Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Qi Gong Psychotic Reactions.

G, it's simple.

If you're not deluded, then you're enlightened.

If you're not enlightened, they you're deluded.

And, from my view on things, almost everyone is deluded to some degree.

And, in America, incredibly ****ing stupid.

But that's just my opinion.

Time for me to get out of here and get to Thailand...
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

it seems simple enough. i understand the concept; it's the logic of it all that gets me.

it's the 'eliminativist' in me. lol...

i suppose i just don't see how it captures the human condition. it's as if we're these messed up barrels of tainted liquid begging for a proper filter and spicket.

does it have to be one or the other? and is it like a goal to not be the other?
    Last edited by onesp1ng; 12-11-2008 at 03:35 PM.

It's totally Buddhist, sorry.
    Basically, the goal is to be enlightened, rather than deluded.
    Delusion doesn't mean a 'bad' thing as such, only that you're stuck in samsara.
    And we're not messed up... we're all enlightened really.
    But yeah, it does paint a pretty bad picture of reality - this world is just messed up and we want to escape.
    But then when you've understood some of the teachings, you'll see that it is pretty damned bad.
    I can tell you a hell of a lot about pain, sickness, death, old age, etc.
    (not my old age or death, but pain and sickness I have by the bucketfull).

Though that means I see myself as fortunate because I see these things because I experience them. Take the basic story of Shakyamuni Buddha; he didn't experience those things at all, because his Father wouldn't allow it. As soon as he did, he realised the world was just suffering.

I hope that explains a bit more...

Djon Ma
    Karma Dechen Djon Ma
    "For as long as space endures, And as long as living beings remain, Until then may I too abide, To dispel the misery of the world."
    Shantideva

djon alot of people here have done a hefty amount of research on buddhism..i know i have. ive probably forgotten more then i remember but in the end i think my grasp of the religion is pretty good.

i dont agree though that life is suffering as much as a life spent being self serving is in the end suffering. but life itself doesnt have to be suffering, bad things happen all the time, u just gotta roll with the punches.

the way i see it if bad things happen to you and they dont make you stronger or wiser then you are lacking the very intuition i think would be a good word that life imho is all about.

u could go and say oh attatchment is suffering and bla bla but thats all part of the human experience. allowing yourself to experience emotions and attatchment ingeneral is crucial
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

i disagree. I apologize but this stuff angers me. Some guy trying to take advantage of the naivety of americans when it comes to exercise?(no joke intended,lol)

kundalini will NOT cause you develop psychosis. yoga will NOT cause you to develop psychosis.

How can these people tell whether or not the subjects did not already have lingering mental illness?

If i could, i would give the author of this article a book on kundalini and tell him to read it, and suggest that he talks to an expert on the subject, since it seems to me his research is one sided, i could be wrong. I dont junk like this because to me it sounds one sided and biased, thats my opinion but feel free to correct my uneducated ass..

It sounds more like ADD to me.

Here are 3 ways to help with mental or subliminal distractions.

~dont look, close your eyes, block your peripheral vision if you have to.

~personal mantra

~Picture yourself
    Last edited by master splinter; 12-14-2008 at 07:17 PM.
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Quote Originally Posted by master splinter View Post

How can these people tell whether or not the subjects did not already have lingering mental illness?
    That's an excellent point. It also goes along with the whole mindset of some people that you find in the martial arts, what I call the "master worship" syndrome.

People who's lives are so empty, or who are so emotionally needful, that they cling to these martial arts teachers and elevate them to demigod status.

Where have we seen this before....
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

By the way... my comments were from the perspective of someone with a serious mental health disability.
    And I was saying that I understand how it could cause psychosis in someone with my problems, or similar problems.
    I have BiPolar disorder. I could see it causing problems in people with that, or schizoaffective disorder, or other similar problems.
    I didn't mean it would do it to everyone.

Djon Ma
    Karma Dechen Djon Ma
    "For as long as space endures, And as long as living beings remain, Until then may I too abide, To dispel the misery of the world."
    Shantideva

psichosis is to be cut off from realiti, pali: dhamma, and live in a world of fantasi

here is a video documentari about the suffering of cows for leather in india

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs....skin-trade-ili
    Namo Guan Yin Pusa / Dont create suffering / Dont harm animals!

Psychosis is nothing about fantasy.
    You can get delusions whilst in psychosis, but it's not like that really.
    It's... difficult to explain.

Djon Ma
    Karma Dechen Djon Ma
    Shantideva

But who suffers from psychosis? How many people will watch this petatv video about animal suffering and really get connected with reality instead of living in their imagination and desire? As buddhists they should not spread psychosis and know the reality of animal suffering instead of denying it...

Peace and love
    Namo Guan Yin Pusa / Dont create suffering / Dont harm animals!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast