Nanhai Kungfu School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nanhai Kungfu School

First of all, great site. Answered alot of my questions regarding living in China and choosing the right martial arts school.

I have been looking for a martial arts school in China, and staying there for around one or two months with the possibility of extending my stay if the teaching is of a good standard. Nantai Kungfu School caught my eye due to the location and reasonably good accomdation (Compared to other places I have looked at).

The school does not appear to be mentioned elsewhere on the internet, which does worry me slightly, but in some ways this may be a good thing as I am not looking for an extremely commercialized location.

I wondered if you had every heard anything of this school before, and had any opinions on it?

Once again, superb site and thanks in advance.
    The commentary is typical (from the web site):
    Born in 1974, Master Shi yanting was named Cao wenting. He went to shaolin temple to learn martial arts when he was 9 years old. He learnt from gradmaster and the leader of shaolin temple master Shi yongxin.
    As I've mentioned before, a few years ago, it seems to be a common directive to mention that Yongxin is your grandmaster and gong fu teacher, that is, if you want to "survive" in present day Shaolin.

This school is somewhere in Henan province. As far as I've seen, most of them are the same. They teach the same stuff. The only differences seem to be how they have learned to deal with foreigners. Some do better than others; some have better accomodations and facilities than others.

I have no experience with this school, nor do I know where exactly it is. My only suggestion is to try it for two to four weeks, and enjoy the experience. As previously mentioned elsewhere, "signing up" for longer than that is fraught with probably financial disaster.

Good luck, let us know what happens.

doc
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

I dont know too much about it .also I truely have no experience about it.
    maybe someone who made it can tell us more.

Comment

Working...
    X