Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you know about the Yin Yang Symbol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of these years when you wake up, you will be told the answer by your guardian angel or some kind telepathic soul. Then you will feel chagrin at the way you treated Happeh, and you will be angry at yourself at how much time you wasted because you did not trust or believe him.
    Aww.

If you are a thinking person, I can promise you there is a connection here. It might take you 5 years to see it, but there is a connection. Don't give up. If you leave this forum and never read this thread again, do not forget there is a connection between the photos.
    You think.

Look, nobody wants to play these games with you. Tell us what you think the connection is and show us your evidence. Otherwise, stop whining about how we're the ones with nothing to say.

Comment

interesting theory, Doc.
      No Chumbas, por favor!

Comment

Originally posted by doc
        Quite honestly Happeh, your question about the yin yang symbol is a good one. Though I have read many things about the origins of yin and yang, I know absolutely nothing about the symbol. I think most of the rest of us probably feel the same way. It's kind of like a traffic light; it's something that you've seen for your whole life, but you have no god damn idea as to why some guy designed it that way a hundred years ago.
        You ban me for making abusive posts. I told you what goes around comes around. When I came back, you said I posted like a baby. I told you you had a bald head like a baby.

You stopped the abuse. I thought you had got the message that aggression gave no benefit to either of us. Then you print that stuff above.

You are a bonehead. You may be rich, you may be a doctor, you may have a fan club, but you are a loudmouth bonehead. No wonder you attract other loud mouth boneheads.

I have not even begun to speak about what I wrote this thread for, and you are telling me I do not know what I am talking about.

You are no different that Gene Ching. Shooting his mouth off before the conversation has even really begun.

A man claiming to be a big shot in charge of things. Ya you are Gene are in charge of things. You are in charge of the Russbo.com daycare center for kids, and Gene Ching is in charge of the Kung Fu magazine daycare center for kids.

Fools like you hold the progress of the entire human race back. Why don't you do everyone a favor and give up kung fu and close down this site? It is people like you and your coterie that make everyone think kung fu is a joke.

Your stupidity and the stupidity of your fellows is hastening the degeneration of kung fu in the western world.
        Last edited by Happeh; 06-23-2007, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carona
          The symbol of yin and yang is also known as taiji or taijitu and is a representation of Taoism itself. It is a proces not a state.

Yin and Yang are opposites but not in a seperated way. You can fill in whatever you want like night/day, cold/warm, black/white, male/female,...etc.
          The character for yin contains the character for moon and the one for yang contains the one for sun.
          Yin was used to name the northern and colder mountainside and yang the southside which faces the sun. Over time yang got linked to sunlight and yin with shadow and from there on to all interlinked opposites.

HTML Code:
          there is one shape
          One is the Dao.
          According to taoist beliefs yin can't exist without yang and the other way around. They need eachother and can't be separated, so they are represented within the same symbol.

HTML Code:
          a circle
          Taoism sees time in a cyclical way and not linear. Time is a succesion of rises and decays. Cyclical so that's why it's a circle.

HTML Code:
          , two colors, black and white
          Every yin still has some yang in it and vice versa so that's why within the black area there still is a white dot and vice versa. Black obviously being the opposite of white and representing the light and the shadow as mentioned before.
          The Corean flag uses yin yang symbol but uses Blue and Red.

HTML Code:
          , and a single curved line
          Then there is the idea that at the climax of yin it will change into yang and the other way around. Like the rise/decay/rise/decay... etc. To represent this constant changing the flowing line in the middle is used because this invokes an idea of movement. As if one wants to enter into the other

Now to apply this to fighting: If there is no attack, there is no need for defense, they need each other. Attack and defense form one unity and can't be separated. It is a proces with a lot of changes where both try to enter into the defense of the other and change the existing balance between their forces.

HTML Code:
          I look at the world around me and I wonder what in that world could be connected to the Yin Yang sign
          The classic mistake people make when doing phisycs. They think the empiric rules order what happens in nature, which obeys the laws of phisycs.
          But nature was here before our philosophers and scientistst. People started observing and learning and finally they had theories and found some laws to be coherent with what they saw.
          Yin yang symbol is a representation of what happens in nature.
          So you could better think "I look at the world around me and I wonder what in that world could be represented by the Yin Yang sign"

And the answer is everything and nothing.
          Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah....Blah Blah Blah Blah.

