No announcement yet.

Shi Yan Ming????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your right I would think you just copied what I wrote because everything you just said i have seen happen here with me as well... Even down to finding a good teacher that teaches what he knows and is honest about what he doesnt... or to yan ming just teaching wushu basics and claiming to know 200 forms that no one has ever seen before...
    The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

I am surprised that no one as far as i know has not sued him why did you not sue him you had a good case did you not? Isn't law suits part of the american way?

Comment

Well, thought about it.. few people I know told me I should've... I REALLY didnt want that agrivation.... besides... these shaolin guys are crazy enough who knows what crazy shit they might do if you back them inot a corner and attack their leader... I mean ive seen guys get red in the face and want to hurt someone when yan ming was talked down upon... I was at this party once ar a girls apartment and an old student was telling a newer guy that he didnt like yan ming so much and this guy got MAD... started to get real emotional and had tears in his eyes 2 people had to step in to end the conversation before it developed inot a shouting match and then into who knows what...

When I say USAST fanatics are crazy I'm not being figurative i am being extremely literal... they are in fact fanatic in a very real sense...

Besides I'm near 100% sure at some point in the future the place will implode anyways... So, it doesnt really matter what I do its almost inevitable... Jsut as in the past there have been mass exodus' of students to other schools... After why event i know a number of people left...

Guess sueing is the american why, but its just not my style...
        The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

okay i understand. You don't need to explain the crazy part to me I see it often in todays kung fu world. I made an open challenge in my club daring anyone to face me in a match no holds barred but no one took it. It was an honest challenge in the spirit of real kung fu. After that nobody dared say shit in front of me, behind me is something else though. But I know that when other younger students or students who are not as headstrong as others try to talk about things they think could be better they get into trouble with the fanatics. Better to stay clear of them as you say. As you believe USAST will implode so did I believe our club would and now their end is at hand. This law suit will put the master and some of his followers in jail. The club has allready lost most of it's students and is not attracting new ones like it used to since the senior students allways disapear after they get good at the basics he teach. I'm sure can relate to that too. I remember in my early days at the club, when I too was a believer. One of the students who had been helping with the instruction told me that for some reason allmost all the advanced students disapear after a while. None of us could understand why but I told him I was going to get really good and never leave the club it was my club and the master knows so much gong fu, he said he knew tons of forms and applications for them etc. He knew some but only maybe 10% of what he claimed to know, his xinyi and bagua were all a joke learned from some demo video. Bluffing will not pay off in the long run

Comment

wow if i didnt know better I'd say you've trained at USAST... same thing happens there advanced students end up leaving cause its all basics.. everyone says to themselves the same thing. "im gonna get good and not leave" but in the end they eventually leave too... There are only a handful of long timers there and to be totally honest their gong fu aint so good.. lots of technical mistakes..

Comment

When all this you all write here is true, i wonder why Shi De Yang has so much respect for Shi Yan Ming:
              This video was cut together over the course of a few all-nighters by several of Shifu Shi Yan Ming's disciples to celebrate his 10th year of spreading Shaoli...

minute 2:30

Comment

and yet no one else does... well maybe not NO ONE but you get the idea. I never met de yang myself. only heard of him getting in hot water with yong xin, who isnt right. maybe doc could enlighten us more of their relation i know hes met de yang a few times.

I'm guessing you train at shaolin now. Who are you? I might know who you are.

Comment

remind me to explain this later. I"m on the road..
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                  russbo.com

Comment

will do. to be honest i never really thought about it before now.

Comment

not to make any statement on the relationship between shi deyang and shi yanming, but just a few months ago i was looking at the pictures from the usast visit to china a few years back that shi deyang had hanging at his school in dengfeng.

when asked casuallly if he and yanming were good friends, expecting an obvious yes, deyang replied briefly with "以前是" (yiqian shi). which literally means "formerly were"- in the past, before, previously.

now, that could have just meant that now they are far from each other. i just found it an odd reply considering their history as far as i've known it, but didnt inquire further as he went on to point out certain people in the pictures such as bokeem woodbine.

all i know of their relationship is that they were apparently extremely close in the past. and i have no reason to believe that would have changed.

but in relation to this thread, shi deyang also spoke very respectfully of shi yongxin, and i know for a fact he is not exactly on level terms with him.

deyang is just a very respectful person and treats everyone with that sort of attention. when they are around him they are the world.

Comment

Hm... i just wanted to hint with my videolink that maybe Shi De Yang's description of Shi Yan Ming says more than this four pages here...

Comment

You should read the other threads about him and other shaolin monks here. Thats tells you more than any bs made up propoganda form him ever will.

Comment

besides, that video is old now. my impressions and opinions of certain people have indeed been flipped around after some years. what you say once may be what you mean at that time, but may not always be the same.

but again... i'm just posting to say you cant speak one way or another for anyone!

Comment

Saying we used to be good friends, is a diplomatic way of distancing yourself from controversy.

Besides its not chan to have oppinions on or allocate blame onto others. I'd be very surprised if you find any "Shaolin" out there having an oppinion on either Shi Yan Ming or Shi Guo Lin other than to note that both have recently found themselves in controversial positions and that they can attest to their good character or intentions.

Chicken

Comment

You all probably know more than me about kung fu and shaolin, but when i read through the comments about shi yan ming, some critics may be justified but i get the impression that a lot of statments are made cause people are angry or at odds with yan ming.
                                ...just my thoughts when i found that thread

Comment

Working...
                                X