Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Shaolin Manuscript(Shaolin Wugong) Series Translation Project - Proposition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Shaolin Manuscript(Shaolin Wugong) Series Translation Project - Proposition

Official Shaolin Manuscript(Shaolin Wugong) Series Translation Project - Proposition -

Shaolin Masters,Monks and True practitioners ,

I would like to ask your opinion on translating the ten volumes of Shaolin Wugong Manuscript series

As you know Shaolin Wugong Manuscript Series consists of ten volumes of 450 pages and based on professional translation cost facts [450pages * 10=4500 * $60($60=cost of every 1000 characters of translation + proof reading by Shaolin Master Shi De Qian and Shaolin Master Zhu Tian Xi)=$270000]it would require at least 500 persons(270000/500=$540) to be affordable for the ones really intertested in Shaolin Way in general.

As you know all efforts so far do not have the complete authorisation of Shaolin Si and there is no verification the proof-readers were Shaolin Monks or Masters.

Since it is a matter of Shaolin popularisation an authorisation from Shaolin Temples would be nesecary.

I will introduce my project in all Shaolin related forums.I am interested in evolving this effort to the translation/popularisation of all Shaolin Manuscrpits.

In my country as in many places in the world the name of Shaolin Si is used for profit alone with masters that spent time in Shaolin Si adding the word traditional in order to mutate core principles of Shaolin Way to Wushu Skills(with all respect to Wushu tradition.I am refering to the absense of Shaolin Chan teachings and concepts)

Should the Shaolin Way be popularised ?

Is it wise for the ones really interested in Shaolin to be informed in accordance to
    principles of profit ?

As you can see your opinion is needed

Will Shaolin as an infinite concept form evolve faster that way or not ?

Are you interested in being part of this effort ?

P.s.:I am cooperating for this effort with LINK REMOVED DOC

P.s.1:Yes I am doing it for my profit in low cost of translation too but that is not the my first reason since I could buy the volumes and proceed in index based translation

TANKS FOR YOUR TIME
    Attached Files

Have you considered the fact that you are all most probably going to be in copyright violation?

I know Shi De Qian well, and we've been through this issue before, when people were trying to translate his book without his permission. I got in the middle of that years ago.

Understand your motivation, as this is all great stuff, but there are laws. And these laws, as I see in Beijing now with the copycat stuff, are being enforced by both sides of the pond.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Forum User Doc,

I HAVE PERMISSION

PLEASE CONTACT LINK REMOVED DOC TO VERIFY MY WORDS

ASK ANYTHING YOU WANT ME TO PROVE

I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP

Comment

I mite be interested in helping out.
        Tell us more about the Shaolin Wugong Manuscript's and why we should translate these over Shi Deqian's Encyclopedia.

Comment

TEAM TRANSLATION PROJECT

Forum User Azz,

You set an important aspect here.

I have to clarify that my effort is starting from the Shaolin Wugong Manuscript Series(10 volumes) AND WILL CONTINUE TO THE TRANSLATION OF ALL SHAOLIN MANUSCRIPTS OFFICIAL AND UNOFICIAL.

In a short time I will create the related site based on the EAM TRANSLATION PROJECT.

-All in need of official information from Shaolin Si in order to seriously enhance their Saolin training will be benefited.I have already translated a few chaspters from the first Shaolin Encyclopedia proof-readed by Shaolin Master Shi De Qian himself.The reason I am starting from Shaolin Wugong is to aid in comparison training[The comparison between the Shaolin Heritage in Shaolin Wugong Series and all of Shaolin Master Shi De Qian's work( in Which Official information from the destroyed Shaolin Temple resides)not only will lead the practitioner to various states of enlightenment but greatly contribute Shaolin and Shaolin Si evolution]

-The more interested in the project the lower he price of project entrance /membership/cost of books will be

-Major publishing houses will be contacted upon the construction of the site.

In future projects and depending on interest flow all Shaolin,Wudang,Emei,Taoism e.t.c documents are to PROFESSIONALLY TRANSLATED

THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST

Comment

PROJECT UPDATE

SHAOLIN MASTER SHI DE QIAN'S SHAOLIN ENCYCLOPEDIAS(FIRST AND LATEST EDITIONS)WILL BE ADDED TO THE SHAOLIN WUGONG BOOK SERIES TRANSLATION AS ADDED CHAPTERS WITHOUT ALTERING THE ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPTS COMPOSITION LEAVING THE TRANSLATION MEANING INTACT.