Yes you have reprinted just about everything they write in the books. But no, you did not answer the question.

I told you that looking to others is a waste of time. They lie. If you want to figure it out, you either listen to me, or you do it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Carona
            found this

Happeh, could you enlighten the rest of us now?
            Carona found a bunch of scientist talking shite. They repeat lots of historical crap, but do they tell you what the Yin Yang sign itself can tell you about the human body or other things? No.

So what about this big fancy looking stuff? These people spent $20,000 for college to be trained in speaking bullshit. Being trained in speaking bullshit will get you a job, but you are still the same stupid person you were before the training.

You cannot teach smarts and curiosity. It is something innate. If you are a lazy that wants people to spoon feed you, you made your choice, so live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by zachsan

Look, nobody wants to play these games with you. Tell us what you think the connection is and show us your evidence. Otherwise, stop whining about how we're the ones with nothing to say.
              Sorry little boy.

If you want something from me, you will act like a courteous and friendly adult, and then I will deal with you.

I am not going to reward your nasty behavior. It looks like I will have to train you to be a human being, before I train you to be a kung fu man.

Comment

I can't be mean without trying to balance it. That is what kung fu is about.

What I want to write in this thread would make me world famous if it was printed in a big newspaper or in kung fu magazines around the world.

What I have to say would change the entire world if it was disseminated by those newspapers and magazines.

I am going to be a historical figure. In the future, people will refer to Happeh and Happeh Theory.
                ------------------------

You can continue with the abuse and ignorance, or you can get in at the ground level and be one of the first people to learn this stuff. It is your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Happeh
                  You ban me for making abusive posts. I told you what goes around comes around. When I came back, you said I posted like a baby. I told you you had a bald head like a baby.

You stopped the abuse. I thought you had got the message that aggression gave no benefit to either of us. Then you print that stuff above.

You are a bonehead. You may be rich, you may be a doctor, you may have a fan club, but you are a loudmouth bonehead. No wonder you attract other loud mouth boneheads.

I have not even begun to speak about what I wrote this thread for, and you are telling me I do not know what I am talking about.

You are no different that Gene Ching. Shooting his mouth off before the conversation has even really begun.

A man claiming to be a big shot in charge of things. Ya you are Gene are in charge of things. You are in charge of the Russbo.com daycare center for kids, and Gene Ching is in charge of the Kung Fu magazine daycare center for kids.

Fools like you hold the progress of the entire human race back. Why don't you do everyone a favor and give up kung fu and close down this site? It is people like you and your coterie that make everyone think kung fu is a joke.

Your stupidity and the stupidity of your fellows is hastening the degeneration of kung fu in the western world.
                  OK, off to HELL Happeh. There was nothing in my post to warrant this response. Have a good time.
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                  russbo.com

Comment

I thought you had got the message that aggression gave no benefit to either of us.
                    well, happeh, i was just beginning to think that you actually had the potential for change. but, of all your kung fu knowledge and ability, you still don't know how to respond without reacting first. doc was asking for you to tell everyone what your theories are about the tajitu because he doesn't understand it's meaning himself. he was curious, and was also communicating with you in a very polite manner.

you, my friend, are the abuser.
                    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I am going to be a historical figure. In the future, people will refer to Happeh and Happeh Theory.
                      If you really want this to happen, man, you're going to have to change your approach. That's just the way it is. You could be 100% right about everything you're saying and it won't make a bit of difference if you continue to act the way you do. Tell me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember Jesus or the Buddha calling their detractors babies with little brains.

You're going to dismiss this as "gossipy" or something, but the point is nobody wants to listen to someone who's obviously miserable tell them about the secrets of life. That's just the way it is.

Comment

Z, another clue to his psychological makeup. I was almost getting him figured out when he went just a little too far, again.
                        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Almost getting him figured out? I think you might be making this a little more complicated than it is, doc. But I can respect trying to see the best in people.

Comment

We can't help him if we don't understand him.

There's another member here, who we watched "evolve" over the years. He's turned out to be a remarkable individual.

russbo.com

Comment

Practicing zazen, i find that only by being yin can i reach true yang. Sitting and being receptive can bring the good answer attitude.

Guan Yin Pusa is such a play on word: by being perfect Yin, by purely listening, she can act compassionately, being pure Yang.

Comment

thats clever. but unfortunately thats a different character altogether and yinyang has nothing to do with buddhism. non-duality.

Comment

Working...
                                X