Shi Yan Ming????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iron Cross
    I think both doc and lu are right on this one. The people that turn these schools into the cult type places they are now are the ones who are lost in their own lives and NEED a spiritual leader. They need it so bad when they don't find one they will make one to follow. Though unfortunately for them there are far too many people who are willing and eager to take advantage of their vulnerability and proclaim they have all the answers if only they will follow them. Of course any rational person knows that these guys dont have any answers. In fact they are just as human as the rest of us. When you realize that, I mean ACTUALLY realize it, then you can see them for hat they are. Not enlightened masters that are on another plane of knowledge that we cannot understand so we must excuse their actions, but selfish, petty, greedy, ignorant fools that are even most lost and lonely in this world that the people the con into following them. I truly feel sorry for yan ming and others like him. When the classes end and his followers go home he must be truly miserable when he is alone with his thoughts.
    you mean, as opposed to the ppl that make one out of nansaying the same?

Comment

Is blooming tianshi lotus the new Arhat?

Comment

Maybe she IS arhat. lol. I never read anything she writes because it usually makes no sense and sounds like she is speaking in tongues. So, whatever.
        The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

Big difference between Arhat and BL.

You might want to do a search on BL in the Doc's Hospital section...

She's different, but, she's part of the gang. Along with Happeh and Moobhoktotooto, WTF his name is.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

the comment kind of reminds of me thiis kind of thing

[quote self ]
            Originally posted by ForemanRules

Outside the limit of our sight
            they're feeding off us.

Wake up.
            They're all around you.
            http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=19135

that's cute. at shaolin buddhism , or rather, ..buddhanature, we kind of got that bit. I guess that 's why we're such an outthere and in mongst it kind of ppl. we're saying the slaves are going to hear how to emancipate thereselves. Godknows how, but the mayans wrote about it too. the only way Iii see that happening, is for ppl to do the fukin right thing.

on a serious note though, ( lol :-)..give it a moment)that's exactly how qi works and why we need to keep levels high and finding more sources for renewal in the way of, for example, those projects you were telling us about that you plan to take on down the track. get it. wasn't it a good movie, though.
            comforting , isn't it..
            hey.:-).

I'm going to send out some referrals to come check this out. Good word choice. Dont you think.? I'll risk your lives with me . Who's next .....?

nearly makes you want to go samuri or robe, no?
            Dont be affraid.
            amituofo.

Blooming tianshi lotus.

[end quote]

Comment

Yeah...........

Comment

Blooming, what are you actually trying to say? Are you into some acting mystical shi. or do you have problems expressing your thoughts in writing? I try to always read every post in the threads even when they seem full of nonsense but now I'm reconsidering...

Comment

No coincidence then that your perception of mystical cursing should out of the same ignorance it was born of then lead you to that. ..speaking of the thread topic. @). Read any sutras lately?

peace.

Comment

Eat a d...

Comment

• Originally posted by master-lu
                      Blooming, what are you actually trying to say? Are you into some acting mystical shi. or do you have problems expressing your thoughts in writing?
                      Um, yes.

If she gets too out of line fouling up the threads, she'll go back to HELL. I'm trying to be tolerant...
                      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

• Eat a D? ..

Thank you for the suggestion.

That quote was from a member at the forum I posted a link to and my response to him. It was a discussion about ignorance, so I decided that it is relevant and appropriate to the current discussion.

I hope that de-mystifies it for you.

Blooming tianshi lotus.

Comment

• you're welcome it was the fiest suggestion i could think of!

Comment

• Yan Ming's Defection
                            The real reason why he defected is because he didn't want to go back to Shaolin Temple while on tour in the united state. In the hotel, he steal money from other brother monks and leave the hotel in the middle of the night. After Abbot Shi Yongxin was notify of Yan Ming actions, Yan Ming was blacklisted from the temple. This is why Yan Ming cut his ties with Shaolin Temple. Yan Ming is not an ordained monk. Like many Shaolin Masters who learn kung fu, the general entry label is "Shaolin Monk or Shaolin Warrior" You are not a true ordain monk until you take vows and receive precept branding marks. Not many true monks in this world right now. Yan Ming is a independent Shaolin Practitioner. He is not a Shaolin Monk or a Shaolin Temple representative.

Being a monk is a choice. There are certain vows to follow if you choose to be a monk, vegetarian, celibate, no drug/alcohol... Yan Ming teaches the wrong message. Yes in Shaolin history it is said that the Emperor rewarded the monks with a day of freedom, but the Emperor did not own or create the vows of being a monk, therefore just because the Emperor wanted to show a reward does not mean all monks ran off to marry and eat meat. The real monks who chose to follow the vows will continue to follow their own choice. So Yan Ming only use the term "monk" for business because people in the united states does not know how to verify his history. Its sad to say, but it seems like many Shaolin Masters from other countries outside of China respect and follow the Shaolin traditions more out of respect for the ancient culture than some Chinese Masters. In America, it is easy for any Asian person who learn Shaolin from China to capitalize off of unknowing Americans.

It is good for people around the world to carry on the ancient traditions, but beware of those who break the rules and use for their own benefit.

Amituofo

Comment

• That's not the whole story... And Yongxin was not abbot in 1991 or 1992, when the event took place.

russbo.com

Comment

• Yongxin was ordained in 1981 and was disciple of then Abbot Xingzheng. When Xingzheng died in 1987, Yongxin presided over Shaolin Temple in 1988 and officially took office as the Abbot in 1999.

Comment

Working...
                                X