THE PARTICIPATION TO THE PROJECT/BOOKS PRICE(They are the same) REMAINS THE SAME

For further information contact LINK REMOVED DOC

P.S.:ASK ANYTHING

Comment

What I don't get is that how you are going to have cohesive text(s) if you have mulitple translators working on it?

And how are you going to check the translator's abilities, and how is the quality control going to work? Its just that many people, particularly Chinese, think that if you can manage 100 words in english, you can translate.

Project entrance, membership cost, price of books? What you are going to have to pay to be part of the translation team? There is going to be membership involved?

What experience do you have Librarian in translating and in managing a massive translations project?

Please help me to overcome the wishful thinking perception that you are giving me Librarian... like Doc, I two start to feel that this is all not very thoroughly thought through yet.

Chicken

Comment

I don't think that they've figured out the Chinese in these books is old style traditional, which is difficult to translate. The grammar is different than the recent pre 1948 traditional Mandarin. That's for one.

For two, Deqian talked to me about these very things, two weeks ago. He most certainly didn't like the fact that people were translating his books. And he's sensitive about the copyright on this one, in particular. He went as far as asking me for help in finding these people.

I'm going to be terribly surprised if this guy really has his permission to do this.
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

From another post of his, that I deleted, because it was in an inappropriate place in the forums, and, because it's starting to look like he's spamming with this concept. He might want to start by getting Yong Xin's name correct...
                  Forum Users,

....is translating Shaolin Wugong Book Series.

Are they aware of the person who was responsible of writing these series ?

Is their work proof readed by Shaolin Masters or only edited by Shaolin Temples curent Abbot(With all respect to Shaolin Abbot Shi Yun Shin) ?

russbo.com

Comment

mmm... sounds to me that a conversation was had over a dinner, like:

(and I apologise in advance that I can't parse Librarian like LFJ can!)
                    Librarian: Its a shame that western people can't read the body of writing that exists in Chinese on Shaolin.
                    De Qian: Yes this is a great shame
                    Librarian: I know, it would be good if they were all translated?
                    De Qian: Yes very good.

Librarian then thinks he's got permission to go ahead and translate the whole work.
                    He then goes banding it about the internet that he's in charge of the project.
                    You know we've seen this before, its very BTL!

Problem is that if you want someone to promote this project you'd find someone like yourself, Doc or Gene, or another individual who has excellent literacy skills, including the ability to efficiently communicate the meaning of what they are trying to impart.

Given that Librarian is clearly the weakest link in this entire idea, and he's heading up the (probably ficticious) project, I think we can rest assured that this is all going no-where.

You know, epic translation works have happened. Usually someone takes it on themselves to translate, and with resolute determination, holes up and does the translation over a number of years. Actually its all very Damo like, and if Librarian was to do this, you would have to respect his commitment, even if then it did take a team of professional translation writers to go back and achieve a cohesive text. Only I just don't get it. The whole point of Damo sitting in the cave was that he wasn't down in the monastry reading scriptures, because he didn't believe that that would make any difference to his quest for enlightenment, he thought it would all come from within. Therefore I conclude that the premise of translating the books to enlighten others is a misnomer in the first place if they consider themselves to be chan buddhists.

Anyway, so lastly I think this is very sad, because now its making De Qian concerned about infringements... he shouldn't have to worry about such stuff, he doesn't deserve it.

Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by Chicken
                      Anyway, so lastly I think this is very sad, because now its making De Qian concerned about infringements... he shouldn't have to worry about such stuff, he doesn't deserve it.

Chicken
                      Very true. And he does. He has me on a mission to find the guy in Florida that translated one of his works from 1992, without permission.

How the hell I'm supposed to find that is beyond me...

russbo.com

Comment

Forum User Chicken,

And how are you going to check the translator's abilities, and how is the quality control going to work? Its just that many people, particularly Chinese, think that if you can manage 100 words in english, you can translate.
                        What experience do you have Librarian in translating and in managing a massive translations project?
                        Project entrance, membership cost, price of books? What you are going to have to pay to be part of the translation team? There is going to be membership involved?

I am not part of neither the translation nor the editing teams,I simply inform all interested in this effort.

