would ever be able to compete with that kind of doc dollar power unless it was easier to get doc dollars, easier to buy reputaiton, and then easier to actually mess around with others who have doc dollars. Right now the system works in practice, but the immunities completely ruin all the fun, and the severe limitations in getting doc dollars in the first place make it too hard.

I might as well make a thread called PUT SPAM HERE, and fill it up with a hundred thousand replies just to beef up our money.

And don't think that something like that is 'illegal' either! It's not spamming up the forum if it's one thread designed for it. It's just a money making scheme, like any other. If the semi-capitalist russbo mini economy is ever goign to do ANYTHING other than stagnate, there's going to have to be some new players, and some people willing to bend the rules.

Consider this post fair warning that the spam thread will be created shortly.

Speaking of doc dollars and the estore, suddenly I am having difficulty accessing the bank, and it only shows 2 sections that I can purchase things from, vs the much larger list that was there before.

Now when I go to the bank it tells me: You are not allowed to purchase this item.

And the only options I have access to are

Mod Permission Options, and Forum Options.

Glitch in the system? A moderator changing things behind the scenes? Any ideas?

Comment

Besides, it seems to me like a spam thread is like going to work. Time = money after all, so they say.

Comment

Onesp1ng was the king of making money. He did it in the Colliseum, back when I had it "connected" to the bank. I'll have to get that figured out again.

You also get DD's when visitors read your posts. You can increase it with betting, if the Underworld ever gets back online with that (Zachsan...).

I don't make those settings, though I can adjust them. With all the factors involved, it's a complicated system that I can't really fathom. But I appreciate the input, and am open to suggestions.

let me try to get the arcade stuff making money for people again, first. It's on the list for today.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

the arcade was the most logical means to acquire wealth, when it was working, and it will make things a lot more interesting once it's set up that way again. the ddollars i currently have were not made through the arcade, however. i don't think anyone has ddollars that were earned via the arcade right now, because after one of the last site updates the system changed and those ddollars were all taken away.

of course there are still ways to earn docdollars other than posting, you just have to figure it out.
          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I stil have no idea how Doc Dollars work... man shows what I know..
            The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

Well, figured out, again (I had forgotten), that I can't get the Arcade/Colliseum to get money into people's accounts without upgrading the entire board. A process, which literally, could take weeks. And which will destroy some of the functionality of what we have. I don't have the time right now to do it.

I'll look into upping the "reimbursements" to see if people can make more money with their posts.
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

I've updated the prices. Look in the Site Announcements and Technical Support section. Not sure if the Arcade/Colliseum gives you money with the new upgrades.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                X