You only have to pay for the books,the participation in the project is included in the price.By refering to participation,being part on an online contact with Shaolin Masters and book add on comment discussions is what is ment(in other words your opinion can modify the books so as to be more comprehensive.There will also be a online poll on the External book cover design)

Please help me to overcome the wishful thinking perception that you are giving me Librarian... like Doc, I two start to feel that this is all not very thoroughly thought through yet.
                        With all respect,you should exact a more thorough view on this subject.I have already mentioned many times about the quality level of the project furthermore I have given an email that can prove my words

Comment

Forum User Doc,

I don't think that they've figured out the Chinese in these books is old style traditional, which is difficult to translate. The grammar is different than the recent pre 1948 traditional Mandarin. That's for one.

For two, Deqian talked to me about these very things, two weeks ago. He most certainly didn't like the fact that people were translating his books. And he's sensitive about the copyright on this one, in particular. He went as far as asking me for help in finding these people.

I'm going to be terribly surprised if this guy really has his permission to do this.
                          Have you contacted

I thought what you neededwas proof of officiality.Please correct me if I am wrong on your intention.

Comment

Forum User Doc,

From another post of his, that I deleted, because it was in an inappropriate place in the forums, and, because it's starting to look like he's spamming with this concept. He might want to start by getting Yong Xin's name correct...
                            Can the clarification that the main contributor and editor of the Shaolin Wugong Book series was Shaolin Master Shi De Qian be called spam/spamming ?

Since you have "accepted"/received teachings from Shaolin Master Shi De Qian you should be able to see throug the obvious and attempting to "crush" Nothingness.

Can that be seen by removing the notification of the proofreadin LINK REMOVED DOC

or by removing instead of correcting my spelling mistake ?

Do you respect Shaolin Master Shi De Qian's efforts trough the years by removing valuable information from interested in obtaining official information Shaolin Si ?

I am not trying to offend you yet I haveto clarify that I am morethan serious about this project

As Shaolin Master Shi De Qian shouldn't you first clarify the quality of work of Dr.Charles Mattera.Shaolin Master Shi De Qian has given his life to offer knowledge to the ones need breakig the boundries between Shaolin Temple and the world.

Shaolin Temple is located in all truelly willing to evolve without harm,becoming Shaolin Spirit themselves

Comment

ForumUser Chicken,

I do respect your opinion yet I have to recomend that when refering to real life scenarios on has to use justfull proofs.

Forum User LFJ obtains valuable knowledge for someone outside the Shaolin Temple.

(
                              and I apologise in advance that I can't parse Librarian like LFJ can!)
                              Librarian: Its a shame that western people can't read the body of writing that exists in Chinese on Shaolin.
                              De Qian: Yes this is a great shame
                              Librarian: I know, it would be good if they were all translated?
                              De Qian: Yes very good.

Librarian then thinks he's got permission to go ahead and translate the whole work.
                              He then goes banding it about the internet that he's in charge of the project.
                              You know we've seen this before, its very BTL!

Problem is that if you want someone to promote this project you'd find someone like yourself, Doc or Gene, or another individual who has excellent literacy skills, including the ability to efficiently communicate the meaning of what they are trying to impart.

Given that Librarian is clearly the weakest link in this entire idea, and he's heading up the (probably ficticious) project, I think we can rest assured that this is all going no-where.

Have you contacted Shaolin Master Shi De Qian ?

You know, epic translation works have happened. Usually someone takes it on themselves to translate, and with resolute determination, holes up and does the translation over a number of years. Actually its all very Damo like, and if Librarian was to do this, you would have to respect his commitment, even if then it did take a team of professional translation writers to go back and achieve a cohesive text. Only I just don't get it. The whole point of Damo sitting in the cave was that he wasn't down in the monastry reading scriptures, because he didn't believe that that would make any difference to his quest for enlightenment, he thought it would all come from within. Therefore I conclude that the premise of translating the books to enlighten others is a misnomer in the first place if they consider themselves to be chan buddhists.

I suppose your opinion on Shaolin Grandmaster Da Mo's work clarifies your overall view on this project.

Define Enlightment

What is the meaning of Crushing Nothingness ?

With all respect.The actual meaning of showing off is to present an opinion without knowing if it is right or wrong(willfully ignoring about this fact) only for the reason to “be part of” and cover the self created internal illussional gap.

That was what Shaolin Grandmaster Da Mo wanted to pass and taught with his manuscripts.

The choise to penetrate illussions and shatter dellussion achieving ultimate realisation.

Attaining Void

Comment

Working...
                              X